GUILTY UK - Zara Aleena, 36, murdered in ‘horrific assault’ in east London, 26 June 2022 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
Zara Aleena 'would not use taxis because she was scared of sharing a car with a stranger and believed it was safer to walk home at night because street lights were on', a friend has said.

I‘m asking myself one thing:
There was a marked police car driving past her at about 4 minutes before the attack. Would there have been an opportunity to, like raise a hand, halt that car and tell them „There is someone following me, please take me home.“

The girl probably spotted that car too late.
As reports about the crime emerged, it was shared with the public that the lowlife who murdered Sarah Everard posed as a cop to detain her. As a result, I wonder if Zara would’ve even considered reaching out to police for assistance in this situation.

A woman who was killed as she returned home from a night out died from head and neck injuries, a coroner has heard.
Zara Aleena, 35, was walking in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, 10 minutes from her home, when she was attacked in the early hours on 26 June.
Jordan McSweeney, 29, from Church Elm Lane, Dagenham, east London, has been charged with her murder.
He is also charged with attempted penetration without consent and robbery.

Yes the police should ideally ensure that the streets are safe.

The reality is different though, I'm not saying it's acceptable or right, just the reality.

I'm a guy and an ex-bobby and there are areas/places that I would not walk alone at night. Not because I'm scared but because I know the reality of the risk in certain places at certain times and my choice it to remove myself from it, unless I'm being paid and I've got the lawful means to defend myself and get help quickly.

People go to into the hills, ignorant of the risks and they get into bother. Most Mountain Rescue call-outs are to incidents that were entirely avoidable if people had been aware of the risk and made informed decisions.

There are mad, bad people out there, there always will be and the police can't be everywhere. We all need to consider the risk in everything we do. If we are uncomfortable with the degree of risk and can't mitigate it sufficiently then the wise thing to do is to not go ahead and find a better plan.

The reality is different though, I'm not saying it's acceptable or right, just the reality.

I'm a guy and an ex-bobby and there are areas/places that I would not walk alone at night. Not because I'm scared but because I know the reality of the risk in certain places at certain times and my choice it to remove myself from it, unless I'm being paid and I've got the lawful means to defend myself and get help quickly.

People go to into the hills, ignorant of the risks and they get into bother. Most Mountain Rescue call-outs are to incidents that were entirely avoidable if people had been aware of the risk and made informed decisions.

There are mad, bad people out there, there always will be and the police can't be everywhere. We all need to consider the risk in everything we do. If we are uncomfortable with the degree of risk and can't mitigate it sufficiently then the wise thing to do is to not go ahead and find a better plan.
I agree.
Maybe in ideal world women would be safe wherever they go, but reality is what everyone can see.

The golden rule should always be for friends to accompany single girls home after outings finishing at night.

I couldn't agree more. The problem now is that anyone acknowledging the reality is likely to be howled down by accusations of "victim blaming". There seems to be some idea that men can be "educated" and a utopia can be created where people will always be free to walk alone late at night. It will never happen; as you say, the mad and bad people will always be out there.

I couldn't agree more. The problem now is that anyone acknowledging the reality is likely to be howled down by accusations of "victim blaming". There seems to be some idea that men can be "educated" and a utopia can be created where people will always be free to walk alone late at night. It will never happen; as you say, the mad and bad people will always be out there.
This is exactly it. I see now how the police have changed their narrative in media appeals because they are afraid of accusations of 'victim blaming'.

This is aberrate nonsense and the police need to be open and honest about the risks we face and what we can do to reduce the risk of being victims of crime.

It doesn't seem to apply to the terrorist attack advice of RUN, HIDE, TELL.

The police need to be true to their role in society. The oath of Constable would be a good place to start.

“I do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly service the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law”

Last edited:

I agree; in 1983 I was mugged with a knife held to my throat one evening in London, when leaving work (I was a student nurse), I was just 19 years old. The police didn't come when I called 999, they were too busy. This experience has had an impact on my entire adult life and I simply do not get into situations where I will be walking around alone in the evening. Some of my friends think it is unacceptable that I must modify my behaviour but I am responsible for myself and happier making other arrangements. I do think it is difficult for women though, sometimes my husband says 'get a taxi' but I don't feel particularly safe around taxi drivers either!

Jordan McSweeney, 29, will stand trial for murder, as well as attempted rape and robbery before the end of the year, a High Court judge has decided.

McSweeney, from Church Elm Lane, Dagenham, east London, is accused of robbing her of her mobile phone, keys and handbag, and attempting to rape her.

The defendant failed to attend the Old Bailey for his scheduled plea hearing today.

Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb fixed a trial to start at the Old Bailey on December 5.

A sexual predator described as a "danger to any woman" has pleaded guilty to the murder of Zara Aleena.

Jordan McSweeney, 29, also admitted sexually assaulting the 35-year-old law graduate as she walked home from a night out in east London last summer.

"McSweeney has refused to come up from the cells for his sentencing hearing."

Brave only when attacking defenceless women.

Moo
Apparently he doesn’t want to relive the events of that night. What a joke.

I wonder, why does he even have the choice to not show up? It’s the ultimate insult to her family. Can’t the officers drag him to the court room?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back