UT - Colin “CJ" Haynie ,16, kills mom and 3 siblings, Grantsville, 17 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Colin Jeffery Haynie, 19, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to the quadruple murder of his 52-year-old mother, Alejandra Haynie and his siblings 12-year-old Maylan, 17-year-old Alexis, and 15-year-old Mathew Haynie at the family home in Grantsville, Utah in July 2020, the Tooele County District Attorney’s Office said. He also pleaded guilty to the attempted murder of his father, Colin Haynie Sr. He was 16 at the time of the massacre.
Teen Pleads Guilty To 2020 Family Massacre Of Mom, Three Siblings | Oxygen Official Site

Has anyone heard anything about WHY he did this?, what was he like generally?, was he considered disturbed, odd, a loner etc?, any of the things we usually hear in these situations?. Did he have friends, a girlfriend/boyfriend?, did he get on well with his siblings?, with his mother?, was he on drugs?, prescribed medication?, where did he get the gun?, did he use a silencer?, so many questions that usually can be answered with a little dig around social media but I can't find anything now.

These things never make sense of course,but there is always a reason. People don't just suddenly wake up one day and decide to wipe out their whole family,and the sitting with the dead bodies of your mother and siblings lying in wait for the next victim for hours? What was going on in this boys life?

Information here about possible "reasons" this tragedy occurred.

'Not a lost cause': Neighbors, attorney seek leniency for Utah man who killed mom, 3 siblings​

"Jeffrey is not a lost cause. He is not incorrigible," Haynie's attorney, Richard A. Van Wagoner, said in a letter submitted to the court Monday in preparation for Wednesday's sentencing.

Haynie faces a mandatory sentence of 25 years to life in prison for each of the five counts he was convicted. The issue facing the judge is whether to order those sentences to run consecutively or concurrently.

Despite being charged as an adult, Haynie, who turned 20 last week, has been housed for the past 3 1/2 years at the Salt Lake Valley Youth Center. Van Wagoner says being there has greatly benefited his client's development.

"As a young teen with impoverished social skills and abilities, a speech impediment, an anxiety disorder, significantly delayed education, and a life of relative isolation, Jeffrey responded to and embraced (Utah's Juvenile Justice and Youth Services) structure, resources, and programs, administered by a committed and caring staff, in the most positive ways," the attorney's letter states. "Jeffrey has become a prime example of the neurological development that can come during formative years, particularly in the areas of self-reflection, insight, empathy, personal responsibility, coping abilities, education and social skills."

Same article updated:

100-year sentence ordered for Utah teen who killed family​

Colin Jeffery "CJ" Haynie, who turned 20 last week, was sentenced to at least 100 years in prison. Third District Judge Teresa Welch ordered him to serve four consecutive sentences of 25 years to life for each of the four murders. He was also sentenced to a concurrent term of 25 years to life for the attempted murder of his father, Colin Haynie.

Prosecutor Scott Broadhead said Haynie was angry at his father because of arguments they'd had, but the teen had "good" and "healthy" relationships with his siblings.

"I thought if I killed my dad, everyone would turn against me, so I made a selfish decision to kill them all," Haynie said, according to a pre-sentence investigation report.

:mad::mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back