Update 18 June 2013: In depth interview with Sharlene Bosma

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point - things like a loser drug dealing 25 year old using the handle Say10 doesn't indicate satanism to me, just a juvenile attempt to be "dangerous".

I wasn't referring to say10 and I too already mentioned youthful blissful stupidity. Not looking at this angle would be remiss of a complete and prudent consideration of a murder.

As someone who grew up with parents who fell hook, line, and sinker for the Satanic Panic back in the 90s, I get dismayed when possible satanism or devil worship is brought up in these discussions, as I feel it just distracts many people. I think that true Satanic/occult/ritualistic crimes are extremely rare. There may be plenty of perps who claim "the devil made me do it", but that's opportunistic.

To me, there is nothing in this case at all to indicate an occult connection, unless you want it to, in which case it is easy to find things like a Dodge Ram and say, "Aha! A ram! That's a symbol of Satan." All MOO, of course, as I can't find any links to statistics about the prevalence of occult crimes right now.

Redheart, I would normally agree with you wholeheartedly about Satanism creeping into discussions in many cases, and yes it is frustrating. In this particular case however (and apologies for sounding cryptic), I can only affirm/echo Archangel's response to you.

For those who didnt know , on CHCH channel 11 , 11.30 pm tonight . june 18 th.
special interview called - In Her Own Words .... 30 minutes long..

Sorry to be so graphic, but I believe the incinerator would have to be emptied of ashes at some point in time. I recall LE stating that the ashes they found were more than they would expect from one person. So, I'm thinking if there was already something that had been burned in the incinerator, and it was simply added to, that it became necessary to empty an ash pan at some point, and may explain the 2 burned areas of grass.

When I first read about the box I thought too right away that the incinerator had to have been used, but suddenly this morning, I had to wonder if maybe it wasn't used, and the family had whatever was left cremated, because there was not a lot of other options for them. KWIM?? Hard to write.

Why on earth would a coroner's report take 6 - 8 months? WTHAY? Makes NO sense to me!

moo

because science is not a TV toy... depending on the damage of remains the heart, liver, and kidneys can hold blood evidence from violence. Remember he was found unrecognizable by face. So if his internal body was not scorched the effects of a blunt force would be found in blood clotting sent to repair a wound. Where it starts I do not know but doctors do know how the body reacts to danger/damage.

So yes it well take several months for experts to agree on the findings.

I think TV make us all think a dab of this and slice of this all that is needed to prove a case. In fact these guys work with damaged organs and have to find the least damaged to make determinations. And that takes a keen eye to see the near invisible.

That says it all to me. If DP thought DM was innocent I think he'd be confident that the Crown's case is weak and be pushing for bail.
R.I.P Tim Bosma

I so agree, but the thing is well this be 1st or 2nd degree murder?

The little bastards can easily get off with a 10 yr sentence each as with the 2nd degree and no one talking there is no evidence they did the dirty deed.

The law is pretty weak and lenient regarding so called life sentences. ONE man is killed = a maximum of 10 yrs for second degree murder. Now if we had more than one murdered and video evidence they would be sentence for each life. but in our legal system your life is worth 10 years behind bars if the killer did not plan on killing you.

Lets add kidnapping and forced confinement okay two more years.

You would think at the least a human life would be worth 40 years imprisonment, but no it is equal to that of drug dealers, and bank robbers.

I so agree, but the thing is well this be 1st or 2nd degree murder?

The little bastards can easily get off with a 10 yr sentence each as with the 2nd degree and no one talking there is no evidence they did the dirty deed.

The law is pretty weak and lenient regarding so called life sentences. ONE man is killed = a maximum of 10 yrs for second degree murder. Now if we had more than one murdered and video evidence they would be sentence for each life. but in our legal system your life is worth 10 years behind bars if the killer did not plan on killing you.

Lets add kidnapping and forced confinement okay two more years.

You would think at the least a human life would be worth 40 years imprisonment, but no it is equal to that of drug dealers, and bank robbers.

Sorry Sleuth .. your statements simply are not factual. Murder is murder, whether first or second degree, both get life sentences of 25 years.

If kidnapping or forcible confinement are involved, then it is 1st degree murder with a life sentence of 25 years and parole cannot be applied for before those full 25 years are served.

Anyone convicted of 2nd degree murder still gets a life sentence of 25 years, just that the parole eligibility period is less than the 25 years .. a judge can set parole eligibility between 10 to 25 years.

Links to the relevant Criminal Code sections have been provided many times to support the above; perhaps a Wiki article might explain it in a more simplistic fashion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Canadian_law)

The mandatory sentence for any adult (or youth sentenced as an adult) convicted of murder in Canada is a life sentence, with various time periods before a person may apply for parole.[5] The ability to apply for parole does not mean parole is granted
<bbm>

An older Vancouver Sun article, but easy to understand for those who are not familiar with Canadian law:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=bc4804bd-660c-493d-aeb1-3474f182af18

Why on earth would a coroner's report take 6 - 8 months? WTHAY? Makes NO sense to me!

moo

They are saying that the coroner's report will be ready in 6-8 months. Not that the coroner's office will be working on the case for 6-8 months. It is my understanding that waiting for lab results in Ontario often take months. There are probably other pressing cases, ie. earlier court dates than this one. And really, in this case the cause of death isn't needed until closer to trial, if it's even needed at all. It's obvious TB was murdered.

They are saying that the coroner's report will be ready in 6-8 months. Not that the coroner's office will be working on the case for 6-8 months. It is my understanding that waiting for lab results in Ontario often take months. There are probably other pressing cases, ie. earlier court dates than this one. And really, in this case the cause of death isn't needed until closer to trial, if it's even needed at all. It's obvious TB was murdered.

Generally there are about 20 different screens for toxicology and then about 10-15 specific drug test that can be run.

All testing has to be done in an accredited, certified forensic lab, most countries have few, however Toronto has one in Downsview IIRC. It takes time to sequence DNA and then do DNA testing to determine certainty(not contaminated by lab folk etc.) Of course there is a huge backlog of evidence waiting to be tested also

After all the testing generally the forensic pathologist/ medical examiner/coroner/police investigation have to be reconciled. For example,
it a body had a gunshot wound to the head, the coroner,ME/pathologist might lean toward suicide but if the investigation indicated it happened during a robbery it would likely indicate(along with other evidence)murder during the act of robbery.

In summary it takes time to do the testing, evaluate the results and pull it all together to reach a positive conclusion(based on the test). All of this with a huge backlog of work on other ongoing cases.

Hope this helps us understand the delays.

All JMO

Thanks for the breakdown Archangel7.

Sadly, this is not the only case in need of investigating. In addition to the time that is required to get the findings and piece them together, the backlog just adds to the wait.

That's my point - things like a loser drug dealing 25 year old using the handle Say10 doesn't indicate satanism to me, just a juvenile attempt to be "dangerous".

I think a few avenues could be considered in this case. Personally I dont see a satanic connection. I see an evil one, but putting a satanic tag on it leaves me uninterested. Not all roads lead to Rome..... IMO

I think a few avenues could be considered in this case. Personally I dont see a satanic connection. I see an evil one, but putting a satanic tag on it leaves me uninterested. Not all roads lead to Rome..... IMO

Depends on what map you're viewing doesn't it?

Sorry Sleuth .. your statements simply are not factual. Murder is murder, whether first or second degree, both get life sentences of 25 years.

If kidnapping or forcible confinement are involved, then it is 1st degree murder with a life sentence of 25 years and parole cannot be applied for before those full 25 years are served.

Anyone convicted of 2nd degree murder still gets a life sentence of 25 years, just that the parole eligibility period is less than the 25 years .. a judge can set parole eligibility between 10 to 25 years.

Links to the relevant Criminal Code sections have been provided many times to support the above; perhaps a Wiki article might explain it in a more simplistic fashion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_(Canadian_law)

<bbm>

An older Vancouver Sun article, but easy to understand for those who are not familiar with Canadian law:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=bc4804bd-660c-493d-aeb1-3474f182af18

Seldom does 2nd degree get 25 years , even with the other charges ,seems the norm nowadays is like 10 yrs,you read this everyday in the papers, but i expect more charges on Aug 1st , possession stolen goods, causing indignity to a humun body( but i dont know if have to prove the 2 in custody did this ) .

As for 3rd suspect, there either isnt 1 or they truly dont know who their looking for ,or they kinda of know who 3 rd is but not enough on them to arrest ....

This case is bizarre beyond measure. No way, no how these two boys aren't connected to something bigger. It just doesn't make sense. If this was all child's play gone wrong then they're really f'd and completely without a shred of brainpower between the two of them.

moo

Who the Hay has an incinerator if they are not running a farm with livestock?

moo

They just found a really badly decomposed body , at the back of the binbrook conservation area , it was found on the small island which would need a boat to get to ,, ( their are no motorized boats allowed there ) canoe or inflatable . Ive fished there about 10 yrs ago, i went back there about 3 yrs ago , now theres a fence all around the rear of the property , but could pass small craft over fence ...There havnt been any missing persons as of late but by sounds of it body has been there for some time ....and they havnt said boy or girl or what lead them to find the body there of all places ,deserted area.....About 10-15 drive from Bosmas ,,,total country roads ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member