Unedited Police Interrogation Videos of Jodi

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
video 11: she makes it clear that she wants to see the crime scene photos, more so than the photos from the camera.

She asks to see photos numerous times. Some think she just wants to see it to come up with her story, but I don't. If she just wanted to see what photos they found on her camera, I could believe that. But, she knew what she did with his body, so why did she need to see that so badly?

While watching the interrogation videos last night, I made the mistake of thinking I needed to take a few notes. Ten pages later . . . . Sigh. I'll post them later today for anybody that doesn't want to watch the whole thing.

Probably the biggest that leaped out at me (from the first day) was when Jodi and Flores were talking about her cleaning Travis' house. She giggles when talking about Travis sending her the photo of the French maid's outfit. It is very clear that he sent it as a joke, and Jodi thought so too. Flores says Travis is a flirt and Jodi agrees. I hope JM can play that segment of the tape and ask this jury, does this sound like a man being abusive, or does this sound like a guy being playful and not expecting to be taken seriously?

That jumped out at me as well. The photo of the outfit was clearly a joke that she thought was funny too. Travis was trying to be nice by giving her an opportunity to make some money since she was so broke. It was less expensive for him to pay somebody to clean than to spend time doing it himself when he could be making money. Since she desperately needed money, he allowed her to clean as a favor to her.

Another thing that is painfully obvious is just how many times she asked to see the pictures before she would give up information. It was clear she was just as calculating during the interrogations as she was prior to the murder.

Lots of inappropriate behavior observed, such as many tangents about anything and everything under the sun. Also observed was her preoccupation with her stuff and money. Lots of deflection used by her.

I watched all 18 videos. All in all, not much on there that is new or shocking. Most relevant parts have already been shown in tidbits. If you edit out all her weird periods of long silence, it would probably be about 6 or less videos.

Ya'll are probably right...I guess what she meant was it was around 7:30 or 8:00pm...but it really sounded like she said 7:38. :doh:

She's still freakin' weird!

I heard 7:38, too, and thought "how Jodi". I didn't hear the lilt before eight, just a flat 7:38, like an exact time, funny what we hear, yes?

Yeah, I thought her silences were pretty telling. She can come up with a story -- if she has enough time. I also noticed she doesn't react physically no matter what Flores says. Travis doesn't see her as marriage material? Nothing. Every single person pointed a finger at her? Nothing. Flores has photos, some of them taken during the time of the killing? Nothing. When she can't figure out how she's supposed to behave, she does just sits there.

That part amazes me! She's been arrested, she's in an interrogation room with a homicide detective, she knows (and most certainly remembers) she killed Travis and it doesn't phase her in the least.

She is so selfish, self-absorbed and in love with herself that she is most interested in making herself more comfortable--it's too cold, where's her purse, take the handcuffs off, etc.

She is very adept at not showing emotions that will compromise her act--she's never going to say she was jealous of other women, she'll never admit she was seething at not being the girl he was taking to Cancun--she thinks by just sitting there as if she didn't hear the question she is somehow getting away with it.

Travis was dumping her, someone with no sexual or personal boundaries, who introduced him to the world of casual sex--for a Good Mormon Girl. She must have had utter contempt for those girls--I think Lisa Andrews was lucky she was never injured by Jodi.

Jodi is all about her image--and she'll never allow that to falter. She's truly sick.

I'm still stuck on the first day (because I stupidly start writing everything down -- kind of like Jodi. Next thing you know I'll be reading The Road Less Traveled).

Did you notice how at first Jodi insists she didn't kill Travis, didn't hurt him, had nothing to do with his death, but by the end all she says over and over is that she had no reason to kill him. I think that's a big part of her plan. She was counting on nobody linking her to the murder because "she had no reason."

Exactly--she is so careful to act out this charade of not caring that Travis won't marry her because she's just not wife material, not caring that Travis decided not to take her to Cancun, not caring that Travis was dating "good girls" and considered her just a casual sex partner.

This is imperative to her defense to Det. Flores--she had no reason (no jealousy, no woman scorned) to murder Travis.

You can know what was really under the surface at the words she physically reacts to & recoils from:

Obsessive
Jealous
Rage at rejection

Well, Nurmi filed a proposed plea agreement saying that Jodi would plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, and believed she would not receive the DP or life in prison if the case went to trial. The motion also says if they went to trial, Jodi would trash Travis' reputation.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

So it's impossible to know what would have happened if she'd pleaded guilty because she has never planned on doing so. Maybe if she had cooperated she wouldn't be here today, but judging by that potential plea agreement she would only cooperate on her terms.

Imagine if she had cooperated, LWOP, Arizona 1,4 mil richer and most important Travis is not slaughtered again and his family does not have to go thru this trial... If only she had.......

Jodi on video 6, whining about wanting other people to have their pictures, makes me take note that I need to keep my stuff in better order in case something happens to me.

Can someone help me. at 29 minutes, Jodi says what sounds like "Travis got a lot of heat in my journals...but that' okay because you guys already think what you think." What does she mean by that? Or did I hear her wrong?

I don't recall anyone showing her journals in court in a way that made Travis look bad.
I think she said "Travis got a lot of INK in my journal". I agree - but most was what she wrote after she murdered him. It's obvious she wants them to read them.
This woman just blows my mind.

HAPPY EASTER to all the great sleuthers. Have a wonderful, blessed weekend.

I think she didn't want to buy gas in AZ. Stations have cameras, people might see her and remember her. She was pretty back then. She looks harsh now. But back then, someone might have noticed her at an AZ gas station. Or, she feared she might run into someone she knew at an AZ gas station.
Plus she wanted to leave a trail in CA and UT to show where she went on her trip. By demonstrating she used a credit card, no one would ever think she had been in AZ. It shows she preplanned her alabi.

Exactly--she is so careful to act out this charade of not caring that Travis won't marry her because she's just not wife material, not caring that Travis decided not to take her to Cancun, not caring that Travis was dating "good girls" and considered her just a casual sex partner.

This is imperative to her defense to Det. Flores--she had no reason (no jealousy, no woman scorned) to murder Travis.

You can know what was really under the surface at the words she physically reacts to & recoils from:

Obsessive
Jealous
Rage at rejection

You're right - she was trying very hard (too hard) to slap down any suggestion of the very motive that caused her to murder Travis.

Has there been any additional information on the news report that Jodi was originally booked on the plane to Cancun?

Very strange story she tells and I couldn't help but notice the fact that she recalled the exact time of this incident from mid January 2007...exactly 7:38. Who recalls stuff like this with such detail?

Video II @ about 7:08
Mid January 2007 she broke down on the way to LA when she was going to watch Sky Hughes do a training...her car got a flat tire...she had roadside assistance cause her car was still under warranty...they went to take the car in to change the tire and realized that when they sold her the car they didn't give her the wheel lock key.So she had to get a hotel room and get the car towed...it was a big nightmare. She was kind of hungry, it was dinnertime...it was 7:38 and it was dark cause it was January...and the tow truck guy said, "you know there's a Denny's two blocks down here and there's a Jack in the Box there and he was driving me to a hotel....and she said" is there an IHOP around cause I really like IHOP", he's like "yeah, but it's like 5 miles back in the other direction." She was like "eahhh okay", and he was like "I can drive ya there is ya want" He's like this short Mexican guy and he seemed like really harmless and I was like awwww, "okay". I asked him about his life and he had a wife and kids, so he wasn't flirting, ...or he had a girlfriend or something.

JA felt that this was something Sky used to establish a pattern that JA does weird things like that. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I thought she said 7:38, but I think she was saying 7:30-8:00. I agree, it's a lot of detail, but she wasn't trying to "avoid" her responsibility in those actions....

Her comment about the guy being mexican, short and harmless--I bet Martinez heard it. Esp after martinez's remark about the defense guy mixing up hispanic or latino names.

Lady Detective doesn't give JA any time to think of lies to answer all her questions. I bet JA felt like her mom was lecturing her - just going on and on and on. Flores asked short/ simple questions which JA could answer. Lady Detective tends to make statements. JA probably doesn't even know if she's supposed to be commenting!

What I also find 'interesting' is that LD and Det Flores both ask JA questions about if things got out of control, how she wants to be portrayed, if there were other people involved etc? I can't help but think these allowed her to spin her story. I guess that's part of the interrogation technique??
They want her talking before she has a chance to "see the pictures" so to speak. She's been Mirandized, and they would like a full confession. Not getting that, the next best thing is getting her story while they know things she doesn't to catch inconsistencies. I know it might look strange to us, but there is method in this madness.

They want her talking before she has a chance to "see the pictures" so to speak. She's been Mirandized, and they would like a full confession. Not getting that, the next best thing is getting her story while they know things she doesn't to catch inconsistencies. I know it might look strange to us, but there is method in this madness.
Yeah I took those comment back a few pages back. For some reason I thought I'd seen all of Det Blaney's interviewing and I hadn't.

Finished watching all of them a little bit ago, I'm wondering why Flores kept asking her if the pictures were taken on the day of the murder?

Also, when she was telling him about taking the shower pics she tells Flores that Travis hated that pic that Flores had shown her the day before, of Travis with water all over his face, she said she thought it was a really good picture but Travis 'hates it' - she supposedly took it 2 minutes before killing him, how did either she or TA form much of an opinion about it? I still think something is very fishy about the nudie and shower pictures.

Are Flores and Blaney playing good cop/ bad cop then? Blaney is harder on JA, eventually.
Dt. Blaney has nothing JA wants. She can't seduce her, and she doesn't have insider info about Travis' family. The body language says it all.

Obsessive
Jealous
Rage at rejection

Yeah. I agree. You know the saying "Thou doth protest too much?" Same goes for "Thou doth protest too little!"

I don't think it's reasonable for a girl who obviously has feelings for a guy NOT to be a little jealous of these things. I mean, sex with Travis was something she could never undo to make her be "marriage material," and who wouldn't be upset that someone viewed you as not marriage material?

In that sex tape, she sounded like she was still trying to imply that she'd marry him. When she was saying something about rather marrying him because she didn't think she could reach her full sexual potential with another mormon (or something to that effect).

Finished watching all of them a little bit ago, I'm wondering why Flores kept asking her if the pictures were taken on the day of the murder?

Also, when she was telling him about taking the shower pics she tells Flores that Travis hated that pic that Flores had shown her the day before, of Travis with water all over his face, she said she thought it was a really good picture but Travis 'hates it' - she supposedly took it 2 minutes before killing him, how did either she or TA form much of an opinion about it? I still think something is very fishy about the nudie and shower pictures.

I'm thinking she took the shots of herself by using the timer on the camera while Travis was in the shower, then she went in and took the pics of him. I don't believe for one second that he participated willingly in this photo session. He looks terrified in the shower pics.

Lol...I'm not sure that having the same reaction as a fellow WSer makes one "normal" ...but I consider myself in good company when I say that thing with the sandwich was just too weird for words

Where can I find the sandwich eating?
Tia

If someone takes my picture and shows it to me right away on the device, I can see immediately whether I like it or I don't. Jodi on the other hand, could have transferred the pictures onto another device to look at later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back