GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't even think about that. Sad if she were motivated to protect her daughter's boyfriend over her grandson / adopted son and his girlfriend / fiancée.

ITA. It makes this crime more sad and sinister than it already is. I would Love To Get A Look At Their Criminal Records. There Goes My Tablet Again Putting Caps In

Trying to see if I have Riley's family and living situations properly understood:

Breezy and Riley lived together with Riley's Father in Eureka, UT(unsure from reports if this is bio father or his bio grandfather/adoptive father)

At another house in Eureka (where search warrant was executed) resided:
Mistee (Riley's bio mother) + boyfriend (who declined to meet with police)
Linda Powell (Riley's adoptive mother/bio grandmother) + her boyfriend (Clubby?)

And thus far I have not seen information about Breezy's family besides her aunt who is maintaining the facebook missing page and seems to be the spokesperson for Breezy's family. And thus far no one related to Breezy were in the groups who last saw the two teenagers.

Please feel free to correct anything I wrote above!

Dear God, this is as confusing as an episode of Soap (crazy show from the 70's). Wow. Or even one of Chrissy's (Three's Company) spiels about her mother's best friend's father-in-law's cousin who was a friend of the preacher's wife's brother..........

On January 16, police searched the home where Powell's mother Mistie Carlson lives with her boyfriend Lee Shepherd, her mother, Linda Powell, and her mother's boyfriend William 'Clubby' Larson after being alerted to them by a neighbor.

Details of that search became public on Monday when the search warrant obtained by police beforehand was unsealed in court.

The neighbor said they had seen Shepherd towing a car similar to the one Riley often drove on January 2, the day they were reported missing.

Police seized several items of property including a camouflage tie strap which they described as being 'identical' to one found in the driver's seat of the teenager's abandoned car.

Slash marks on their tires also appeared to have been made deliberately, police said. There was no tear in the side wall that would indicate that the tires where moving when punctured.'

The items they seized included drug paraphernalia and letters addressed to Riley's mother.

Riley's mother, grandmother and her boyfriend all gave voluntary interviews on January 15 but Shepherd, his step-father, refused to speak to police and instead left the house to go into a trailer on the property.

During her interview, Riley's mother Mistie said she had been at home on New Year's Eve with the rest of the family at a party.

Clubby, her mother's boyfriend, said she was not there at all and another guest who attended the event made no mention of her being there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5358627/Missing-Utah-teens-murdered.html

Reading this- I think it really stinks that the media would report that it was a neighbor who reported this information to the police- especially with these nutbags for neighbors! Why would you potentially endanger the neighbors like that? Why not just say someone called in an anonymous tip and protect the neighbor?

I feel sick because I really thought from the beginning this was close to home, familial, like it is turning out to be... I'm not saying this to be right but because I want to know what led me to think that right away... idk...

These 2 kids, just gone... And I usually have so much sympathy and compassion for those who knew and loved our victims, who have to live on without their someone... which is usually the family, the parents... but here...

ugh, so so sad. So very sorry for you kids... For all you will miss out on, for all the potential you had, for the joy you won't experience, the pains that will tear you down and build you back up, the memories you won't get to make... so very sorry that you were let down by someone(s) that must have cared for you at some point, in some way, some how...

Hadn't seen this thread before but quickly got sucked in today and couldn't read all the pages fast enough. (Also, was confused with all the key players/family and nicknames etc but apparently I wasn't alone there! :wink:

Very sad. I'm very, very curious about those two pieces of mail with nothing but two blank papers in each of them. I wonder if that was new mail or mail that had already been opened....

Interview with Rileys grandpa/adoptive father.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) - Mistie Carlson lost custody of her three children, including Riley Powell.

Powell, along with Breezy Otteson were reported missing in early January. To date, they have yet to be found.

William Powell is holding out hope that they will be found. He's not sure if they are alive.

"We want to bring them home," said Powell.

He is Riley's adopted father.
"Linda (Powell) and I got married to keep the kids together," said William Powell
More at link:
http://www.good4utah.com/news/new-s...ng-teen-case-seeks-info-from-couple/958433331

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) - Mistie Carlson lost custody of her three children, including Riley Powell.

Powell, along with Breezy Otteson were reported missing in early January. To date, they have yet to be found.

William Powell is holding out hope that they will be found. He's not sure if they are alive.

"Linda (Powell) and I got married to keep the kids together," said William Powell
More at link:
http://www.good4utah.com/news/new-s...ng-teen-case-seeks-info-from-couple/958433331

So this is the step-granddaddy/daddy- the only one that genuinely gives a damn about these kids since the beginning of this case?

So this is the step-granddaddy/daddy- the only one that genuinely gives a damn about these kids since the beginning of this case?

Yes. And I believe, who Riley and Breezy lived with in Eureka.

"We had the Rocky Mountain Rescue cadaver dogs help search the residence. According to their report, the dogs showed a lot of interest in (the boyfriend's) truck that was seen towing Riley’s jeep but were unable to pinpoint where the odor was coming from. We then impounded (the) blue Chevy as evidence," the warrant states.

All of the search warrants unsealed as of Wednesday characterize the boyfriend of Powell's mother as being uncooperative with police. One witness further told investigators that he "has been acting weird ever since law enforcement impounded his vehicle," the warrant states.

Powell's mother, boyfriend and Powell's grandmother went to Wendover while their property was searched, according to the affidavit. The mother was later admitted to University Hospital, the warrant says.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46255971&n...n-vehicle-in-search-for-missing-eureka-couple

So is it Mistie that attempted suicide? Or Mistie's boyfriend? Or nobody?
Guessing Mistie since she was admitted to the hospital.

Yes. And I believe, who Riley and Breezy lived with in Eureka.

God Bless him. The rest on the other hand.......you can finish the rest of my not so nice comment I have for these sickos.

"We had the Rocky Mountain Rescue cadaver dogs help search the residence. According to their report, the dogs showed a lot of interest in (the boyfriend's) truck that was seen towing Riley’s jeep but were unable to pinpoint where the odor was coming from. We then impounded (the) blue Chevy as evidence," the warrant states.

All of the search warrants unsealed as of Wednesday characterize the boyfriend of Powell's mother as being uncooperative with police. One witness further told investigators that he "has been acting weird ever since law enforcement impounded his vehicle," the warrant states.

Powell's mother, boyfriend and Powell's grandmother went to Wendover while their property was searched, according to the affidavit. The mother was later admitted to University Hospital, the warrant says.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46255971&n...n-vehicle-in-search-for-missing-eureka-couple

Mistie. I am getting the impression that Mistie has been unstable since... forever maybe. Which explains why Linda and Bill adopted the kids once upon a time. MOO [emoji202]

More at link:

BBM. I didn't know I could still be surprised about anything regarding the family relationships involved, but I'm surprised that this was the sequence of events (that he and Linda were married once Mistie decided -- or was forced to -- give up parental rights). I wonder if Carlson is Linda's maiden name. It's sad that Random Guy decided to raise Riley and his siblings and seems to have been the most stable parent they had. (Don't tell me otherwise tonight!).

Both these kids had traumatic family lives but were planning to make their own lives together. I'm so sad they didn't get the chance to do so.

Reading this- I think it really stinks that the media would report that it was a neighbor who reported this information to the police- especially with these nutbags for neighbors! Why would you potentially endanger the neighbors like that? Why not just say someone called in an anonymous tip and protect the neighbor?

100% they are under observation, any reason to bring someone in would help.

ITA. It makes this crime more sad and sinister than it already is. I would Love To Get A Look At Their Criminal Records. There Goes My Tablet Again Putting Caps In

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm pretty sure this isn't complete, but it's a start. If people look elsewhere, keep in mind that "Mistie Maree" isn't always spelled the way her name is spelled.

Utah public records - link: http://www.utahsright.com/charges.php?first=mistie&last=carlson&search=1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.05.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.05.15 PM.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 960
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.08.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.08.25 PM.png
    21 KB · Views: 940

This script is way to familiar...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TacoPanda