Update: Kronk once arrested on Kidnapping in the early 1990's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this just more GR/JB spin BS. The article on clickorlando referenced in this thread, clearly states that RK was cleared and record expunged, but he still reveled it to employer, etc. Sounds more like maybe his GF's new BF is the one who may have told police that RK kidnapped her because she left with RK, rather than the GF calling cops to say she had been kidnapped...

RK hero in my book.

Lord forbid someone doing a background check on all the posters here. I am sure THAT would be interesting.

:crazy: :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar: :crazy:

I respectfully disagree. It goes to his credibility. MR is part of this case. He is a witness. MR chose to bring this information to the media himself, therefore, it is my opinion that we can discuss the story here.

absolutely. It is so funny the double standard, (well not funny at all actually), the taboo about discussing anything that could remotely be exculpatory to KCA, while everyone else in the story is to be sainted-- taboo to so much as ask obvious, routine questions about them. Meanwhile, if KCA eats potato chips in prison, that's supposed to show that she's a remorseless murderer. Honestly. :waitasec:

Okay, this ties in to what I've been wondering. If the charges were dropped, why would his record need to be expunged? What would there be to expunge?

Maybe he didn't want the fact to be known publically that he was once accused & charged with kidnapping. Even though the charges were eventually dropped and the record was expunged, there would still be a public record of it for all to see. Imagine how that might complicate someone's life, especially in the job arena! Anyone can have access to this type of information; It's just a click away here in the state of Florida. It's all on line and public record. People look at public records for all sorts of reasons...some people are just nosey, some are doing background checks, etc. Once a record is expunged, the information disappears from public eye like it never even happened in the first place. This is just one of the many reasons I can think of as to why RK chose to have this record expunged. If I were in his shoes, I would have wanted the same thing. The charges against him were dropped. One must go before a judge in order to have a record expunged, and it is not something that is easily done or given in state of Florida.

I wonder how the powers that be would feel about hiring a person with kidnapping on their record to be a meter reader, going into people's back yards to read their meters, etc. (Then again, do I really think it would be checked? ehhh...)

absolutely. It is so funny the double standard, (well not funny at all actually), the taboo about discussing anything that could remotely be exculpatory to KCA, and everyone else in the story is to be sainted-- taboo to mention anything that could tarnish their image, or so much as ask questions. Meanwhile, if KCA eats potato chips in prison, that's supposed to show that she's a remorseless murderer. Honestly. :waitasec:

Right, not funny at all. There is no humor in this. RK did the right thing by being truthful and coming clean about his past, and his recent actions (calling LE on 4 different occassions). His actions led to finding precious little Caylee's remains. Without him, how much longer would her remains have laid out there in those lonely, wet, woods. Can we say that about KC? Sadly no. She wasn't truthful and didn't even bother to attempt to call LE - not even once.

I wonder how the power company would feel about hiring a person with kidnapping on their record to be a meter reader, going into people's back yards to read their meters, etc. (Then again, do I really think it would even be checked? ehhh...)

I'm sure they wouldn't hire a person who had a kidnapping record. RK didn't have one. And yes, I do believe the county would check.

I wonder how the power company would feel about hiring a person with kidnapping on their record to be a meter reader, going into people's back yards to read their meters, etc. (Then again, do I really think it would even be checked? ehhh...)

RK fully disclosed this information to Orange County prior to date of hire, even though he wasn't required too since it was expunged from his record. He made no attempt to hide the incident. I find that to be extremely commendable.

If your arrest record has been expunged that means that as judge has to sign the authority sheet telling the sheriffs office that this arrest record has to be removed from the arrest record report and when a background check is done on that person it is not on the background check I worked for the sherif'f's office and i know how this is done.

Didn't someone put this thread up earlier,and was deleted by one of the mods? Or am I going crazy?:waitasec:
Yes they did. Glad to know I'm not going totally crazy.

you'd think the fact that he was in a job capacity where he went into people's back yards in that neighborhood would be enough for routine investigation to be done on his vehicles, homes, etc with the cadaver dogs, etc. But no....
(I am talking about routine investigation for the purpose of ruling him out by the way, and am making no accusation against this man). This case continues to boggle the mind.

you'd think the fact that he was in a job capacity where he went into people's back yards in that neighborhood would be enough for routine investigation to be done on his vehicles, homes, etc with the cadaver dogs, etc. But no....(I'm talking about ROUTINE investigation to rule him out by the way, and am making no accusation against this man).
What makes you think they didn't investigate him?

Exactly!!
But I disagree that kidnapping charges could be as simple as taking her by the arm from the house to the yard. I believe the person has to be removed from their property... or if they are on public property, they would have had to be taken off that property, for it to be kidanpping. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.
And I have a question... if these charges were expunged from his record, did he volunteer this information? Or did LE dig it up somehow? I think LE has access to things we don't, but I'm wondering how they knew, because I heard something about a background check done.
I don't think he's involved other than he found the remains, so good on him!
I have a nephew who was arrested on those charges...he held his girlfriend against her will...wouldn't let her out of her bedroom in her house (her mom was downstairs). The police were called and he was charged and thrown into jail. We should never make light of crimes against women. I think the man is wonderful for finding Caylee, but a charge like this is serious.

I have a nephew who was arrested on those charges...he held his girlfriend against her will...wouldn't let her out of her bedroom in her house (her mom was downstairs). The police were called and he was charged and thrown into jail. We should never make light of crimes against women. I think the man is wonderful for finding Caylee, but a charge like this is serious.
You are SO right!! The fact that the charges were dropped doesn't mean nothing happened.

His previous arrests have nothing to do with him finding Caylee. I am glad he was in the woods and found her no matter what his reason was for being there, but I don't agree with putting every other person remotely involved in this case under a microscope except the person that seemed to know before anyone else that Caylee was in the woods. He is not above breaking the law. He was ARRESTED (not convicted) of kidnapping. He was also in a county vehicle when he pulled over to relieve himself in PUBLIC. Exposing your genitals in public is against the law.

He deserves no more or less scrutiny than anyone else. JMHO

If I missed anything, it's because I skipped to the end of the post.

His record was expunged and he was falsely accused. End of story.

(Do people even read the links provided in the first few posts or do they simply jump to baseless conclusions?? :bang:)

Please remove this highly inflammatory and libelous thread mods.

(Do people even read the links provided in the first few posts or do they simply jump to baseless conclusions?? :bang:)

Please remove this highly inflammatory and libelous thread mods.

You typed your own answer!!!
:applause::takeabow::bowdown:

Okay, this ties in to what I've been wondering. If the charges were dropped, why would his record need to be expunged? What would there be to expunge?

Records are expunged so there is no record of the arrest in your criminal file. Like the arrest never happened.

Without that, your criminal record would still show the arrest and the results- dropped charges, results of trial, etc.

And people are citing Florida law- his record was not expunged in Florida.

The story is, a girl he had been dating moved to another state with another man. She called RK to come get her from that other state and bring her home.

He did just that- and new boyfriend reported this as kidnapping.

Yes he was arrested but when the full story came out from girlfriend and RK, charges were dropped and record of arrest was expunged from his criminal record.

Records are expunged so there is no record of the arrest in your criminal file. Like the arrest never happened.

Without that, your criminal record would still show the arrest and the results- dropped charges, results of trial, etc.

The story is, a girl he had been dating moved to another state with another man. She called RK to come get her from that other state and bring her home.

Yes he was arrested but when the full story came out from girlfriend and RK, charges were dropped and record of arrest was expunged from his criminal record.

I had a hunch that this was exactly what happened. Poor guy is getting raked over the coals for nothing.

And GR saying last night that RK had "a rap sheet of his own". RK, you should sue his *advertiser censored**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46