Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting that when he drinks alcohol he claims he has "black outs" and does bad things. Yet, he could instruct his attorney how to go directly to Lizzy's body... so well hidden that she was missed during an earlier LE search. Apparently he suffers from very selective black out episodes.
Yup -- a popular line, borrowed it from Mollie Tibbett's alleged murderer.

Isn't it interesting that when he drinks alcohol he claims he has "black outs" and does bad things. Yet, he could instruct his attorney how to go directly to Lizzy's body... so well hidden that she was missed during an earlier LE search. Apparently he suffers from very selective black out episodes.

Right? And he loses his ‘blackout’ excuse by disclosing her location.

I'm not a lawyer or psychiatrist but I'm pretty sure he can't plead insanity because of all his efforts to cover up his crime. By definition, a person is legally insane if criminal conduct was a result of severe mental disease or defect, so that the person did not know that his conduct was wrong.
I don't think an insanity plea will be accepted but it doesn't stop his lawyer from filing.

The lawyer stated in this interview that he believed mental illness is involved and he told the reporter that he expects AW to go through a lot of mental evaluations.

So here it begins. Let's hope this case doesn't drag out for years as have others. The family doesn't deserve the agony it causes.

He def’ wants to stifle any premeditation talk. Lol
An attys has no idea what AW was thinking when he went to the home.

Actually, I think it’s a moot point, in Utah. They don’t have degrees of murder—they have murder and aggravated murder—and her death clearly falls under ‘aggravated murder.’

MOO, of course.

I think it's possible Lizzy had no bedroom of her own and slept in a more common space, just outside the mother's bedroom door. If I remember right that was also the circumstance with little Shaylyn Ammerman. I think her crib was in the common area of the home as there were more people living there than bedrooms.
Like in a hallway?

How far in advance is premeditation? The knife was from his sisters kitchen, so weapon of opportunity. But at the same time he took the knife from the kitchen before leaving the house so he planned that. (Not sure if I’m making sense here)

It’s a moot point under Utah law—there, he qualifies for the death penalty for murdering a five year old.

But—in the states that refer to premeditation, it takes very little time. No ‘planning’ time is required. Say silently to yourself: “If he/she were dead, they couldn’t call the cops.” Two seconds? That’s all that’s needed for premeditation.

You’re definitely right that taking her alive out of the house, and taking the knife out of the kitchen, would be more than enough

MOO of course.

I think it's possible Lizzy had no bedroom of her own and slept in a more common space, just outside the mother's bedroom door. If I remember right that was also the circumstance with little Shaylyn Ammerman. I think her crib was in the common area of the home as there were more people living there than bedrooms.

Many old houses have a walk through bedroom. In other words, you walk through a bedroom to get to the master bedroom. This is particularly true in two level houses. The older children sleep on the second floor. And the youngest sleep in the walk through room near mom and dad. You have yo remember there wasn't any baby intercoms back then. Also, no hallways was a better use of space.

Sorry for the long run on explanation. Old houses are an obsession of mine.

Many old houses have a walk through bedroom. In other words, you walk through a bedroom to get to the master bedroom. This is particularly true in two level houses. The older children sleep on the second floor. And the youngest sleep in the walk through room near mom and dad. You have yo remember there wasn't any baby intercoms back then. Also, no hallways was a better use of space.

Sorry for the long run on explanation. Old houses are an obsession of mine.
I grew up in one. My bedroom was the walk-through. MOO

Ugh, heartbreaking, but I knew in my gut from the first post, that this is where we were headed. :( I don't understand. I don't understand blaming drugs, alcohol, blackouts. . . . I mostly keep company with healthy/wholesome people but I've known a couple of alcoholics, and one drug addict/alcoholic. They had plenty of blackouts. They have to date, never murdered anyone, let alone a small, helpless child.

He is a monster. There is no excuse for his behavior, his murder of this child. I don't care about any of his possible defenses - low IQ. Addiction. Bad childhood. *rolls eyes* Ok I'll need to stay quiet - but - while I'm proud that WS is a victim friendly site - this particular monster is not a victim. So I think I can say that I hope he receives a punishment that is sufficient to his monstrous actions. A little tiny girl. I have two daughters. I can't imagine staying out of prison if anyone had done something even close like this, to one of my beloved daughters. I'd be locked up, for sure - for assault of a monster.
Well said.

Their version is that mother went to bed first and the boyfriend followed a bit later and they slept. Both left Alex to crash on the couch. Poor family. They were just being nice to him.

Yes, it's like the murderer to cast blame on the family !
Just like he 'repaid' them for their kindness to such a loser.

So sad for what that community is going through, as well.
Doubtless there are many who are as horrified as we are here at WS.

I grew up in one. My bedroom was the walk-through. MOO

Shot gun houses are like this. No hallway. You usually walk through a living room, kitchen, bedroom, maybe another bedroom, bathroom and out the backdoor. I owned one that was only one bedroom, built in 1904. It was so gothic and moody. I loved that house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe