Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a few thoughts I have had regarding AA that are head scratchers in my opinion. Feel free to clear them up for me.
1) I don’t know what criteria is used to determine which foreign students get to come study here in the US, but AA appears well below any baseline that would predict having any success with that. I base that on reading part of that paper he wrote on Mirror Lake geology at Utah State. Just from a language perspective, his inability to express himself in English would be a huge problem. I can’t imagine he realistically came here thinking he was going to get a college degree.
2) Supposedly he became a Mormon shortly after arriving in Utah. Religion, being personal and important in most people’s lives, is not usually changed on a whim. Sounds to me he was intent on blending in as much as possible. Making himself at home kinda. If he’d have headed to college in Italy, I imagine he would have become Roman Catholic.
3) How the heck was he supporting himself? He cannot be living on fictional money from his made-up jobs. I mean, how do you buy a house with fictional money from made-up jobs?
4) LE found a load of ammunition. Why? No information that I have heard of so far about AA indicates anything he was into that required ammunition for an assault rifle(I think).
I, like a lot of people here, think AA is a cold calculating fantasy-driven killer. But the items above make me wonder whether he came to the US and was set up here, by others, for some other reason...criminal or terrorist. I’m no conspiracy theorist. I’m the one who laughs at them. But these four things make me wonder.

Snipped and bolded

Consensual is off the table for me because her phone went dead a minute after she met in the park. That fact alone makes me think it went non-consensual fast.

jmo

Ita!

Out of all the possible theories out there... the one I absolutley do not agree with is KLs death was accidental.

Nope, this was a cold calculated murder.

I dont believe anything that happened sexual was consensual on KLs part either.

If that was remotely true she wouldn't have wound up with pieces of her tissue in his burn pit nor her remains thrown away in a canyon.

I don't know how AA was able to lure KL, but, imo, it was all built on a lie on AAs part.

Imoo

This is my thinking as well. But I’m just so perplexed about the communication! Why would he think to avoid the airport, but not take any steps to conceal his cellphone communication with her?

He had to communicate with her on some level. He couldn't control everything. In the end his need outweighed the risk.

What I am disagreeing with in your post is that being a SB is a "sexual preference". IMO that is the wrong term to use. I disagree with a lot in your post but I don't want to get into a big post on SD's and SB's again.

We also KNOW that he was arrested under the charge of kidnapping and murder. There is so much that LE knows that we don't. There is a reason they used those charges.

Just with regard to the kidnapping charge, that could be due to many things. She apparently, from what we know, met him willingly and unless the Lyft driver saw her forced into the car, there would seem to be no likely proof (as far as we know) of any kidnapping from the park. For that reason, I tend to think the kidnapping charge does not stem from the park, even with the phone shut off, because I just do not think they have enough to show that (based on what we know anyhow).

That lends me to think there may have been evidence at the residence or sadly on her. Evidence of having been bound/tied, marks on wrist or neck, etc., perhaps even a recording of what went on showing she was not free to leave. I lean towards believing something in the search resulted in the kidnapping charge.

It certainly is true that we know few details of events. We know the big things but very few details.

Jmo.

Purely speculating...

If he lured her through SA/SDother similar site, did he use photos of someone else? Here is my thinking. If the so called SD had money, why would she jump in a car that wasn’t a high end vehicle? Could he have been the SD’s “driver” and taking her to the SD? I’m not bashing his vehicle one way or another just thinking that she should have been smart enough to know that a wealthy man would not be driving that vehicle, a wealthy man would have a room at a 5 star hotel. How did he get her in that car for starters and into that house at all? If she were conscious, she would have picked up on those cues. She had the opportunity at the park, with the LD dropping her off and to run and scream like hell once she got to the house. Total speculation and MOO. As for the remains, I believe they’ll be able to determine a cause of death. I don’t think he dismembered her. I think he was a dumb, sloppy piece of garbage that did not think that her missing would cause a national spotlight and that he would swiftly become a POI/Suspect. MOO

Replying to myself, lol. But I guess on second thought, since we don’t know all the details of the investigation, it’s possible he DID try to conceal his digital tracks but was bad at it. We know he has an inflated sense of self so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was confident he was being stealthy and thought LE wouldn’t get him.

We might find out that the dummy deleted the communication from both of their phones. Thinking that would be good enough.

Nigeria is still very backwards when it comes to Women's rights. Its very much a patriarchal society. This is a country that still uses female genital mutilation. Thankfully the numbers are smaller now but it still exists.

That is true and may have inspired his fantasies. Still, he committed the murder here, he took forensic countermeasures, he contacted a defense attorney as soon as he gleaned he was a suspect. AA knew he was in the wrong, regardless of his upbringing.

We might find out that the dummy deleted the communication from both of their phones. Thinking that would be good enough.
That's what I think. Did he know records can be accessed about online activity? Is he really so uninformed that he thinks all the information is actually on the phone itself? What does he think the internet is?!?

jmo

Usually this can be accomplished quickly. Most people wanting to become a "member" and get baptized can speed through the lessons. This is acceptable but you would have to lie or at least twist the truth to get through a couple of interviews.

Usually someone that does this has other motives. Such as financial assistance or the social aspect, or maybe to impress someone (opposite sex).

I have read above that AA may have been sponsered by the church in getting to the states. That would not have been the case. The church is very selective on who they help and while they may help both members and non-members, it is HIGHLY unlikley they would help someone from out of the country, to enter the country unless it was an extreme set of circumstances.

I think AA was very good at manipulation and lied his way through the lessons and I interviews. MOO

The church can be manipulated just like anyone else. This guy was hell bent on gaining citizenship. To the point, IMO, he set up the sham marriage. Before that he tried and failed at the student angle. Immigration and the church has been an issue for decades. They are better now because LE here called them out on it. And the issue was still a problem in 2009, when AA immigrated. Cops here were arresting gang bangers with the book of Mormon in their pocket.

Does anyone else wonder if AA is a serial killer? Has he killed other women before, and it was not discovered so quickly? And maybe because he had been able to do it before, without detection, he was sloppy this time?

Ita!

Out of all the possible theories out there... the one I absolutley do not agree with is KLs death was accidental.

Nope, this was a cold calculated murder.

I dont believe anything that happened sexual was consensual on KLs part either.

If that was remotely true she wouldn't have wound up with pieces of her tissue in his burn pit nor her remains thrown away in a canyon.

I don't know how AA was able to lure KL, but, imo, it was all built on a lie on AAs part.

Imoo
I agree ocean. The text LE have from the airport tell what kind of interaction those two had from the time she landed, got into that Lyft until she reached her killer. Being that LE charged him with kidnapping gives me a good idea what LE knows and that he enticed her, lured her whatever then kill her.

Hello acutename,I believe this is the ‘Outdoor Enthusiast’ website you mention. He is all things to all people. He wears many masks and is practiced in deceit.
View attachment 192500
Probably this guy lays on the charm telling MacKenzie she is beautiful of course he has ‘connections from his modeling career’. I’m sure he needs photos for a portfolio to shop to his contacts. But he is a practiced predator and very accomplished having slithered across many forums stalking his prey. He probably initially followed MacKenzie and played the empathy card all in order to harm her in the end. He will not take ‘no’ as things ‘progress’ and it’s clear she will not bend to his every whim, he suddenly says she’s a blankity blank and the predator is unleashed on his victim.

MOO

It’s called meetup I do some of the hikes here in OC CA through that website. Check out the bottom right hand side. Look at all the sex interest he has. Most are cutoff but it’s a very long list. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
He had to communicate with her on some level. He couldn't control everything. In the end his need outweighed the risk.

It's really impossible for any of us to understand a murderer's mindset when it comes to their premeditated plans, and why they thought they were going to get away with them, but all murderers never expect to be caught. Each one at the time thinks they are going to be the exception instead of the norm.

AA may have mistakenly thought LE would believe he had only online contact with KL, and believed they wouldn't be able to link him having any face to face contact with her.

After all, he made sure he wasn't the one picking her up at the airport where he could be seen. He made sure the Lyft driver did not bring KL to his home.

This is why I think they had never met face to face before. He made sure he had no known link to her whatsoever.

Imo, So he knew no one had ever seen them together, and none of his neighbors had ever seen KL at his home in the past or else where.

Imo, he felt the only connection LE would find was only the online communication between the two, making him one among others I'm sure she had communicated with.

Imo, he made KL turn her phone off immediately. He didnt care if his phone pinged in this area because he lived there closeby.

He underestimated the deep dive investigation the investigators would do which would link him to the crime.

He thought they would think he was just one of the ones in the area who had only online contact with KL.

Jmhoo

It's really impossible for any of us to understand a murderer's mindset when it comes to their premeditated plans, and why they thought they were going to get away with them, but all murderers never expect to be caught. Each one at the time thinks they are going to be the exception instead of the norm.

AA may have mistakenly thought LE would believe he had only online contact with KL, and believed they wouldn't be able to link him having any face to face contact with her.

After all, he made sure he wasn't the one picking her up at the airport where he could be seen. He made sure the Lyft driver did not bring KL to his home.

This is why I think they had never met face to face before.

Imo, So he knew no one had ever seen them together, and none of his neighbors had ever seen KL at his home in the past.

Imo, he felt the only connection LE would find was only the online communication between the two, making him one among others I'm sure she had communicated with.

Imo, he made KL turn her phone off immediately. He didnt care if his phone pinged in this area because he lived there closeby.

He underestimated the deep dive investigation the investigators would do which would link him to the crime.

He thought they would think he was just one of the ones in the area who had only online contact with KL.

Jmhoo
I completely agree with you. I don’t believe she had a face to face with him before. I like you believe he was more into her then her into him and he lured her somehow. Inside his mind he was already angry because I think she had brushed him off before. When that construction worker said in April AA girlfriend was a white Mormon girl I do believe he was talking about her and in his sick demented mind he was going to have her as his sex slave but she didn’t want him.

Last edited:

This is why I think they had never met face to face before. He made sure he had no known link to her whatsoever.

Imo, So he knew no one had ever seen them together, and none of his neighbors had ever seen KL at his home in the past or else where.

Jmhoo
I’m guessing he parked in a very dark spot at the park that’s why Lyft driver never could describe the perp if it was male or female and what kind of car.

ADP2019, I live in the same town as her parents and knowing the family and ML's high school years, my GUESS would be that they would pay for things like airline tickets home, especially a family funeral. I don't know this for a fact, so it's just an assumption on my part. I just don't see that she would be desperate for money.

Attending part time could point to several things:
Had to work leads the pack. Between classes, sorority functions, trying to maintain a high GPA, dating, something had to give. There is only so much time in each day.

If we are to believe the unidentified mystery man who was friends with ML, that spoke with the local news reporter, we assume that she had mentioned AA to him.

He claimed to have had concerns about their relationship. Then we would have to assume that they had been in communication for a decent bit of time and that ML was sharing with her friend some sort of information that the friend found alarming.

Imo, it’s plausible that they had never met face to face but AA was promising her some sort of modeling photography portraits for her online business. Maybe they were supposed to do the photos over the weekend but she went out of town for the funeral?

Maybe he told ML he could only do the photos that night at 3am, acting inconvenienced by her? She had some sort of incentive to meet him. IMO

Jmhoo

But weren’t they texting each other several times at some time prior to the park meeting. He’d have to be aware that police would see those interactions. Wouldn’t he have wanted to avoid being the last person she spoke with?

Or call her from a burner phone?

Trust me as a former female college student if she was interested in this guy as many girlfriends as she had who loved her no one knew this guy. Her friends knew the lifestyle she had. KL was very open about it. I believe if she was interested in this guy at least one of her dear friends would know who he was. This tells me she WAS NOT INTERESTED in this guy.

I believe that one online guy and I mean only one who said he was friends with KL and he knew about this guy. I believe he’s lying and was looking for media attention. They come out of the cracks in cases like this. None of her close friends or college friends knew of this creep.

Hello acutename,I believe this is the ‘Outdoor Enthusiast’ website you mention. He is all things to all people. He wears many masks and is practiced in deceit.
View attachment 192500
Probably this guy lays on the charm telling MacKenzie she is beautiful of course he has ‘connections from his modeling career’. I’m sure he needs photos for a portfolio to shop to his contacts. But he is a practiced predator and very accomplished having slithered across many forums stalking his prey. After initially following MacKenzie on social media then carefully grooming her to trust him him he then moves on to the final act of his nightmare fantasy. He will not take ‘no’ as things ‘progress’ and it’s clear she will not bend to his every whim, he suddenly says she’s a blankity blank and the predator is unleashed on his victim.

MOO

It says on his Meetup profile he was an Event Organizer for a #Resist: Salt Lake City event. Can anyone find more information about the event he organized?

Did KL attend? Was AA using this activity as a lure for female attendance after seeing the success of the Women's Marches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member