UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone begins to feel SS was a "victim" (and I'm not saying you do):

I don't... not one single bit! My thoughts were...from what she wrote, to me it sounds like SS knew exactly WHO she was getting married to.

And if she was in a abusive relationship with this guy, she still had the responsibility to protect her son. She is 100 percent equally accountable for the role she played in the horrible way Ethan died. (moo)

(btw..trying to type thoughts lighting fast to keep up with you all on this board...sorry I wasn't clear :crazy:)
Oh no no no no no... you were clear. I wasn't saying you felt that way at all. I'm the one who wasn't clear; I meant it as I can see people starting to say "poor SS" meaning her defense, etc. I apologize ... I certainly did not mean to imply in any way you (or anyone on this forum for that matter) felt that way.

They haven't gotten their formal charges yet. The DA is still considering them. Supposed to come by Friday.

The Davis County Attorney's Office said it will hold a press conference Friday morning to announce formal charges against a couple accused of murdering their 4-year-old child and dumping his body in a remote area in Ogden Canyon.

Lead prosecutor Troy Rawlings said his office was still waiting Wednesday for the Utah State Medical Examiner's autopsy report on Ethan Stacy, as well as compiling additional evidence from Layton police.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031731/Charges-mulled-in-boys-murder-case.html

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings
Email: troy@co.davis.ut.us

ETA: It has never bothered me to email officials, even if I don't live in the county or state. I just figure they want to know how the public at large feels about a case, a perpetrator, or a victim :)

Thanks. I hope he get VERY creative. I have no problem with him waiting a couple of days to file charges. Those monsters aren't going anywhere.

why the rush to get married, was poor Ethan already gone and she didn't want to have to testify against him?

I think she is deplorable but that wedding page speaks clearly of a very over bearing man...whether she was already being abused or not I'm not sure but she sure was speaking the way a groomed person does. It is too bad that her first born son didn't fit into that perfect picture they created....

As I said earlier, your in good hands now buddy...

Wow... never thought of that. Although there have been interviews of neighbors who saw Ethan, it's not clear when he was last seen.

My guess is that she would have been forever trying to refill the empty tank he has from a 'kidnapped' childhood. I agree, violence is a huge predictor of future violence such as rape and murder, I'm not sure I see the predictive measures one would expect. However, he does seem to have a problem with addiction and that, to me, is very predictive. I continue to want to know what was going on with the two of them that resulted in the murder of her beautiful child. He has a record citing mfr. of illegal substances - that could be crack cocaine, growing marijuana, crystal meth, heroine, LSD, etc. not nice drugs. I have taught courses in the past about street drugs and addiction and I can't help but think this case would fit right in. moo

ETA: Hate to put marijuana in with crack, crystal meth, lsd etc. but they are all schedule I drugs, illegal and a felony. moo

I think he's referring to his ex and their child, unless there's something else he posted below that. I really don't have the stomach to read all that tripe again. There have been comments I've read on news sites referring to him having a daughter, in Florida I think.

darkest part of my life dealing with My child being kidnapped and being in the middle of a vicious divorce

After reading their "love story", I can already see her defense.

She says she had a diabetic episode....one of the 2 life saving acts from her prince. Maybe she was in a diabetic coma when Ethan was killed.

They both seem very proud of the fact that she is able not to provoke his bad boy side. Maybe Ethan wasn't as adept at that. She can claim she wasn't able to stop her groom once provoked. Then she was threatened, yada, yada, yada......:sick:

Oh, I'm sure her defense is going to play up any possible abuse or threatened abuse. As far as her being in a diabetic coma, I'll believe she's diabetic when I hear LE confirm that. For now, I think she's a histrionic self-absorbed . If it turns out she is diabetic, then she'll be a diabetic histrionic self-absorbed .

We got a notice on our door today from our apartment complex's manager stating that the Sloops were not lease holders here, they were simply visiting a friend living here. I need to find out if that is valid, I feel like it's a lie.

I found the name of his ex. Won't post it. Seems they were married in Fla. Oct. 99 and moved to Utah. High school sweethearts.

I found her listed on a high school site (FL) as class of '01. Did they stay in FL for a while after being married?

Oh, I'm sure her defense is going to play up any possible abuse or threatened abuse. As far as her being in a diabetic coma, I'll believe she's diabetic when I hear LE confirm that. For now, I think she's a histrionic self-absorbed . If it turns out she is diabetic, then she'll be a diabetic histrionic self-absorbed .

KSL news just came on and announced that the stepfather beat Ethan on the 5th in the head, then they locked him in his room, so they could go get married the next day........So they left him locked in the room while they went to get married, sick people!!!!!!! The mom confessed the next day she ran to the store and returned and DS had burned Ethan in hot water and he had died so he and someone else were taking him to bury him........

Wow, so so sad!!!!!!

We got a notice on our door today from our apartment complex's manager stating that the Sloops were not lease holders here, they were simply visiting a friend living here. I need to find out if that is valid, I feel like it's a lie.

Hm, I don't know how you could find out -- leases aren't public record, are they? I always got the impression my leases lived in my landlords' file cabinets.

Do you think the landlord is nervous about some kind of legal action? Kinda weird.

Visitation was court ordered! :furious::furious::furious:

per link above

Joe, Ethans dad, didn't want to let him go and Ethan didn't want to go......:(

Dammit dammit dammit :furious: :furious: :furious:

The Sloops were afraid to take Ethan Stacy out in public because of severe head injuries allegedly inflicted by Nathan in what jail records described as a "systematic and progressively more violent pattern of abuse toward Ethan."

The injuries to Ethan's face were so significant that the Sloops "were afraid to take him out in public with the swelling and bruising to his face and that someone would call police," according to documents released Wednesday by the Davis County Jail.

While the Sloops were getting married, Nathan "removed the door handle from the bedroom" to keep Ethan locked inside.

Severe head injuries???? He'd just arrived to be with those monsters. That poor baby spent the last 10 days of his life being tortured and terrorized :(

Given the details released, I'm betting SS is singing like a bird... and I'm afraid no doubt doing so believing she can get a lesser sentence. I pray not.

KSL news just came on and announced that the stepfather beat Ethan on the 5th in the head, then they locked him in his room, so they could go get married the next day........So they left him locked in the room while they went to get married, sick people!!!!!!! The mom confessed the next day she ran to the store and returned and DS had burned Ethan in hot water and he had died so he and someone else were taking him to bury him........

Wow, so so sad!!!!!!

So he died on the 7th? Nice honeymoon, witch.

That MIGHT explain this new report, describing how Ethan was tortured over a few days (LINK)

"On Sunday, May 9, Stephanie says she returned from a trip to the store and Nathan told her Ethan was dead. She says Nathan and another man took Ethan to the mountains, where they desecrated his body and buried him."

Is it possible that this "friend" is the "other man" and he was being questioned at the same time, and given a quick plea?

We have a friend who is friends with a girl who's father is a police officer here, and she said that she found out just was the 'desecration' was.... and I'm disgusted.

We have a friend who is friends with a girl who's father is a police officer here, and she said that she found out just was the 'desecration' was.... and I'm disgusted.

I always describe myself as "clinical", but this is one of the most horrific cases ever.

"Pam says she knows they are upset by the events of the past 48 hours, "I know they're both devestated by what happened and great regret"."

Dang I just feel awful about that!!!!

Upset over the past 48 hours? Considering little Ethan was being beaten and terrorized shortly after arriving, I have to believe their 'regret and devastation' is at being caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie