UT UT - David Allan Roe, 48, vehicle found, 15 July 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score

David Allan Roe, a 48-year-old has been missing since July 15 when he was last seen in Salt Lake City giving food and money to the homeless.

Roe's vehicle was found near Hardware Ranch in Blacksmith Fork Canyon on July 18 with a flat tire.

Image (7).jpg

Photo

David Allan Roe, last seen on July 15 giving food and money to the homeless in Salt Lake City.

His bank cards were last used on that day. Then, on July 18, Roe’s car was found near Hardware Ranch, in Cache County’s Blacksmith Fork Canyon.

Roe, 48, is high-functioning autistic. Ge stands 6 feet 3 inches, and weighs about 135 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

He's a registered Sex Offender in Utah (felony sexual abuse of a child - 2017 conviction and misdemeanor unlawful sexual conduct with a 16/17 year old - 2014 conviction). His picture is on the state offender listing so it's definitely the missing man. May be totally unrelated but it's worth noting. If you look at the drop down for "vehicles" for the offender, it lists TWO vehicles, the one found (the 2001 Caravan referenced in an article I'll link below) and another one, a 2003 Silverado, that's not been mentioned so he may NOT be without wheels. . . https://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=2060802&AgencyID=54438

Last edited:
Local authorities are seeking the public’s assistance in locating David Allan Roe, a 48-year-old Orem man who has been missing since July 15, 2024

community assistance is crucial at this time, especially as more hunters will be in the area during the next month.

Law enforcement said the public can help by:
  • Reporting any sightings or information about David to the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.
  • Share information about Roe’s disappearance on social media to raise awareness.
  • Be vigilant in the areas surrounding Hardware Ranch as David may still be nearby.
Authorities are especially concerned due to winter soon approaching.

Roe’s online blog that day indicated “he was in the South Salt Lake area that day handing out cash and Gatorade as an act of goodwill.”
The circumstances of the case are suspicious enough that his phone was pinged and an NCIC form filled out.” according to Orem’s alert Monday online.
..his last known location was Monday in Salt Lake City, where his credit cards were used.

His linkedin, where he defines himself to be disabled and unemployed

1727299067442.jpeg

Roe’s online blog that day indicated “he was in the South Salt Lake area that day handing out cash and Gatorade as an act of goodwill.”
The circumstances of the case are suspicious enough that his phone was pinged and an NCIC form filled out.” according to Orem’s alert Monday online.
..his last known location was Monday in Salt Lake City, where his credit cards were used.

His linkedin, where he defines himself to be disabled and unemployed

View attachment 533436
It's easy to mis-read that, but if you look, the LinkedIn says he is "SELF employed", not unemployed. His records as a registered Sex Offender in Utah state he has "certified pool and spa operator training" (expiration 2028). A check with the Utah division of professional licensing did not find any professional licenses under that name but professional isn't listed as one they have state licenses for. License Lookup Verification It looks like that is a certification (not a state license) is from the Aquatic Council and is issued after completing a 2 day training course. CPO Pool Spa Operator Certification Courses – Aquatic Council, LLC – Pool Operator Certification As a registered sex offender he is prohibited from pools with public access however his registry info lists the name of a physical therapy business in Provo that he was associated with so he might be doing some spa/whirlpool maintenance/repair there as a contractor. Utah Laws Regulating Registered Sex Offenders - Utah Department of Corrections

Last edited:
Oh my you are right, don’t know why I wrote unemployed.

What I find important is your finding that he has a second car , I wonder if LE checked its whereabouts

Oh my you are right, don’t know why I wrote unemployed.

What I find important is your finding that he has a second car , I wonder if LE checked its whereabouts
They may have. My feeling is there are other things that LE aren't saying in this case. He lives with an elderly relative as well (his address is under the name of an 84 year old woman with his last name) so he may have access to a car there as well. BUT, where his vehicle was found was 132 miles from where he lived (Orem) and last worked (Provo). So it would have taken some logistics to get another vehicle to him or even someone to pick him up and bring him back home to an alternate means of transportation. Orem to Hardware Ranch

Bartschi said local law enforcement, in collaboration with Cache County Search & Rescue and Orem Police Department, are working tirelessly to investigate all leads. However, community assistance is crucial at this time, especially as more hunters will be in the area during the next month.

Authorities are especially concerned due to winter soon approaching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back