Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t looked at sentencing guidelines but LWOP sounds great.
He’s a menace to society, his previous crimes though not serious, reveal he has zero regard for the law, preferring to walk on the other side of it.
So, a 70sq ft box with stainless steel appliances, provided by Utah is all he deserves, imo.
DP is what he deserves. IMO.

I want to clarify about the insanity defense discussions going on. It is SO hard to successfully lodge one of these defenses. His actions surrounding the murder alone make it very unlikely he could win on such a defense. Further, there will have to be a vast amount of expertise that also determines he is insane, which he is not. I wouldn’t be surprised if the defense posits this as their tactic; what other option has he given them? They know he did it so it won’t be a “who done it” type of defense. Rather, it’ll be “yes he did, but here’s why he’s insane and not culpable”. But in my professional opinion (I’m a prosecutor), it won’t work. He’s not insane, he’s just evil.

All good points.

Less than 1% of criminal defendants put forth an insanity defense and only 25% of those are successful.

Alex’s chances of succeeding are slim to none...and Slim just left the building. moo

Yes, there is evil in the world, true evil - always has been, always will be. There were untold times in history when some ruler or general wiped out entire cities, men, women and children.

There is hate in the world, there is envy, every evil that can be conceived of, children going to bed hungry, old people being abused by the young. There is evil in the world.

The only way I can conceive of helping with this - there is no stopping - is to love your families, your neighbors next door, your friends and keeping a careful watch over them. At other times, other places those who used/sold drugs were put to death. They bore the brunt, not our helpless ones. At other times/places those who tortured, raped, murdered were put to death. Today...not so much. We need to stop being such bleeding hearts, look evil in the face, no matter whose face it is, and say NO. Never mind being pc or giving another chance. Protect the ones you love, you only have them once.

They can try, fat chance, I agree.

I think JP's defense attorneys were really hemmed in without much leeway in what they could do, he had confessed, wanted to plead guilty, etc.

I guess it was creative if nothing else lol.
Has it been mentioned why he didn't just get contact lenses? I couldn't believe it when JP's attorney said that...

I do feel at this point he would go to Trial yet a part of me wonders if he wants exactly what he did to Lizzy become part of another "deal"
They probably will have enough information from the autopsy results to know exactly what he did without him having to say a word.
He still may want to tell his story, though. I hope he just pleads guilty.

They probably will have enough information from the autopsy results to know exactly what he did without him having to say a word.

I think Alex & many other young men would reap benefit from 3-5 year prison sentences rather than probation for lesser offenses. 3-5 with mandatory program participation such as substance abuse & anger management. Scare these guys straight when they steal cars, beat their SO, lead LE on high speed chases, etc. don’t slap their hands & send them back on the streets. 3-5 years in state prison might be enough to show a few of them they need to change. 3-5 is not that long, they can get a job skill & learn discipline & respect, two things many lack, imo.
Recidivism rates will not improve if there’s nothing to deter these guys. They go from one crime to the next.

I want to clarify about the insanity defense discussions going on. It is SO hard to successfully lodge one of these defenses. His actions surrounding the murder alone make it very unlikely he could win on such a defense. Further, there will have to be a vast amount of expertise that also determines he is insane, which he is not. I wouldn’t be surprised if the defense posits this as their tactic; what other option has he given them? They know he did it so it won’t be a “who done it” type of defense. Rather, it’ll be “yes he did, but here’s why he’s insane and not culpable”. But in my professional opinion (I’m a prosecutor), it won’t work. He’s not insane, he’s just evil.

I believe the Otty Sanchez case- lady that dismembered her infant son Scotty, used the insanity defense and is in a psych facility because she was found to be insane at the time the crime occurred by 3 differenr doctors, but her story is: she woke her sister up screaming and saying the devil made her do it, something to that effect and she had to kill him. She had started mutilating her 3 day old son and eating his brain & screaming hysterically while her sister was on the phone with 911 and eventually sat on the couch to wait for police (if i remember the call correctly) bc her sister told her to. As horrendous as this case was and as awful as I felt for the baby & her sister I do believe she was genuinely insane and had a prior history of failed psych treatment. And I am sure my details are a bit off. The Alex Whipple defense IMOO is NOT an insanity case Heck NO I agree 100%.
(The 911 call was absolutely heartbreaking and evidence to her insanity. IMOO I cried for the 3 day old baby, her sister and the woman)

Her mother will no doubt live with the guilt of inviting evil into her home. That is a pain that never goes away and will never heal.

My own mother still, 40 + years later, is devastated that her father (my grandfather) molested me when she left me with my grandparents while she went to therapy after my father passed away.

That being said, please please please, I beg of all of you not to make this same mistake. Nobody wants to believe their own family would hurt their child. Call it denial, call it whatever. We have to do better to protect our kids. If Lizzys story can help just one sister, brother, mother, or father realize that evil is sometimes closer than we want to believe it is. Keep anyone with alcohol, substance abuse, violent behaviors, history of abuse, etc. away from our children. That’s it, bottom line, they lose the honor of being in the presence of the most susceptible members of our family.

I can only imagine what is going through her mothers mind. Anything a bunch of strangers on the internet say will never compare to the guilt she will carry with her the rest of her days.
I can't imagine to the pain,and horror she's feeling. I hope she feels the love, and compassion from around the world to help her through.
Here's a (HUG)and long distance shoulder to cry on. For whenever,wherever she needs.

I think he will cave and plead guilty. JMO

ETA I’m basing my opinion on what his attorney has reported AW’s emotional state to be. I’m not the least bit sympathetic to his condition, but I am taking it into account as to his wanting to avoid a trail. Again, JMO at this point.

Attorney speaks after client leads police to body of missing Logan 5-year-old girl

Last edited:
Exactly. They will likely have enough info. I do wonder tho if there is enough horrifying results and evidence of a SA will he try to make a deal? I will plead and spare a Trial "If" forensic results are kept sealed???

We need to stop being such bleeding hearts, look evil in the face, no matter whose face it is, and say NO.

Exactly, in just the last few weeks AJ, Maleah & now Lizzy all brutally murdered, two cases DCFS heavily involved yet allowed the kids to remain in very troubled homes & here we have a guy that could have already been picked up for
probation violations.

Speculating here and we will never know the full truth but I am guessing Alex has quite the juvenile record & any authoritative figure dealing with him knew exactly where he was headed. Maybe they didn’t know what would eventually land him behind bars but I’m sure they are not surprised at only 21 he’s managed to pull off a horrific crime. Moo

My thoughts and prayers are with the medical examiner today. It just has to be the worst part of the job to have to perform an autopsy on a murdered child :(.

Even as a very young child, I remember my uncle who owned a mortuary and was also the county coroner. He drank, a lot. And it most often occurred after a rough case.

My thoughts are with everyone who was involved in the search, and especially those who were involved in yesterday’s recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth