Uk -Laura Mortimer, 31, & Ella Dalby, 11, Gloucester, 28 May 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They have been named as Laura Boon and her daughter Ella Dalby. The 28 year old man who has been arrested hasn't yet been named.

Mum, 31, and daughter, 11, found dead at home named after man is arrested

Laura's Facebook timeline shows her posing for some cute pics with her daughters, Ella was the eldest of three girls - admins I'm unclear on the FB linking rules, am I allowed to post links?

Last edited:
The Mail are naming him.

The estranged husband of a wedding planner is today being questioned on suspicion of murdering his wife and step-daughter after they were found dead on Bank Holiday Monday.

Chris Boon, 28, was reportedly arrested on a bridge near the Gloucester home where Laura Mortimer, 31, and her eldest child Ella were killed.

Boon has two children with Ms Mortimer, aged four and six, and they are said to have been in the house when their mother and step-sister died.

Neighbours said they were woken by a 'loud bang' just before the emergency services were called to a property in the city at 4.50am on Bank Holiday Monday.

In the days before her death Laura, who ran a wedding planning service Sweet Beginnings, wrote on Facebook she had a 's*** year' but was now 'absolutely loving life'.

Boon was said to have been caught using dating app Tinder and her father Richard Mortimer told MailOnline she had 'kicked him out' but came back recently when 'they kissed and made up'.

Mr Mortimer said his son-in-law was known as 'Mr Boast' because of his bragging nature and revealed Ella had started secondary school adding: 'I don't know what would make anyone do a thing like that. She was my little lollipop and now she's gone.'
Estranged husband, 28, is quizzed over 'double murder' of wedding planner, 31, and her daughter, 11, | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if they were able to name the suspect

I'm assuming some aren't naming him as it's not yet from an "official" source? This mornings update from Gloucestershire Live still doesnt name him

08:58 KEY EVENT
Officers granted more time to question man on suspicion of murder
Police officers have been granted a 30-hour magistrates’ extension to continue questioning a 28-year-old man arrested on suspicion of the murder of a woman and girl in Gloucester.

Detectives now have until Thursday morning to question the arrested man in connection with the deaths of Laura Mortimer and Ella Dalby. More here

Day three of murder investigation into deaths of mum and daughter

From Gloustershire Live:

Man charged with double murder
Police released a statement at about 10.25pm yesterday, confirming a man had been charged with Laura and Ella’s murders.

Here is the release in full.

A man has been charged with the murder of Laura Boon, nee Mortimer, and her daughter Ella Dalby.

Christopher Boon, 28, and of Dexter Way, Gloucester, will appear before magistrates in Cheltenham tomorrow morning (Thursday May 31) charged with two counts of murder.

Police were called to Dexter Way at 4.50am on Monday (May 28) after the ambulance service reported that two people had been seriously injured at an address.

Laura, 31, and Ella, 11, were pronounced dead a short time later.

Man due in court charged with double murder of mum and daughter

So, have I got this right. He killed his wife and the daughter who was not his and left his own children in the house, unharmed?

It does sound that way - I'm wondering who called the ambulance. The link from The Mail that Legally posted said the youngest children where aged 4 and 6 and in the house at the time.

How do we delete posts on this new format forum? I'm having finger trouble and posting things twice :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back