GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when SH went to jail, his address was listed as Dale Court (York Road) Kingston. So he was apparently not living in CS' home at that time.

Yes it was, but he was in fact on the electoral roll for the Lindens.

I read that PS divorced CS 14 years ago. That would be 1998. I would have thought he would have moved out of the house at that point but who knows with this family.

I think Crazy Mama posted in an earlier thread that CS married DA in 2004???

SH was charged with drug dealing in October 2002 and sentenced in April 2003 to serve 2 years and 10 months.

At what point NS, TS and DS moved out I have no idea.
Yes, that all appears to be correct. I am not sure if the marriage to DA was a 'proper' one or if she ever took his name, she appears to like flipping between surnames.

According to the Mirror it looks like there will be a defence PM before the body is released for a funeral

Forensic examinations of the 12-year-old’s internal organs and tissue drew a blank....

Tia’s body has not yet been released to her family because the accused’s lawyers have instructed a pathologist to conduct a second postmortem....

Scotland Yard said: “There are still some tests outstanding but Tia’s body has been released to the defence who are conducting their own postmortem.”...

That is expected to be completed this week allowing her funeral to take place by the end of the month.

From http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tia-sharp-cause-of-death-may-never-1304262

Not good.
Well, it's just about the best news SH could have hoped for. I bet he can't believe his good luck. Without proof of how Tia died, I assume (if he was involved in her death) that all he can be done for is concealing a body and preventing a burial. Although, if the police already questioned him before the results came back, can't that be used against him? Or would his lawyer have made sure he didn't answer any questions that might incriminate him? Poor Tia. Not only failed by her family, and failed by the police, but now justice might never be done. What a cruel and sorry end to her short life.

Well there is of course the factor of what he has said to police so far, and circumstantial evidence - but the circumstances are not really certain as no one knows for sure who was in the house when she died as I don't suppose they know when she died, now.

Well, it's just about the best news SH could have hoped for. I bet he can't believe his good luck. Without proof of how Tia died, I assume (if he was involved in her death) that all he can be done for is concealing a body and preventing a burial. Although, if the police already questioned him before the results came back, can't that be used against him? Or would his lawyer have made sure he didn't answer any questions that might incriminate him? Poor Tia. Not only failed by her family, and failed by the police, but now justice might never be done. What a cruel and sorry end to her short life.

It depends on what else forensics show. Why would the defence want a second post mortem if the first did not reveal any information.

forensics might not show a definite cause of death-but many other things might have shown.
It could be possible to show by marks on the plastic bag whether 1 or 2 people carried it or whether it was dragged,they might have been able to tell more accurately whether she died on thursday or Friday.

The police might have to build a case for murder rather than manslaughter-It will depend on other evidence they have.With Jessica and Holly they could not give the cause of death ,but they had enough other evidence to convict Huntley.

I suppose the defending barrister has requested the 2nd P.M. on behalf of S.H. as this will make it in S.H. favour.
1...Because even if S.H. is guilty of the crime, by insisting a 2nd P.M. it will make him look like he is a less guilty person (obviously hoping no further evidence will be found) as most people if they have done a crime and no evidence has been found, they wouldn't want a second P.M. in case some further evidence turns up.
2...In the case he didn't actually commit the crime, maybe he is hoping something has been overlooked and the 2nd P.M. will prove he didn't actually have any involvment in T.S. death.
I.M.O. I think it will be the 1st scenario, but who knows there has been so many twists and turns throughout this case and not much info revealed.

I suppose the defending barrister has requested the 2nd P.M. on behalf of S.H. as this will make it in S.H. favour.
1...Because even if S.H. is guilty of the crime, by insisting a 2nd P.M. it will make him look like he is a less guilty person (obviously hoping no further evidence will be found) as most people if they have done a crime and no evidence has been found, they wouldn't want a second P.M. in case some further evidence turns up.
2...In the case he didn't actually commit the crime, maybe he is hoping something has been overlooked and the 2nd P.M. will prove he didn't actually have any involvment in T.S. death.
I.M.O. I think it will be the 1st scenario, but who knows there has been so many twists and turns throughout this case and not much info revealed.
If a 2nd PM should show further evidence against those accused, would the defense or coroner be obliged to reveal what they should find?

THE funeral of tragic schoolgirl Tia Sharp will be held next Friday — with thousands likely to pay their last respects.

Bicknell, 46, who was arrested on suspicion of murder and bailed pending further inquiries, is set to attend the funeral. Her partner Stuart Hazell, 37, has been charged with murder.

An initial post mortem failed to establish the cause of death. A second has taken place and Tia’s family were told yesterday that her body will be released.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-say-goodbye-to-Tia-Sharp.html#ixzz25rTGOLF9

Blimey CS is going, not sure how she's going to face all those people. She was originally warned not to go.

Good luck to her,I know there are going to be plenty of people not happy about that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i very much doubt she'll be following it down the streets etc as i think she'd be lynched.

she'll probably turn up at whatever Church etc by Police Car and then taken away pretty quick after it ends.

Tia's funeral is this coming Friday. How sad that she was actually born in the house where her body was found.

Mr Carter, who last saw his daughter five years ago on a family holiday to The Isle of Sheppey, said: "I have been thinking back on the good times, watching her as she grew up."

He revealed Tia was actually born in the home in The Lindens, New Addington where her body was found, and he and Natalie Sharp, her mother, lived there for more than a year before their relationship broke down.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/croydonnews/9922702.Funeral_date_set_for_Tia_Sharp/

It depends on what else forensics show. Why would the defence want a second post mortem if the first did not reveal any information.

forensics might not show a definite cause of death-but many other things might have shown.
It could be possible to show by marks on the plastic bag whether 1 or 2 people carried it or whether it was dragged,
they might have been able to tell more accurately whether she died on thursday or Friday.

The police might have to build a case for murder rather than manslaughter-It will depend on other evidence they have.With Jessica and Holly they could not give the cause of death ,but they had enough other evidence to convict Huntley.
But even if it shows more than one person carried or dragged the bag, it still doesn't prove a cause of death. In the Huntley case, he was able to wait until he had all the facts first before he said a word. He weaved his whole story around the evidence that had been found (the reason for Holly sitting on the bed etc) knowing he'd have to explain the presence of any clothes fibres.

The thing is that he did admit both girls had died in his house and as we know they didn't live there, he had to invent a tale about why they were there in the first place. But Tia was staying with Gran so you'd expect her DNA and clothes fibres to be everywhere. SH doesn't have to explain away any of that. If no cause of death is found, he can just say she collapsed or drank something and choked and that he panicked because he was worried he'd be done for it because of his past form.

I think it will be much much harder to prove murder in Tia's case than it was with Holly and Jessica.

Tia's funeral is this coming Friday. How sad that she was actually born in the house where her body was found.

]

something very sad and rather poignant about that, poor Tia.

But even if it shows more than one person carried or dragged the bag, it still doesn't prove a cause of death.
Tia was staying with Gran so you'd expect her DNA and clothes fibres to be everywhere. SH doesn't have to explain away any of that. If no cause of death is found, he can just say she collapsed or drank something and choked and that he panicked because he was worried he'd be done for it because of his past form.

I think it will be much much harder to prove murder in Tia's case

I agree, a good barrister would be able to put up an excellent defence........and from what we are led to believe, he does have a very good barrister

I agree that it's very sad that it may never be known what happened to Tia or why. If the police had found her body earlier, if indeed it was in the attic or next door attic, maybe it would have been different, and cause of death could have been clear. What a horrible thought if that is the case.

I agree that it's very sad that it may never be known what happened to Tia or why. If the police had found her body earlier, if indeed it was in the attic or next door attic, maybe it would have been different, and cause of death could have been clear. What a horrible thought if that is the case.
Yes, it's awful isn't it? If the police are found to have been at fault in not discovering the body earlier, then it's directly down to them if a cause is never found, and a murderer gets away with murder.

Just like Huntley never had to tell the truth, nor will SH. A tragedy all round.

alyce - SH has an excellent barrister by the looks of it. I just hope that the tests come back with something definitive for Tia's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway