Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 am at Hatch Park doesn’t seem quite as noteworthy/mysterious to me once I saw an aerial photo.The park's not at all in an isolated area as I assumed from the tone of the discussions.
imo

*With thanks to amanda reckonwith for the MacKenzie Lueck photo bucket archive.

I agree. I remember at the start of this, when we first heard the rumor that she’d been dropped off in a park, I was visualizing a dark woodland, maybe with a river running through, where she could be lost and never found. It was quite a relief to see this small open suburban place.

By the way, I’ve assessed the places where I habitually meet family members for carpooling. They’re all pretty ordinary places in the daytime, but they’d all be creepy at 3:00 am.

So definitely an error on my behalf while I was trying to speed read. I read "tissue" and immediately assumed skin. I still am rather curious as to what tissue was present after burning and wonder how it ties in with the crime itself.

Sorry for the uproar. I'll try and make sure I don't type faster than I read next time.

So definitely an error on my behalf while I was trying to speed read. I read "tissue" and immediately assumed skin. I still am rather curious as to what tissue was present after burning and wonder how it ties in with the crime itself.

Sorry for the uproar. I'll try and make sure I don't type faster than I read next time.
We would all like to know what the tissue is. Unfortunately, LE is not saying. MOO

That's kind of what I assumed as well. They could very well have been "texting" through the app. Maybe we'll find out, maybe not.

It's possible, although the police and family both said they wanted access to her text messages and that no one had her pin code to enter them (so that would have been one of the first warrants). At any rate, the police used the phrase "text messages" in a presser, although apparently that was based on admissions by AA (that he texted her around 6 pm before she flew out of LA).

Warning, graphic:

People have speculated that he could have tried to burn her body, or parts of it, and then gave up and took her up to Logan Canyon, leaving charred tissue at the burn site.

Or, speculation that the ‘tissue’ might have been on a weapon that he used to kill her. Not clear why it would end up in the fire—unless it was something he thought would burn. Baseball bat?

I wonder if the contractor should have contacted the police department regarding a creepy request like this...I guess that there really isn't any law against having a soundproof cement cell, with places to chain people to the wall built in your home.

Great.

As far as I recall, AA had had insurance work done after a small flood in his basement, and the plumber referred the contractor to AA to inspect for drywall damage.

Contractor inspected for drywall damage, and found none. It was then that AA asked contractor to give him a proposal to soundproof a room the size of a closet, where he could listen to music. Then asked for hooks high on the wall for a wine rack -- stating his need to hide his alcohol use from his gf .

What exactly was Contractor to tell the police?

Sure, after AA's very personal interests and allegations were made public, contractor did the right thing to contact LE to share information that may or may not be helpful to the investigation.

MOO

I agree. I remember at the start of this, when we first heard the rumor that she’d been dropped off in a park, I was visualizing a dark woodland, maybe with a river running through, where she could be lost and never found. It was quite a relief to see this small open suburban place.

By the way, I’ve assessed the places where I habitually meet family members for carpooling. They’re all pretty ordinary places in the daytime, but they’d all be creepy at 3:00 am.
It’s Dark and at 3am a park parking lot is mostly likely empty still creepy IMHO I’m a female that could be why

Blaze was brutally murdered, stabbed 20x in a little family Park in Lake Forest an upper class suburban neighborhood with very low crime and one of the safest cities in CA. Crime can happen anywhere. It doesn’t matter what a park looks like in the daytime. It depends on when the predator is lurking there most likely when it’s dark and secluded.

Warning, graphic:

People have speculated that he could have tried to burn her body, or parts of it, and then gave up and took her up to Logan Canyon, leaving charred tissue at the burn site.

Or, speculation that the ‘tissue’ might have been on a weapon that he used to kill her. Not clear why it would end up in the fire—unless it was something he thought would burn. Baseball bat?
all I can think of with a weapon in the fire was if he thought fire would sterilize it, maybe. moo. I think the tissue must have been enough for LE to have reason to think he had killed her. I struggle with would blood or a 1/4 inch piece of tissue or whatever small amount would be enough. I tend to think it was tissue of a type or amount that would say not just a minor injury, that it would have said not compatible with life.

It’s Dark and at 3am a park parking lot is mostly likely empty still creepy IMHO I’m a female that could be why

Blaze was brutally murdered, stabbed 20x in a little family Park in Lake Forest an upper class suburban neighborhood with very low crime and one of the safest cities in CA. Crime can happen anywhere. It doesn’t matter what a park looks like in the daytime. It depends on when the predator is lurking there most likely when it’s dark and secluded.
But considering what we know about the situation, neither the place or the time was the danger factor. As you said, it was the person, the predator, that she was so happy to see. He wasn’t lurking there to surprise her—they made an appointment to meet there.

it's not common to take this long to file charges, correct?

I think it’s quite uncommon. My guess is that they felt they could find her body in that week—and they did!

And they may have presented the judge with enough information to make it clear that this is someone who’s going to be held—no chance of the DA coming in tomorrow and saying: “well, I guess we don’t want to charge him with anything, now.”

I literally can't imagine who I would ever consent to meet at 3AM in a park. No matter where the park was...

I am so sorry for the family of ML.

i agree the park meeting is unusual and i very much want to know why. fwiw, the possible situations ive brainstormed that AA presented to KL regarding this meeting spot are:

-AA fabricated a story about drugs: maybe AA said he was meeting his drug dealer at the park and he didnt know how long it would be so it made more sense for KL to come to the park incase she beat him to his house. imo, theres no reason to speculate hard drug use like heroin or meth or to speculate any type of drug addiction. however, weed/adderall etc are extremely mainstream with young adults. *i would believe this if a friend/trusted person told me this and imo, i think its the most natural lie AA may have told KL*

-AA fabricated a story about a party: maybe AA said there was some type of party/group hang that night but he was meeting some ppl at the park first and going together. therefore, KL should meet there too. this seems like a stretch unless ppl were mutually meeting there for drugs too. but maybe he told her both.

-Threat/Blackmail: There is something dark to their relationship and KL felt she had to meet him.

-Secrecy: We know at least one of KLs friends didnt approve of AA. KL could have not wanted him at her place bc she didnt want her friends finding out and using this to his advantage/depending on how much their social circles overlapped, AA could have said he had friends over as well. This could have taken on some type of "romantic escape" plan to meet in secrecy.

-AA fabricated a story about what was going on at his house: For example, if they were planning to hookup, maybe AA told her he was an air bnb host and he had thin walls so if they wanted to hook up, they needed to meet somewhere public yet still quiet enough for privacy.

in the last two scenarios, im not trying to imply anything negative about KLs intentions with AA, particularly now that we know what a monster he is. but imo, if he put on a good act of a potential guy to date and things were flirty/romantic between them, these scenarios could play out bc many young couples, particularly if they arent official/are casually dating, often try to keep things on the DL before/if they decide to share more with friends.

I think it’s quite uncommon. My guess is that they felt they could find her body in that week—and they did!

And they may have presented the judge with enough information to make it clear that this is someone who’s going to be held—no chance of the DA coming in tomorrow and saying: “well, I guess we don’t want to charge him with anything, now.”
but even after they did they still haven't. I am wondering what else is coming that we aren't seeing.

I am super curious about what the "tissue" is, as well (it was found in the burn pit, they said). Could certainly be skin.

We got sidetracked into the "why" of Kenzie being at the park while discussing the grounds for premeditation. Presumably, this could have been a friendly meeting gone wrong. That's probably what his defense will claim.

Two things intrigue me as much as the 3 am meeting: where does AA get his money?

And why/how does the phone get turned off? The police said both their phones pinged at the park and that hers ceased to ping from then on. But that leaves open both the why of the non-pinging and the possibility that his still pinged.

If he was trying to prevent her phone from being tracked to his house, then he was really stupid to keep his own phone on (if he did - his pinged too, did it stop?). Presumably by now the police have lots and lots of data from his phone use over the past couple of years, whether they'll add any information tomorrow (or whenever they file charges) is making me very impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member