Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Shelley, 5, Logan, 25 May 2019, *Uncle Arrested* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Sleuthing and discussing the social media of family and friends is not allowed.

As per The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc ... you may link to and discuss social media of a victim and a POI/suspect.

At this time it is pretty evident that the uncle is at the very least a POI, so his social media may be sleuthed (as y'all have been doing ;)) and discussed. Just do not mention posts by his friends, their names, or sleuth their social media and post about it here.

The Rules are linked in my signature. They have not changed for this case.

'Officers located several items of interest a short distance from the home. This item has been tested and there is forensic evidence of 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley,' the update reads.

Police did not elaborate on what that particular item is, but they did say that the piece of evidence connects Whipple to the child and her residence.

'Some items were then located another short distance away which also shows a forensic connection to our missing 5-year-old,' the statement continued.

Authorities also said that they have 'over 200 law enforcement officers from a dozen agencies including local, State and Federal officers' searching for Elizabeth.
Father of missing Utah girl, 5, doesn't think her uncle would hurt her | Daily Mail Online

ABC4 News‏Verified account @abc4utah 5m5 minutes ago
Memorial grows outside Lizzy Shelley's home; uncle charged with 5-year-old's murder: https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/memorial-grows-outside-lizzy-shelleys-home-uncle-charged-with-5-year-olds-murder/2038219477 …
D7yj8tBWkAAE3QK.jpg

Missing girl's body recovered just 1/2 block from her home

'Empty life'

Bill Whipple said even though the family knew Alex Whipple had problems, his alleged act of violence has left them dumbfounded.

He said his grandson's mother abandoned him at age 5 and disappeared for a number of years. She then reappeared and took him to live in another county.

"All I can tell you is he had an empty life. He had an empty home, an empty life. He was in and out of foster homes, he would run away from them, he wouldn’t stay in them at all. He was always on the run. And these are the things that, after a while, start to wear on you," Bill Whipple said.

He said the family repeatedly offered him help and urged him to go to therapy but he declined. Though Alex Whipple had a difficult life, his grandfather said that in no way justifies his alleged actions.

Bill Whipple said Lizzy's mother had a good relationship with her brother, Alex, and had helped him. She had "no clue" her brother could do such a thing, he said, adding that Jessica Whipple had done everything she could to protect her kids, and did everything she could to survive.

"Lizzy was her whole life," he said.

I haven't followed this thread since Lizzy's funeral, but I popped in this morning and read that AW sexually assaulted her. I always thought that was why he took her. But I don't believe it's a case of where he coveted her, or had sexual thoughts about her. Rape is about control. AW's life, at age 21, was spinning rapidly out of control. No job, no home of his own, no direction, just anger, beer and drugs. Brooding over how HIS life was so bad, because of his family situation, poor me, blah blah blah. Had a good time at his sister's house, was seething with resentment that he didn't have what she had. So he struck back at her by taking her daughter. Pathetic that raping a 5 year old gave him some feeling of control. Jail, then prison, he'll never have even a smidgen of control over his life. We all get one chance at life, and this is his, rotting away in a cage. I favor the death penalty, but it's off the table, so I'll just have to be content knowing that he'll never breathe a single breath of air as a free man. Will forever be told when to get up, when to go to bed, when to shower (with no privacy), what to eat, what job to do, sit on the toilet in front of others, live in a 9x6 cell, and maybe have a phone call or visit a couple times a year if he's lucky. Yes, maybe it's OK that he doesn't get to check out earlier with the DP.

I haven't followed this thread since Lizzy's funeral, but I popped in this morning and read that AW sexually assaulted her. I always thought that was why he took her. But I don't believe it's a case of where he coveted her, or had sexual thoughts about her. Rape is about control. AW's life, at age 21, was spinning rapidly out of control. No job, no home of his own, no direction, just anger, beer and drugs. Brooding over how HIS life was so bad, because of his family situation, poor me, blah blah blah. Had a good time at his sister's house, was seething with resentment that he didn't have what she had. So he struck back at her by taking her daughter. Pathetic that raping a 5 year old gave him some feeling of control. Jail, then prison, he'll never have even a smidgen of control over his life. We all get one chance at life, and this is his, rotting away in a cage. I favor the death penalty, but it's off the table, so I'll just have to be content knowing that he'll never breathe a single breath of air as a free man. Will forever be told when to get up, when to go to bed, when to shower (with no privacy), what to eat, what job to do, sit on the toilet in front of others, live in a 9x6 cell, and maybe have a phone call or visit a couple times a year if he's lucky. Yes, maybe it's OK that he doesn't get to check out earlier with the DP.

You are 100% right about rape being about control. It steals something from you that you simply can never get back. It’s robbery, too. I’ve never been ok since it happened 23yrs ago. I cannot even fathom it happening at so young an age. I hate AW. I hate him and I hate having hatred in my heart, but he deserves it. Idc what’s happened to him in his life. He had complete control to NOT do what he did. It’s even more messed up that she was a little child. I hope prison justice catches up with him. Idk why he did it. It doesn’t even matter why. Doesn’t make it any less atrocious. He’s disgusting trash. He chose the path consciously. Ugh. This case is haunting me.:( jmo

Just checking on updates on the prosecution of this _____.

It is sad when things get quiet, it just points out that just weeks ago, this child was here enjoying life, now she has been found, buried and is no longer here. I hope Lizzy's parents have help to handle the void I am sure they are feeling and all of the raw emotions that must come along.

A bump for Lizzy and justice for her.

So sad to hear the latest news - praying for healing for her family. I wish there was some way we could predict this monstrous behavior and stop it - I know we can't but jeez. This is awful. JMO
There was. He was let out though,and got away with violating his parole. Nothing was done when he did that. The consequences was Lizzie's life.
MOO

There was. He was let out though,and got away with violating his parole. Nothing was done when he did that. The consequences was Lizzie's life.
MOO

I suppose that if we play the "blame game", Jessica Whipple was at fault for letting her brother spend the night at her home. Alexander's parents were at fault for not being better parents...the list goes on.

In the end, the only person who is responsible for Lizzie's death is Alexander Whipple.

There is no blame to put on Lizzie's mother. She is a victim as well.

I can't imagine that she ever thought that Alex would "lash" out the way he did. That wasn't his MO. I don't believe any of his family even considered the thought that he would do what he did.

It is tragic all the way around.

Alex Whipple holds all the responsibility for what he did to Lizzie. He alone carries that guilt. Unfortunately, I don't think he is bothered by guilt.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion
Back