Update(s) from Shayna (Jaycee's sister)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not exactly sure what it was that I said that makes you feel like this question is relevant to what I was talking about. :waitasec: I have not stated, nor "insisted" that the girls are victims of sexual abuse. I said they are victims of abuse and neglect, which they are.

Certainly what you are describing could be potentially harmful or distressful to the hypothetical child you describe in your question.

Flourish I am sorry if it came across as an accusation. It wasn't.

I was responding to this section of your post:

I hope that you can withhold your own judgment of those of us whose education and/or training influences our perspectives.

You seem sincerely concerned about the girls well being and indicate that you have education and/or training so I thought you might be able to answer my question. And thank you for doing that.

I, for one, would like to continue getting happy updates from those who know the girls. It's nice to hear not all is trauma in their lives. But, if I were Shayna and got wind of the fact that others were critiquing the way the girls and I interacted and ascribing possible signs of sexual abuse to a fun moment, I would surely not give permission for anything I said about their lives to be publicized again. You would hear not one more word about them from me. With that, I'm done.

Flourish I am sorry if it came across as an accusation. It wasn't.

I was responding to this section of your post:

You seem sincerely concerned about the girls well being and indicate that you have education and/or training so I thought you might be able to answer my question. And thank you for doing that.

Thank you...feeling a little defensive today and definitely too tired to think let alone express myself anymore :angel:

I do think we all agree that it is wonderful that all the Dugard girls are in their rightful place in a safe environment:)
Goodnight:)

when my cousions and i were about 14 or 15 we'd play wrestle in my grandpas basement. it was just kids being kids......nothing unusual. that beign said we dont know what the case is here. that's what the therapist and the girls will find out.

Hey Songline! She hasn't posted anything new yet. I will share when she does, both to say "Hey, Shayna posted a new update if you want to go to her page to read it with your own eyes!" and to post it here for everyone else who trusts that I copy and paste it here in it's original form.
I do not have an account at myspace, you are doing a good job finding good news. I will count on you to continue. :)

OFF TOPIC - just a tidbit.... :)
The name Shayna is given to many Jewish girls.
SHAYNA means BEAUTIFUL
I think her parents picked a great name for her.
she is the beautiful loving Siste/Aunt.

Hey Songline! She hasn't posted anything new yet. I will share when she does, both to say "Hey, Shayna posted a new update if you want to go to her page to read it with your own eyes!" and to post it here for everyone else who trusts that I copy and paste it here in it's original form.

I do not have an account at myspace, you are doing a good job finding good news. I will count on you to continue. :)

Thanks, Songline. I'm glad you didn't take my post wrong because when I re-read it today it sounds a bit snarky to me, lol. I was feeling a bit touchy myself after having to justify for xin why this thread serves a purpose for our friends here at WS. :crazy:

Shayna went almost 2 weeks between her last post and this recent message so it will probably be a few days or week until she provides another update.

I'm looking forward to the website she is working on since that is a link she will probably want promoted!

When was this blog started? I'm not sure that posting too many things about the girls is good for any trials coming up and wonder what is being advised about that. You'd think they'd save any information for maybe later interviews with trusted media. There's so many weirdos on the internet it just seems a little odd to put out information about all three girls since the family is said to be in hiding. Maybe since the sister S. is still considered a teen that she isn't aware, But to be adding friends at all that she just doesn't know personally seems like a really bad idea. Maybe her mom doesn't know she's doing it?

When was this blog started? I'm not sure that posting too many things about the girls is good for any trials coming up and wonder what is being advised about that. You'd think they'd save any information for maybe later interviews with trusted media. There's so many weirdos on the internet it just seems a little odd to put out information about all three girls since the family is said to be in hiding. Maybe since the sister S. is still considered a teen that she isn't aware, But to be adding friends at all that she just doesn't know personally seems like a really bad idea. Maybe her mom doesn't know she's doing it?
I am getting annoyed already....What are the weirdos going to do with a little tidbit about them restyling??:waitasec:
Shayna seems to have her head on straight.
she is not saying anything that can harm anyone.
I am sure she has guidance too about what she can and can not say.
She does not need any instruction from us.

I want more GOOD NEWS. IT CAN NOT HARM ANYONE.
We sure had plenty of bad news in this saga.

ENOUGH WITH THE It's a bad idea.....:furious:
CALIFORNIA give me more :woohoo:

I am getting annoyed already....What are the weirdos going to do with a little tidbit about them restyling??:waitasec:
Shayna seems to have her head on straight.
she is not saying anything that can harm anyone.
I am sure she has guidance too about what she can and can not say.
She does not need any instruction from us.

I want more GOOD NEWS. IT CAN NOT HARM ANYONE.
We sure had plenty of bad news in this saga.

ENOUGH WITH THE It's a bad idea.....:furious:
CALIFORNIA give me more :woohoo:
absolutely. live for updates about how the family is doing
far less upsetting then the updates on the bones in the backyard or the police incompetence........

Have you read this thread, txsvicki? It reveals that the little updates we've shared are from her MySpace, not from a "blog." This young adult isn't writing on the internet every single day revealing every single detail of their reunion. She just made a few minimally worded comments to bring a bit of comfort to those wondering how things are going. Obviously she chose her words carefully and she is not doing this without the knowledge of her mom or those around her.

She also advised that she is creating a website (something to do with pictures of pink bows, that is all we know about it at this point) and that she has been responsible about getting clearances for said website, i.e. she said "I have to sort out some legal stuff" and "The site is set up and perfect looking but I have had some crazy ups and downs with it, and certain sections of it getting approved by the right people. I had a lot of talking to do and they all agree now that it will be awesome." So again, SHE IS NOT POSTING ANYTHING WITHOUT APPROVAL.

Common sense tells me the website she is working on is her conduit in dealing with things, it is one of her ways to help, and she is going about it very responsibly. Why must everything be viewed so negatively?

One thing I agree with you on is that there are many weirdos on the internet. That is one of the reasons I didn't post the link to give "one click" access to someone with malicious intents. I'm not saying there are weirdos on WS, but the messages on this site seem to get absorbed into Google search very quickly and that is what I am cautious about, FWIW and IMHO and every other disclaimer. Weirdos will find it if they want to, but I'm not making it easier for them to do so (which is why I haven't repeated her name in this message).

shayna seems like a very smart young woman.
i cant imagine what it's like to get the sister you never knew (and jaycee only knew you as a baby/toddler) back after 18 years. lots of catching up to do.......lots of sister stuff to do when not sorting out the issues lol

Have you read this thread, txsvicki? It reveals that the little updates we've shared are from her MySpace, not from a "blog." This young adult isn't writing on the internet every single day revealing every single detail of their reunion. She just made a few minimally worded comments to bring a bit of comfort to those wondering how things are going. Obviously she chose her words carefully and she is not doing this without the knowledge of her mom or those around her.

She also advised that she is creating a website (something to do with pictures of pink bows, that is all we know about it at this point) and that she has been responsible about getting clearances for said website, i.e. she said "I have to sort out some legal stuff" and "The site is set up and perfect looking but I have had some crazy ups and downs with it, and certain sections of it getting approved by the right people. I had a lot of talking to do and they all agree now that it will be awesome." So again, SHE IS NOT POSTING ANYTHING WITHOUT APPROVAL.

Common sense tells me the website she is working on is her conduit in dealing with things, it is one of her ways to help, and she is going about it very responsibly. Why must everything be viewed so negatively?

One thing I agree with you on is that there are many weirdos on the internet. That is one of the reasons I didn't post the link to give "one click" access to someone with malicious intents. I'm not saying there are weirdos on WS, but the messages on this site seem to get absorbed into Google search very quickly and that is what I am cautious about, FWIW and IMHO and every other disclaimer. Weirdos will find it if they want to, but I'm not making it easier for them to do so (which is why I haven't repeated her name in this message).

I believe I've gotten the blog straight. I thought it was just the sister's blog, but see that it was set up to announce the donation address and other activities that will help, and is being handled by S. There have been lots of friends added it seems. Some seem to know the family, some not known, and even some from other countries. Is not being able to see the bulletin unless a friend just a Myspace thing? The link to the site is on the donation thread. Sorry to have offended a few this afternoon.

Is that really her? If so, she should shut down her comments quickly. Even when "private," that stuff gets out. Also, I don't think we should be reading these comments, if it's her, since it seems so voyeuristic, invasive.

Its not ok for her to post things about her life and how much fun she is having being a aunt and all that stuff but its ok for everyone to talk about jaycee and what they've read and her bio dad?

Rediculous, if she wants to post things about her day let her be!

this is a very pretty song, it was posted on myspace
i have never heard it before it was recorded in 1992
http://jayceeleesong.com/lyrics.htm

( i had to listen to once the whole way through it did keep stopping, but after it plays through once, it fixes it)

I was just looking through archived videos and this put a smile on my face.
About half way through is Shayna (then 4 years old) telling everyone what to do to sex predators.

VIDEO - 1994: Probyns Attend Rally to Keep Sex Predators Behind Bars: Karen Massie's Report; 01/04/94

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=80949

I was just looking through archived videos and this put a smile on my face.
About half way through is Shayna (then 4 years old) telling everyone what to do to sex predators.

VIDEO - 1994: Probyns Attend Rally to Keep Sex Predators Behind Bars: Karen Massie's Report; 01/04/94

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=80949

She was so cute, but it is so tragic how Jaycee's kidnapping affected her entire life.

And look at that rally and nothing much has changed. People passionately complain and sex offenders just keep getting out and reoffending. :furious:

She was so cute, but it is so tragic how Jaycee's kidnapping affected her entire life.

And look at that rally and nothing much has changed. People passionately complain and sex offenders just keep getting out and reoffending. :furious:

and to think her parents woud break up in about a year after this rally. so really her troubles were just starting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shannyp
Back