GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the term common-law grandfather be a better term to use for SH ?? As he & CB are not married am i right ??

No. He is not a grandfather in any degree: he is just the grandmother's boyfriend, lover, whatever word one prefers to use there.
ETA - Super Tmo said it better!

why call the birth father in the early hours of the morning and then tell him not to worry? that she is probably staying with a friend? FGS that implies that it was acceptable for her to wander off and do her own thing without permission...

I think that's quite natural, actually. They would be worrying of course, but at the same time clinging to the hope that she was safe somewhere. It was stated that she'd never run away before, but there has to be a first time for everything, and that was their hope.

Now sh has been formally charged,I want to know Why and how it happened.but I guess we will need to wait until there is a trial.

Depends - if he (and anyone else who is charged) pleads guilty, there won't be a trial.

I still find it hard to believe that the grandmother knew nothing about what had happened....A decomposing body after a few days would produce an odour

Also the grandmother would be aware that SH was lying when he said they had been to the fair searching for her on the Friday night! If she didn't actually suspect he'd killed the girl she has to at least know he's lied about where they BOTH were supposed to have looked for her together! Also she would have said "let one of us stay home in case she turns up late" so she had to know there was no chance of that.

If they can't get any hard evidence they have to let her go on bail, even if they feel sure in their own hearts she was involved in the coverup at some level. Their time for questioning will run out and then they won't be allowed to arrest her again if and when they do get the evidence

If you think of it, it was a costly error of judgement prosecuting Maxine Carr for her false alibi - it has cost the taxpayer loads of money protecting her and really she wasn't a danger to kids in the first place.

Just wanted to add that release on bail is very different to how they let Hazell go before which was released without charge - that left him free to go where he likes. Release on bail can have all manner of conditions applied including having to stay at a bail hostel and be under some form of watch.

I still find it hard to believe that the grandmother knew nothing about what had happened....A decomposing body after a few days would produce an odour

It seems a few people were in and out of the house all week, including the police. So, I can imagine the grandmother not noticing if no one else did. It'll probably depend on where the body was hidden and how wrapped up it was.

I can agree the grandmother may not have noticed the presence of a body, but she must have noticed they didn't in fact check the fairground like they claimed to? I am quite sure that if participants in such a high profile news story had actually spoken to the staff at the gate as they claimed, that would have been remembered by the staff concerned.

It seems a few people were in and out of the house all week, including the police. So, I can imagine the grandmother not noticing if no one else did. It'll probably depend on where the body was hidden and how wrapped up it was.

and there might have been a number of decomposing 'things' in that house...who knows how bad it smelt anyway? dog mess in the hoover n all.

the grandmother had to know something,maybe not about tia being in the house but why would she lie for SH if she really did think tia was missing?

could she not be charged with perverting the course of justice because she has lied?

If you suspected a relative had done something to your child, you'd either need to go straight to the police, or if you were wrestling with your conscience, you'd need to "get away", just to try to make sense of it all.

All along I've felt the gran was involved and the mother knew something.
While SH has to be involved somewhere I will not be at all surprised if it's the gran who did it, as I've said before.

(Sorry Tyker, I can't eat that hat yet!!) ;)

I've been following along and agree. The mom must have had grave doubts about what had happened. Didn't I read somewhere that grandma's partner had been with the daughter first? Whole thing is too sickening for words.

and there might have been a number of decomposing 'things' in that house...who knows how bad it smelt anyway? dog mess in the hoover n all.

Actually, that part of the quote stands out to me, the hoovering the "dog mess". Why did he make such a point to mention that specifically? I wonder if he had used some cleaning products on the floor in the area of the "dog mess" and knew he would have to explain the (bleach? Cleanser? Damp spot? Soiled area?)....

Actually, that part of the quote stands out to me, the hoovering the "dog mess". Why did he make such a point to mention that specifically? I wonder if he had used some cleaning products on the floor in the area of the "dog mess" and knew he would have to explain the (bleach? Cleanser? Damp spot? Soiled area?)....

It will no doubt all become clear, but if he was doing the housework that's all the details that was needed. Nothing makes sense here. Nothing. Sick.

If you think of it, it was a costly error of judgement prosecuting Maxine Carr for her false alibi - it has cost the taxpayer loads of money protecting her and really she wasn't a danger to kids in the first place.

Respectfully snipped by me.

I know it cost a lot but that woman gives me rage. She KNEW what had happened to the girls. She KNEW Holly and Jessica. She cleaned the house from top to bottom and no forensic trace of the girls were found in the house (to the best of my knowledge). She gave that hideous scum bag an alibi. She went on the news showing a card one of the girls made her... She in no way shape or form should have got away with that IMO

He might of purposely not allowed the dogs out in the yard, so that they would poop and it would stink to high heaven.
I can smell a dog and its poop a long way off....to me it would mask a multitude of honkers.

Foxymona, I am not exonerating Carr, but overall every place in prison taken up with someone who isn't actually a danger in society is one that judges are encouraged to try not to fill with some real menace. Quite apart from the cost. Of course, if the public would resist their tendency to add their own form of justice on top of what the penal system hand out, subsequent protection wouldn't take up so much money and police resources.

It makes sense now why Hazel was so specific about the cleaning he'd been doing. That bit was the truth.

Hi everyone :seeya:

I used to be a lurker on this forum during the Joanna Yeates case, but reading about Tia Sharp's disappearance has finally prompted me to join.

I've seen people make reference to strange/angry/disturbing etc posts on the grandmother's Facebook page. I don't have Facebook, so I was just wondering if anyone could elaborate on the nature of these posts? I've read the forum T+C's and I know you can't quote or take screenshots of someone's Facebook, but I just wanted vague details really i.e. is there anything in specific she gets angry about, is there lots of swearing, or arguments with other Facebook users? And does she have many photos of Tia on her page?

I've had a very bad feeling about the grandmother since seeing her cover her face during the candlelight vigil. There's just something not quite right there...

And purely out of curiosity, do we know when the grandmother got her 'Tia' tattoo? Before Tia's disappearance or after?

Hiya,

The posts were regarding the grandmother's anger, irritation with those that push religion (understand that this is a very vague statement, but I think it captures the vibe). It was not just something like "gosh..I don't like people to push their views and beliefs on me", rather it was a string of profanity and anger regarding those who she believed were throwing this around.

Her posts had more of a rant nature to them. There were also a couple of other disturbing posts regarding violence and evil.

Hopefully that says enough without crossing any lines.

Cheers,

Hi everyone :seeya:

I used to be a lurker on this forum during the Joanna Yeates case, but reading about Tia Sharp's disappearance has finally prompted me to join.

I've seen people make reference to strange/angry/disturbing etc posts on the grandmother's Facebook page. I don't have Facebook, so I was just wondering if anyone could elaborate on the nature of these posts? I've read the forum T+C's and I know you can't quote or take screenshots of someone's Facebook, but I just wanted vague details really i.e. is there anything in specific she gets angry about, is there lots of swearing, or arguments with other Facebook users? And does she have many photos of Tia on her page?

I've had a very bad feeling about the grandmother since seeing her cover her face during the candlelight vigil. There's just something not quite right there...

And purely out of curiosity, do we know when the grandmother got her 'Tia' tattoo? Before Tia's disappearance or after?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9470806/Tia-Sharp-Mother-visits-makeshift-shrine.html

Tia's mum went to lay flowers today. Anyone wonder if the Gran is staying with the daughter while all this is going on?

I don't know how things are in the family right now, but I have done a fair bit of ancestry work on them and they seem a large family, CS (CB) appears to have plenty of siblings and nieces and nephews. In fact, going by marriage records, it appears that CS may be the odd one out.

I don't know how things are in the family right now, but I have done a fair bit of ancestry work on them and they seem a large family, CS (CB) appears to have plenty of siblings and nieces and nephews. In fact, going by marriage records, it appears that CS may be the odd one out.
So she'll probably have a choice of hideouts for the time being.

ITN have removed the interview with Hazell for some reason, maybe for legal reasons? I was looking for a transcript after but couldn't find one. I wanted to remind myself of exactly what he'd said about the morning routine. I seem to remember that he said he'd done Tia's washing on Thursday night, but that he also checked upstairs for more washing the next morning, to make sure there was 'no more washing'.

We don't know if she was in her day clothes or her pyjamas at the time he killed her. But if he killed her on Thursday, then he'd have only needed to do one wash on the Thursday?

Still can't really grasp why he did it. I have to assume he was either drunk out of his head or on drugs or something, and maybe when Tia wouldn't leave the phone on charge like he told her to, he lost it? He did seem to be a little irritated when he talked about it, as if he was remembering how she ignored him and carried on using it? The alternative is that she refused his advances (if he made any) and he lost the plot. Alcohol can make some (not all!) people very very unpredictable.

I just cannot believe he was sober or clear-headed at the time. And since Gran would have been very aware of what he was like when he'd been drinking, she should never have left her precious granddaughter alone with him for a minute, never mind 24 hours. And mum must have known what Hazell was like as well, yet although all the people involved so far have claimed she was their 'life', no one seemed at all concerned that Tia was spending such a lot of time alone with Hazell. Maybe that kind of casual parenting was common in their family, so it wouldn't have been seen as anything important.to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords