Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Shelley, 5, Logan, 25 May 2019, *Uncle Arrested* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he has kyphosis, or curvature of the spine. Almost every photo shows him with his head abnormally hunched forward. But like you said, who cares? He just looks "scowly" and with a mean glare all the time, as if he's blaming others for his situation. Hoping for LWOP!
Yeah! I remember a dr my ex saw (he’s 6’4 and about 150 soaking wet) asked about his back because he kind of did that slouchy thing too. He said some people who are tall try to make themselves “shorter” to not call attention to themselves as much and essentially “blend in” which can lead to permanent curvature.

As far as he goes, he needs to man up and stand up straight because no body cares and he can’t hide or blend in now.

Ooh, he makes me angry!

I’m glad that he’s not going to get the death penalty. I hope they can send in an expert that is very good at connecting with such disconnected violent criminals to gain his trust and study the heck out of his psychological unwinding. I always hope something can be learned for possible improvements in psychology and psychotherapy for possible future prevention..
sending love to Lizzie’s family always.

I’m glad that he’s not going to get the death penalty. I hope they can send in an expert that is very good at connecting with such disconnected violent criminals to gain his trust and study the heck out of his psychological unwinding. I always hope something can be learned for possible improvements in psychology and psychotherapy for possible future prevention..
sending love to Lizzie’s family always.

Wisconsin is a "high kill" area, and Univ of WI-Madison has done extensive research with prisoners housed there.

For some reason, I don't think of AW as a willing participant to learn from unless he agrees to only contribute MRI brain image.

I also believe it very likely that AW just wanted to hurt his family.

MOO

https://www.med.wisc.edu/news-and-e...opaths-brains-differences-structure-function/

I just saw the most beautiful rainbow and the first thing that came to mind was Lizzy.
Sweet little angel, I can't help but think she's up there sending down her love.

When is the next court date? And is it just to verify that they have everything necessary for trial?

I believe August 13th (next court date).

There hasnt been a morning since 5/26 that I havent thought about Lizzy. Because for the first few days she was missing we held out hope that she would be found alive. Cant tell you how many times I refreshed the news page those days only to refresh it that one last time on 5/29 and learn the uncle was charged with... murder.

Another beautiful little soul taken too soon <3

Judge Kevin Allen said defense attorneys had asked for a preliminary hearing, where he will determine whether prosecutors have sufficient evidence to bind Whipple over for trial. He scheduled the hearing for August 13.

Whipple was arrested May 25 after Lizzy’s family called 911, reporting her missing. He had spent the night at their Logan home after staying up late, drinking and playing video games. Deputies located him, walking near Mt. Sterling. He reportedly had blood on his clothes that matched the young girl’s. Days later he agreed to tell police where her body was located, if prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty in his case.

Several weeks later, prosecutors explained that they had received additional evidence from the Utah State Crime Lab, showing that Whipple allegedly raped and sodomized the young girl before burying her body. They have not disclosed exactly where and when the sexual assaults took place.

Whipple remains in the Cache County Jail, being held without bail. He could face up to life in prison if convicted.

Preliminary hearing scheduled for Alex Whipple

I wonder where they would have a trial, if Logan is out, I don't see a better choice any where else. SLC? Ogden? Nope.

Any jury in Utah is going to hate AW. They won't want him out of prison, ever, especially when they hear in detail about the heinous crimes he perpetrated against a four year old girl. Substance abuse is not a defense. He had a crap life, not a defense. A lot of people have crap lives, and move forward.

I can't imagine being called for this trial. The images and testimony would never leave your mind. It would be horrific and vivid, especially for people who are not LEO, and exposed to things like this...and even LEO had a hard time with this case.

Will we find out tomorrow if he is pleading guilty?

Whipple's defense had the opportunity to waive a preliminary hearing but according to Judge Allen, his defense requested the hearing and it was scheduled for August 13.

Preliminary hearing is where the where the County Attorney will present probable cause to the court-- outlining that enough evidence exists to charge AW. If Judge agrees, case will be set for trial.

County Attorney says they made one partial settlement with Whipple for the location of Lizzy's body (taking death off the table), and still motivated to get justice for Lizzy -- meaning nothing less than spending his life in jail.

I'm wondering if AW will even show tomorrow?

MOO

ETA: Hearing is on the docket for Courtroom 1 - Aug 13, 2019

14 PRELIMINARY HEARING S
03 191100520 Other Misdemeanor
STATE OF UTAH

ATTY: LACHMAR, BARBARA BAIRD, TONY MURRAY, DANE

VS. WHIPPLE, ALEXANDER WILLIAM

ATTY: DEMLER, SHANNON
OTN: 57308876 DOB: 08/23/1997

MB - FAILURE TO DISCLOSE IDENTITY - 05/25/19
MB - UNLAWFUL PURCHASE BY INTERDICTED PERSON - 05/25/19
MA - FAIL TO STOP AT COMMAND OF LAW ENFORCEME - 05/25/19
MB - POSSESSION OR USE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - 05/25/19
MB - USE OR POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA - 05/25/19
MA - UNLAW POSS/PURCH/TRANS DANGEROUS WEAPON - 05/25/19

CITATION #: SHERIFF #: LEA #: 19-C4321 PROSECUTING AGENCY NUMBER: 19-1659 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST DISTRICT - CACHE
KEVIN K ALLEN
August 13, 2019 Courtroom 1 Tuesday 01:30 PM

15 PRELIMINARY HEARING
LOG 191100525 State Felony
STATE OF UTAH
ATTY: LACHMAR, BARBARA BAIRD, TONY MURRAY, DANE

VS. WHIPPLE, ALEXANDER WILLIAM

ATTY: GALLOWAY, BRYAN DEMLER, SHANNON
OTN: 57308942 DOB: 08/23/1997

CA - AGGRAVATED MURDER - 05/25/19
F1 - CHILD KIDNAPPING - 05/25/19
F2 - OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - 05/25/19
F2 - OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE - 05/25/19
F3 - ABUSE OR DESECRATION OF A DEAD HUMAN BODY - 05/25/19
F1 - RAPE OF A CHILD - 05/25/19
F1 - SODOMY ON A CHILD - 05/25/19

PROSECUTING AGENCY NUMBER: 19-1658 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back