Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
For thirteen years I lived next to Grantsville in Tooele. So I know people who know people and watched this play out last night on social media. I know more than what LE and MSM is releasing at this time. But I don't want to say anything to hurt the investigation. And a lot of info is consistent, but from SM. I feel like I am rambling.

Also, my son grew up there and is currently working around the corner from this house.

I will say it is odd though that the shooter rode to the hospital with his father and a third person. He shoots his family, the rides to the hospital with his dad?

My heart is aching for this family and community.

Police confirm: Three children, one adult dead in Grantsville shooting
GRANTSVILLE, Utah — Police are investigating a shooting in Grantsville that left four people dead and one injured Friday night.

Police say the shooting occurred at about 7 p.m. on Eastmoor between Main Street and 130 South.

They were told there might be bodies inside the home when they arrived. Once they were on scene, they found the four deceased, including three juveniles and an adult female.

The fifth individual who was shot — an adult male — was taken to the hospital by another party. His condition was not immediately reported, but we have learned he is in stable condition an is expected to recover.

I've been searching for this here all afternoon but was using incorrect parameters. TYSM @SuziQ for posting and yes I've been reading a lot of consistent reliable information.

Horrifying case on so many levels.
My heart and prayers with the Father and his oldest son.
MOO

Following this one -- it's not gonna be simple, IMHO. Such a tragedy for so many people. I imagine relatives, friends and neighbors are dumbstruck. And certainly the young man in custody is suffering, too.

For thirteen years I lived next to Grantsville in Tooele. So I know people who know people and watched this play out last night on social media. I know more than what LE and MSM is releasing at this time. But I don't want to say anything to hurt the investigation. And a lot of info is consistent, but from SM. I feel like I am rambling.

Also, my son grew up there and is currently working around the corner from this house.

I will say it is odd though that the shooter rode to the hospital with his father and a third person. He shoots his family, the rides to the hospital with his dad?

My heart is aching for this family and community.

Police confirm: Three children, one adult dead in Grantsville shooting
GRANTSVILLE, Utah — Police are investigating a shooting in Grantsville that left four people dead and one injured Friday night.

Police say the shooting occurred at about 7 p.m. on Eastmoor between Main Street and 130 South.

They were told there might be bodies inside the home when they arrived. Once they were on scene, they found the four deceased, including three juveniles and an adult female.

The fifth individual who was shot — an adult male — was taken to the hospital by another party. His condition was not immediately reported, but we have learned he is in stable condition an is expected to recover.
I agree that the trip to the hospital included both the dad and the son that allegedly shot the other family members. This leads me to believe that a call to emergency services was not made.

1st mass shooting of the year leaves 4 family members dead, boy arrested

“The alleged shooter's

mother 52-year-old Consuelo Alejandra Haynie
15-year-old Alexis
14-year-old Matthew
12-year-old Maylan

were found dead around 7 p.m. on Friday in 93 Eastmoor East. The patriarch of the family, 50-year-old Colin Haynie, was injured during the mayhem, but survived.”

Charges were filed today. Below is a snip of the linked article. This was an act that lasted 6+ hours. Crazy. I am looking for the charging docs and will ask a reporter for them if they do not show up soon.

Teen accused of killing mother, siblings faces murder charges as an adult
Teen accused of killing mother, siblings faces murder charges as an adult

In addition to the four counts of murder, Colin Jeffery “CJ” Haynie, of Grantsville, was also charged with attempted aggravated murder, and five counts of discharge of a firearm. All of the charges are first-degree felonies.

The killings began about 1 p.m. on Friday when CJ Haynie killed his mother, Consuelo Alejandra Haynie, 52, and 12-year-old sister shortly after they returned home from school, according to charging documents. He shot them multiple times in their heads, necks and upper bodies, the charges state.

About 5:15 p.m., CJ Haynie killed his 15-year-old sister and 14-year-old brother shortly after they came home, the charges state.

I agree that the trip to the hospital included both the dad and the son that allegedly shot the other family members. This leads me to believe that a call to emergency services was not made.

ITA, there hasn't been any clarification on that.

Wow, so we have a kid who killed his mom and sister. Sits in the house for hours, lying in wait, to kill the rest of the family. Rides along with the dad and neighbor to the hospital. Refuses to talk to LE. And LE has never been called to the house before.

This is one messed up kid. Maybe he has a juvie record that is sealed. At first glance, he certainly does not appear to be the typical hardened youth offender. That refuses to talk to LE because they know how the system works. I can't buy that this kid suddenly had issues and suddenly decided to murder his family.

I might find out that I am way off base. The parents, especially the dad, appear to be super religious. More than the typical mainstream LDS member. This is just a guess,
And I have seen this a lot in similar cases that have a strong religious component. of any religion. They try to solve their problems by praying on it. And sometimes that is pouring gasoline on the fire.

All MOO.

Eta pardon my bad grammar. It is what it is.

BBM. Again, with odd trip to the hospital.

Murder charges: Teen shooter waited hours between killing mother, siblings

Snip-
Broadhead said it appeared each family member was shot “fairly soon” after arriving at home.

An hour after Matthew was killed, CJ’s father, Colin Haynie, arrived home and was shot in the leg, the charges state. There was then a struggle over the gun, during which the elder Haynie was hit on the head with an unknown object, according to charging documents.

“(The father) said that he told the defendant that the defendant’s mother would be sad if the defendant killed him,” the charge state. “He said the defendant told him that his mother and other siblings were already dead.”

The father was able to get the handgun away from his son, who then apparently went with him to the hospital without further incident.

Broadhead said Wednesday that he doesn’t know why CJ Haynie went from wanting to kill his family to seemingly going to the hospital willingly with his father and without issue. He said the elder Haynie, as of Wednesday, had still not spoken with prosecutors and that he and his oldest son were keeping their privacy while “trying to wrap their heads around this horrific event.”

Sorry for all the posts! I keep finding more info.

Grantsville teenager charged with killing his mother and siblings

Snip-The father and son started fighting, and Colin Haynie allegedly hit his father in the head, causing a cut. Colin Haynie’s father told police that he told his son “that the defendant’s mother would be sad if the defendant killed him.”

That’s when Colin Haynie allegedly told his father that the rest of the family were already dead. His father said that Colin Haynie said he wanted to “kill everyone in the house except himself," charging documents state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM
Back