Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says on his Meetup profile he was an Event Organizer for a #Resist: Salt Lake City event. Can anyone find more information about the event he organized?

Did KL attend? Was AA using this activity as a lure for female attendance after seeing the success of the Women's Marches?
He probably lied about being an event organizer as well. This guys life was a total sham.

I don't think we know what her closest friends knew about him. If LE has interviewed them, they haven't said anything. Someone may have very well known about him and hopefully they've told LE everything, LE just hasn't shared that with us. JMHO
Possibly but if you listened to the friends podcast they are very open girls. College girls love to talk. I believe that would have been leaked already JMO

He probably lied about being an event organizer as well. This guys life was a total sham.
That might be the one of the only things he didn't lie about. LOL Someone else pointed out everyone who expressed interest/attended was an event organizer. I'm sure he didn't mind the fancy title, but it sounds like something he didn't pick.

Agree. Approaching the media seems wrong for any material person in the case, especially if it is to say "I told her."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this person approach the reporter to find out if she knew where LE was taking AA? The reporter then ferreted out more info from him. It also makes sense that he wanted to remain anonymous because of how he knew ML. I guess I don't see any reason, at least not yet, to doubt him.

That might be the one of the only things he didn't lie about. LOL Someone else pointed out everyone who expressed interest/attended was an event organizer. I'm sure he didn't mind the fancy title, but it sounds like something he didn't pick.
#Resist is a grassroots movement. If you join, you can organize a protest or a demonstration. All members can be event organizers.

Possibly but if you listened to the friends podcast they are very open girls. College girls love to talk. I believe that would have been leaked already JMO
Yeah, I think she probably would have kept her social life and her dating experiences separate.
But there is still a good chance she told some of her friends about him. They have all been interviewed by LE and were probably told not to reveal any information about him. They have been actively involved in trying to find ML from the start. Imo

Not if you’re emotional.

The journalist’s description of this guy and his behavior, paints a picture of someone who was distraught and angry.

He even wanted to know where this guy was being booked.
Or perhaps that’s why he stayed anonymous because people would recognize him as a fraud in other cases it can go either way.

Trust me as a former female college student if she was interested in this guy as many girlfriends as she had who loved her no one knew this guy. Her friends knew the lifestyle she had. KL was very open about it. I believe if she was interested in this guy at least one of her dear friends would know who he was. This tells me she WAS NOT INTERESTED in this guy.

I believe that one online guy and I mean only one who said he was friends with KL and he knew about this guy. I believe he’s lying and was looking for media attention. They come out of the cracks in cases like this. None of her close friends or college friends knew of this creep.
The only problem with your analysis...the Lyft driver who took ML to the park from the airport, said to law enforcement...ML greeted her pick up at the park as a friend..."she was happy to see them."

I think if the guy wanted attention he would have used his name and showed his face, like other people who scrambled for their fifteen seconds of fame.

To me, the fact her close friends IRL don't know him suggests she might have compartmentalized her social circle--I do--or that she thought her friends would disapprove of him, so she didn't tell them about AA. Might have been why she felt more comfortable discussing him with someone else she apparently met online.

Edited to add: she clearly did know of AA in some capacity, even if they'd never met before. The fact they were texting is indisputable, so to me, that indicates there was some general level of secrecy about him on her end.

We also might be overestimating how close she was with her sorority sisters.

I was in a sorority and my experience is that you get very close with your pledge class, Big, Little, and roommates.

Considering KL was a super senior (in her 5th year) who also spent time working, it is likely that her pledge class members, Big sister, and her original roommates have all graduated. This leaves her Little and possibly her new/current batch of roommates as close friends on campus. Sure the other sisters were her friends and cared, but were unlikely to be very close with her.

This online contact who came forward might have been closer to KL than some of her sorority sisters. MOO.

*Edited to fix typos.*

Last edited:
Here’s a few thoughts I have had regarding AA that are head scratchers in my opinion. Feel free to clear them up for me.
1) I don’t know what criteria is used to determine which foreign students get to come study here in the US, but AA appears well below any baseline that would predict having any success with that. I base that on reading part of that paper he wrote on Mirror Lake geology at Utah State. Just from a language perspective, his inability to express himself in English would be a huge problem. I can’t imagine he realistically came here thinking he was going to get a college degree.
2) Supposedly he became a Mormon shortly after arriving in Utah. Religion, being personal and important in most people’s lives, is not usually changed on a whim. Sounds to me he was intent on blending in as much as possible. Making himself at home kinda. If he’d have headed to college in Italy, I imagine he would have become Roman Catholic.
3) How the heck was he supporting himself? He cannot be living on fictional money from his made-up jobs. I mean, how do you buy a house with fictional money from made-up jobs?
4) LE found a load of ammunition. Why? No information that I have heard of so far about AA indicates anything he was into that required ammunition for an assault rifle(I think).
I, like a lot of people here, think AA is a cold calculating fantasy-driven killer. But the items above make me wonder whether he came to the US and was set up here, by others, for some other reason...criminal or terrorist. I’m no conspiracy theorist. I’m the one who laughs at them. But these four things make me wonder.

MOO Mormon help to get into USU and come to US. He looks the part of an earnest Nigerian student. MOO he scammed the missionaries too.

It says on his Meetup profile he was an Event Organizer for a #Resist: Salt Lake City event. Can anyone find more information about the event he organized?

Did KL attend? Was AA using this activity as a lure for female attendance after seeing the success of the Women's Marches?
The Event Organizer label means nothing. 1,256 out of 1,264 members are "Event Organizers." #Resist: Salt Lake City (Salt Lake City, UT)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this person approach the reporter to find out if she knew where LE was taking AA? The reporter then ferreted out more info from him. It also makes sense that he wanted to remain anonymous because of how he knew ML. I guess I don't see any reason, at least not yet, to doubt him.
If he went on camera, I’d be a lot more skeptical than I am.

I think it’s more probable that he is being truthful, than he is lying here.
Yeah, he didn't really provide any details. He said he had a bad feeling about him. Anyone that knew him probably would say the same.
The reporter may have asked if he ever talked to her about that and maybe he indicated that he did.

The woman that cleaned his house and talked about all the cameras provided a lot more detail than he did. She may have been lying for all we know. Imo

We had some friends that were verified sleuthers here that didn’t recognize him and I recall another friend said he wasn’t her type.

With all due respect to her friends, they didn’t even know what kind of car KL drove, so we don’t know what parts of her life they were involved in or not and how much. If that makes sense. MOO.

Edited for grammar.

I believe him. He wasn't one of her circle of friends in college, he was one of her on-line connections.

He refused to give his name or be interviewed. He was visably shaken and angry. It doesn't sound like he was faking emotion or trying to get attention. He wanted to know where LE was taking the guy to get a look at him and maybe call him a few names. He gave the reporter no specific details, probably out of respect for Kenzie.

It makes sense that she would tell him about AA, and not her friends.
After all, they shared the same type of experience that she had with AA, and she may have been more comfortable telling him things than her own friends. He would be less likely to judge, I would think, while feeling comfortable enough to tell her his mind and feel protective of her. Imo

MOO possibly he gave no name because his story of knowing her well enough to be advising her to avoid AA wouldn't hold up. His statement is about him and how he was right, that is a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member