GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought,my loft has just been newly insulated and I know it's a government scheme,the guy that did mine left some unused insulation up in the loft.

If this was the case here I'm pretty sure that would hide a small body if you roll it back up the way it came.

But....since insulation holds heat and in the hot weather we have been having I'd imagine that the smell would have been horrific as I don't imagine it would hold on a smell.

Not impossible but unlikely

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Petley was senior fun fair staff. He stated to the media that he nor other fun fair staff had been approached Friday evening by either SH or CS

When shown a photograph of SH, Mr. Petley stated he did not recognise SH. Yet the fun fair was quiet at the time SH claimed he and CS searched for Tia at the fun fair. Moreover, SH claimed he asked the security guard at the fun fair if he could get in to take a look around

SH claimed he first walked the perimeter of the fun fair, searching for Tia. Then, he claimed he looked everywhere inside the fun fair for Tia. He even gilded the lily by claiming he looked in the ghost ride and so on

Yet the fun fair staff claimed in the This Is Croydon Today article that SH could NOT have entered the fun fair without getting through the ticket booth and they claimed he had NOT done so, NOR had he asked anyone if he could search inside

SH's claims about the fun fair were apparently total fabrication

The fun fair staff said the FIRST time they were approached by ANYONE regarding Tia was when people came with missing posters asking if they could put them up

Here is another 'Page No Longer ' remnant from Google re: the fabricated tale about searching the fun fair

News for Mr. Petley did not recognise Stuart Hazell

Tia Sharp: Fairground workers raise doubts over murder suspect Stuart Hazell's story

This is Croydon‎ - 2 days ago

The Advertiser showed Mr Petley a picture of Stuart Hazell, but he did not recognise him. "I've talked to everyone who worked that night and ...
Police have pulled all articles about the fabricated fun fair search including verbatim testimony by members of the public who stated for posterity that they had NOT been approached by SH and/or CS

Google still carries remnants of articles stating fun fair staff were not approached by SH

here:

Tia Sharp - funfair owners dispute story - MoneySavingExpert.com ...

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4118375...

Block all forums.moneysavingexpert.com results

Tia Sharp - funfair owners dispute story

but if you attempt to access the story using the header in Google, you are once again greeted by a page stating ' Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator ', despite the story is only two or three days old

I live on the other side of the world, but by some freak thing I was in the area on that Friday, taking my kids to lunch as we were due to fly out of the UK the next day. I did not know the area and got lost many times. AFter lunch I coded into the GPS in my rental car to take me to a Post Office. It took me to a Cost Cutter shop that has a post office, and this was adjacent to a fun fair. My kids saw it and asked if we could go, but there was no parking and it was tiny and looked like junk anyway. I don't know if it is the same fun fair or not, but it was empty in the late afternoon.

And another Google header:

Tia Sharp: Fairground workers raise doubts over murder suspect ...www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Tia-Sharp-Fairground.../story.html

2 days ago – "We went down to the funfair (he turns to Tia's uncle David Sharp) it was ... Me and Chris, we couldn't see her so we went up to a security guard ...[/quote]

Again, if you attempt to access the story, you will be greeted with:

Sorry… Page Not Found
The page you have requested does not exist or is no longer available.
If the problem persists, please contact us.

Click here to go back to our home page

So she'll probably have a choice of hideouts for the time being.

ITN have removed the interview with Hazell for some reason, maybe for legal reasons? I was looking for a transcript after but couldn't find one. I wanted to remind myself of exactly what he'd said about the morning routine. I seem to remember that he said he'd done Tia's washing on Thursday night, but that he also checked upstairs for more washing the next morning, to make sure there was 'no more washing'.

We don't know if she was in her day clothes or her pyjamas at the time he killed her. But if he killed her on Thursday, then he'd have only needed to do one wash on the Thursday?

Still can't really grasp why he did it. I have to assume he was either drunk out of his head or on drugs or something, and maybe when Tia wouldn't leave the phone on charge like he told her to, he lost it? He did seem to be a little irritated when he talked about it, as if he was remembering how she ignored him and carried on using it? The alternative is that she refused his advances (if he made any) and he lost the plot. Alcohol can make some (not all!) people very very unpredictable.

I just cannot believe he was sober or clear-headed at the time. And since Gran would have been very aware of what he was like when he'd been drinking, she should never have left her precious granddaughter alone with him for a minute, never mind 24 hours. And mum must have known what Hazell was like as well, yet although all the people involved so far have claimed she was their 'life', no one seemed at all concerned that Tia was spending such a lot of time alone with Hazell. Maybe that kind of casual parenting was common in their family, so it wouldn't have been seen as anything important.to worry about?

I remember how he rambled on about what Tia was wearing - the same outfit as when she was seen on CCTV, yellow top etc - and that she was definitely wearing the same outfit because he remembers washing it. I thought that was important - I think it's unlikely that a girl would request for a normal everyday outfit to be washed so she could wear it the next day. Dressing well is important to young girls, and she stayed at that place regularly so she would probably have had a lot to wear. I also think it's unlikely that a bloke would actually notice/remember what she was wearing, and lets face it, most men don't do much washing/housework under normal circumstances. It makes me think that Tia died on the Thursday while wearing those clothes, and that SH did wash them to remove evidence, then redressed her, before reporting her missing the next day after they dried and the crime scene had been cleaned.

Anyway, if the police had conducted the most cursory investigation of the story told by the last two people to see Tia alive and if police had taken the brief time to contact the fun-fair, they would have learned on Friday night that the story of a fun-fair search by SH and CS was at very least, highly suspect

This would have provided police ample justification to conduct a thorough search of CS's premises whilst at the same time, taking SH and CS to the station to obtain statements, in addition to obtaining statements from the staff of the fun-fair

Had this been done, Tia's body would ... should .. have been discovered Friday night in addition to police having due cause to take SH and CS into custody

There would have been no need for T-shirts or posters or vigils or thousands of police and search hours and the coroner would have no difficulty ascertaining time and cause of death

in my opinion

I'm guessing the cause of death will be strangulation - particularly as this seems un pre-meditated - which will hopefully show up in a postmortem even if it has been a few days (correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not good on the sciencey parts).

Any other theories?

I'm guessing the cause of death will be strangulation - particularly as this seems un pre-meditated - which will hopefully show up in a postmortem even if it has been a few days (correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not good on the sciencey parts).

Any other theories?

i think you could be right,i cant see it being bloody that would have surely be picked up by a dog sooner than she was found.

possibly blunt force trauma,one blow not bloody.

he could have broken her neck? i don't think that would be very hard for a grown man to do? im sure i read on an earlier post tia was small for her age?

Thing is, the fun-fair search story would undoubtedly have been the story they (SH and CS) told Tia's mother and step-father when they went to them with the tale that Tia was 'missing'

And of necessity, it would have been the same story SH and CS told police when police went to them as they had to do, seeing CS's house was where Tia had last been

Of necessity also, the search of the fun-fair story would have been the story SH told police in his original statement to them and ALSO when the media photographed him coming and going from the subsequent 2 hour interview

CS would have been asked by investigators to detail everything she knew of Tia's movements from Thursday onwards. If CS's story had differed from that of SH, there would have been problems right then. So CS must have continued to tell the same tale about fun-fair search to police each time she was questioned

Therefore, the tv interview claims of a fun-fair search was not the first time SH had told the story. He'd told it AT LEAST three times previously, beginning on Friday evening when he and CS claimed Tia was 'missing'

Doubtless SH and CS told the tale of the fun-fair search several times in succession -- to family, neighbours and everyone else

Lo and behold, several days into the search, This Is Croydon Today blew the lies of the fun-fair search to pieces, intentionally or not, when they quoted the fun-fair operators' account

This Is Croydon Today went further and quoted the fun-fair operators as saying the FIRST time they were approached about Tia was when people approached them with missing-posters. The fun-fair operators were adamant they had NOT been approached by or even seen SH or CS

So everyone who read This Is Croydon Today was aware that SH and CS had NOT searched for Tia at the fun-fair, whereas the police appeared OBLIVIOUS to that fact and were allowing SH to wander around as police continued searching garbage bins

The thisiscroydontoday funfair article is referenced in post 696 of the predecessor thread to this one. It's timed at 6:35pm on Friday 10th.

IIRC the first time the public heard about SH/SC searching the fair was in the SH video interview which was first aired on the 9th.

Once the fairground visit was mentioned to the media, I'm sure they would have followed up hence the article?

Anyway, if the police had conducted the most cursory investigation of the story told by the last two people to see Tia alive and if police had taken the brief time to contact the fun-fair, they would have learned on Friday night that the story of a fun-fair search by SH and CS was at very least, highly suspect

This would have provided police ample justification to conduct a thorough search of CS's premises whilst at the same time, taking SH and CS to the station to obtain statements, in addition to obtaining statements from the staff of the fun-fair

Had this been done, Tia's body would ... should .. have been discovered Friday night in addition to police having due cause to take SH and CS into custody

There would have been no need for T-shirts or posters or vigils or thousands of police and search hours and the coroner would have no difficulty ascertaining time and cause of death

in my opinion

You're probably right, but as I said earlier, I don't think we know for sure when the funfair story was first produced. It may have been a later embellishment.

i think you could be right,i cant see it being bloody that would have surely be picked up by a dog sooner than she was found.

possibly blunt force trauma,one blow not bloody.

he could have broken her neck? i don't think that would be very hard for a grown man to do? im sure i read on an earlier post tia was small for her age?

Potentially yes. She was only about 4 and a half foot I think - tiny. Very sad. My own sister is 12 years old and she's about 5 and a half foot - really makes me sad to think. :(

i hope whichever prison SH is sent to while awaiting his trial has him in solitary,wouldn't want him being murdered and not face his punishment for what he has done.because as far as im aware people in prison,no matter what they have done to be there don't take to kindly to child killers!

Firstly we’re dealing with someone of low intelligence and a history of criminal behaviour. It would not surprise me if TS’s death occurred accidentally, either due to SH actions or trip/fall, and the body was concealed due to a fear of how the police could misconstrue the circumstances (although I cannot comment on the likelihood of this, it just wouldn’t surprise me personally).

As regards some of the speculation regarding the body’s location/reason for it not being discovered:

Firstly, most people are aware (from watching tv/films) that it is preferable to conceal a body in a non-porous material wrapped as tightly as possible to minimize odour. Next, it must be remembered that lofts are freezing in the winter, boiling in the summer. As a previous poster mentioned, such extremes in temperature can differentially effect decomposition times. Also, if someone has a criminal background, they might be more aware of which household chemicals can be used to disguise decay.

The Ladder: The police brought one into the property – when? If this was after they’d previously searched the loft (indicating a ladder must already have been present) does that mean the ladder was used for another purpose – perhaps the structure of the loft was unstable and the ladder was used horizontally across joists for access? This might explain why the lost was not searched fully to begin with.

Water tank: I’m doubtful of this owing to the apparent complete outline of the body being taken away from the scene. If a body had been submerged in water for long period of time wouldn’t this have caused more damage?

Christmas Tree Box: Although an interesting possibility, I doubt that a small townhouse would have the space to accommodate a Christmas tree (hence box) the size of a small child.

Loft insulation: My experience is this stuff usually lies flat at a fairly uniform height across the floor, and is easily spotted when disrupted.

I’m not sure how a body could be so well concealed in a loft that it would be missed when searched by the police, unless perhaps it had fixed floorboards with a single access hatch – then someone with enough time could possibly place the body beneath the floorboards at a place distant from the hatch and fill the rest of the space with packing. But I cant imagine council housing having a loft so well constructed.

Wondering who these people being discussed are, in terms of this discussion? Or to what the initials being used refer? Lets start a list so we all know & understand exactly who we are refering to. Please copy & paste any missing initials & names missing from the list we are discussing -

TS - Tia Sharp (Murder Victim / Unconfirmed Identified BODY) RIP :rose:
CS - Christine Sharp aka Grandmother (Arrested on Suspicion of Murder 11/08/12)(Released on bail 12/08/12)
SH - Stuart Hazel aka Grandfather/Grandmothers Partner (Charged with Murder 12/08/12) :jail:
PM - Paul Meehan (Neighbour arrested for assisting an offender)(Released on bail 12/08/12)
NS - Natalie Sharp (Tia Sharps mother)
PS - Paul Sharp (Tia Sharps real grandfather)
CB - Christine Bicknell aka CS Christine Sharp (Maiden name)
SC - Stephen Carter (Tia Sharps real father)
DN - David Niles (Tia Sharps stepfather/ Natalie Sharp's husband)
NB - Neil Basu (Met Police Commander)
LE - Local Establishment/Police Force

Thanks so much for this,list!!!

I believe I read that DN is NS's boyfriend (they are not married).

see article where Tia's real father, SC discusses being only feet away from Tia's body while he was outside Gran's house.

Would anyone happen to have SH's birthdate? Sure would appreciate it.

He might of purposely not allowed the dogs out in the yard, so that they would poop and it would stink to high heaven.
I can smell a dog and its poop a long way off....to me it would mask a multitude of honkers.

But have you smelt a decaying human corpse? Nothing comes close, I am a nurse and have smelled many unpleasant things but putrefying flesh, unforgettable. Sorry to be graphic

Would anyone happen to have SH's birthdate? Sure would appreciate it.

I couldn't find his birthdate because I'm not a member of the site, but I found this:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/...e=on&sortOrder=RK:true&_performExactSearch=on

Just in case the link doesn't work, I searched for "Stuart Hazell" born 1974 or 1975, because he's 37, and has either had a birthday this year or will turn 38 this year. The search came up with Stuart Edward Hazell, born in Kingston-upon-Thames, in 1975, which would mean that SH's birthday is earlier than August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member