US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Attendees has to pass through magnetometers and have their bags checked by hand

Trump may no longer be president, but he is surrounded by a security cordon that assumes he remains at high risk.

There is no background screening for events where tens of thousands may attend.

But all rallygoers are screened at the entrances for weapons, projectiles or anything else that could cause a threat. Secret Service agents, often aided by local law enforcement agencies and even the TSA, operate airport-style magnetometers.

Pockets have to be emptied, hats removed. Bags are searched by hand.

Sniffer dogs nose through cases of media gear and journalists' laptop bags.

The list of prohibited items is long: From fireworks and firearms to coolers and e-cigarettes. Pretty much anything that could be blown up, thrown or used as a weapon.

It appeared to me that the bleeding from his ear came from being tackled by officers seeking to protect him. If there was a shooter close enough to hit him, we would be receiving reports that the shooter was gang tackled by people in the crowd. I am reserving judgment, but my guess is that some kid set off a string of firecrackers and the Secret Service responded as we would expect. I would hate to see more political violence in our country, so I'm hoping it's something else.

But if they didn't know about the shooter, how could be sure there wasn't another? But, he did make it off safely so it's a moot point anyway. Just looked like they allowed him to be in a vulnerable position during a chaotic situation.

jmo
On CNN, they’re breaking down exactly how they all moved in the aftermath. Every team member and their role. The counter assault team was surrounding the secret service team.

A former Trump campaign advisor says on CNN that someone he spoke to said it sounded like a small caliber weapon, and that at least two other people had been hit, including someone shot in the head.

It sounded like a 22 to me, which would be the easiest type of weapon to sneak in.

It’s tough to tell based on the location on the microphones though, so who knows.
My God, he could have been assassinated in front of the whole world!! Did you hear Trump say "hold on, let me get my shoes"? One of the SS agents said "we've got you Sir, we have to move".

It appeared to me that the bleeding from his ear came from being tackled by officers seeking to protect him. If there was a shooter close enough to hit him, we would be receiving reports that the shooter was gang tackled by people in the crowd. I am reserving judgment, but my guess is that some kid set off a string of firecrackers and the Secret Service responded as we would expect. I would hate to see more political violence in our country, so I'm hoping it's something else.
He grabs his ear before SS touches him. Theres also a confirmed fatality.

John Miller is speculating that the shooter was perhaps outside the perimeter, maybe armed with a long gun. Nothing is official though, and this information has a habit of changing.

It makes a bit more sense than someone sneaking a gun in.

If you watch the video linked above you can see President Trump put his hand to his right ear after the shots were fired and before the SS agents got on top of him. JMO.

But if they didn't know about the shooter, how could be sure there wasn't another? But, he did make it off safely so it's a moot point anyway. Just looked like they allowed him to be in a vulnerable position during a chaotic situation.

jmo
Personal opinion. Donald Trump was going to show everyone he was OK and he hadn't been stopped. I don't think anyone could have stopped him from doing so. Showing he's still strong. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post and respons removed>

I'm not a fan of Trump but violence towards politicians is NOT acceptable. There have been a few instances recently in France and Germany. Worrying. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place