Found Deceased UT - Daniel Brown, 34, Iron County, 28 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My sister is mentally unstable and not because of this situation. She has verbally abused family and cut off contact except for when she needs money.

My sister is mentally unstable and not because of this situation. She has verbally abused family and cut off contact except for when she needs money.

So what does she say happened to him? I get there is an family dynamic here that seems to be unhealthy but the reality is a man, a husband and father of four, is missing. Does she feel he left the family of his own free will to have a different life or does she feel he is missing and most likely deceases after all this time?

I'm very sorry you are having to deal with the situation. Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and post. You are all in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry Amb.....this situation must be so difficult to deal with. I can't even imagine.

I don't think Amb is coming back to help us. I have a feeling the wife would have some insight on whether Brown is really missing or if he took off.

Hi amb, I'm so sorry you and your family are dealing with this. My hope is that the children are now safe and your sister can get the help she needs. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm not sure what I can do to help you all. My sister believes he is alive and will come back to them one day. My sister has hurt too many people helping a man that has secluded her and now abandoned her and their children. I love in GA and as of right now I don't care to speak to my sister again and I hope she stops manipulating our parents.

I'm not sure what I can do to help you all. My sister believes he is alive and will come back to them one day. My sister has hurt too many people helping a man that has secluded her and now abandoned her and their children. I love in GA and as of right now I don't care to speak to my sister again and I hope she stops manipulating our parents.

I completely understand. Sometimes you have to protect yourself and your family by refusing to subjected to family members. I have a brother like this and I had to distance myself from him. I am sorry you have to go through this with your sister!

Not sure if this has been posted. LE say's man may have deserted his family.

I see my thoughts are shared by several other members, that this may have been a well thought out attempted murder. It's the only explanation that seems to make sense of the details.

Everyone but my sister believes this. Also the thought this could be orchestrated by both of them has been brought to my attention

Those poor kids.

Everyone but my sister believes this. Also the thought this could be orchestrated by both of them has been brought to my attention

I hadn't thought about this, but this makes the very most sense. They are desperate, no money, and IF they were both "in on it", it would explain the phone in her possession without using it for so long. {Hugs} to you and your family.

I am NOT saying that this is the only explanation, but just that it may be a possible explanation.

I'm sorry you and your sister are estranged. It is a difficult situation. If this was a planned disappearance, that they orchestrated the whole thing, why drive off into the wilderness, get your vehicle stuck in the mud, open the windows, and then walk off cross country just before a snow storm starts?

Way too many random things happening for this to be an orchestrated plan IMO. If Brown walked away from his family, and it's certainly possible, why such an complicated plan? To me it seems if he did walk away, it was a spur of the moment idea. Leaving the phone is suspect but what mother would stay in a van with not only her four kids but a infant with the windows open and during a snow storm if she knew she could call for help? It just doesn't make sense for this to have been the plan.

I could buy into him seeing an opportunity and taking it, but not a plan between the two of them.

Thank you so much Amb for taking the time and making the effort to come to WS and give us information. Please take care of yourself during this troubling time and don't allow yourself to ever feel guilty for maybe needing to distance yourself. I've had to do that with a friend and a sister and it's hard. But ultimately your sister is responsible for her life and that of her kids. I worry more for children.

I'm sorry you and your sister are estranged. It is a difficult situation. If this was a planned disappearance, that they orchestrated the whole thing, why drive off into the wilderness, get your vehicle stuck in the mud, open the windows, and then walk off cross country just before a snow storm starts?

Way too many random things happening for this to be an orchestrated plan IMO. If Brown walked away from his family, and it's certainly possible, why such an complicated plan? To me it seems if he did walk away, it was a spur of the moment idea. Leaving the phone is suspect but what mother would stay in a van with not only her four kids but a infant with the windows open and during a snow storm if she knew she could call for help? It just doesn't make sense for this to have been the plan.

I could buy into him seeing an opportunity and taking it, but not a plan between the two of them.

That is plausible but they have been through rougher times. They might not have been there as long as they said. I was informed by someone close to the investigation that the van wasn't very stuck, they were 2mi off the highway and you could see Cedar City from where they were. The time discrepancy and she getting highly angry with me because I asked someone not to start a ******** page has got me thinking there maybe more to this.

So they could have planned it together to........ fake his death to get insurance money???

If it was a plan for insurance don't they need a body or have years pass before someone is legally declared dead? I hope that wasn't their plan as it won't work. Imo.

BBM - I had an issue with the phone being left as well but another poster pointed out that taking the phone could've given LE a way to track him.

So maybe he had to decide if it was worth taking being found and maybe he thought she was brainwashed enough she wouldn't try to call for help?

Seems likely considering she didn't start rummaging around until the next day when she found the phone by accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back