Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several posts back, on the previous thread, someone had given a description of how he approached her on line. He wanted her to meet him at a parking lot, and then he would drive her where ever they were going. She promptly said no, but I'm wondering if this is the set up that "hooked" ML? Perhaps this is his m.o.?
Modus operanti, I believe is the Latin word.
More importantly, does LE have this as a tip?
A response was posted that maybe 90% didn't respond, but even if 10% responded, he would be very busy.

Mackenzie Lueck's body has been found, police say - CNN

SABBM:
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill, who earlier this week was granted an extension to file charges against Ajayi, said at Friday's news conference that his office would move forward with formally filing charges in the "early part of next week."

The investigation, Gill stressed, remains ongoing.

A suspect would typically only be allowed to be held in custody for 72 hours before charges are filed or they must be released. Because of the extension, Gill told CNN, his office has until Wednesday at 5 p.m. local time.

Looks like the DA is going to wait until the 11th hour, 59th minute to file the charges against AA.

I don't know that I've ever seen this happen in a case I've followed.
Can anyone else think of a case they followed where there was this type of request for an extension to file charges after an arrest having been made?

I mean, the DA can always bring more charges later on if/as more evidence comes to light.

Investigations are always ongoing, so I don't see why that would necessitate a delay in charges being filed, either.

What purpose does this extra week serve, I wonder?

JMO.

Last edited:
Several posts back, on the previous thread, someone had given a description of how he approached her on line. He wanted her to meet him at a parking lot, and then he would drive her where ever they were going. She promptly said no, but I'm wondering if this is the set up that "hooked" ML? Perhaps this is his m.o.?
A response was posted that maybe 90% didn't respond, but even if 10% responded, he would be very busy.
I think it was relative to this? @loganlocal ...

Found Deceased - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

I wonder if we'll find out that his car was modified so passengers could not get out?

moo

SABBM:
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill, who earlier this week was granted an extension to file charges against Ajayi, said at Friday's news conference that his office would move forward with formally filing charges in the "early part of next week."

A suspect would typically only be allowed to be held in custody for 72 hours before charges are filed or they must be released. Because of the extension, Gill told CNN, his office has until Wednesday at 5 p.m. local time.

Looks like the DA is going to wait until the 11th hour, 59th minute to file the charges against AA.

Can anyone else think of a case they followed where there was this type of request for an extension to file charges after an arrest having been made?

I mean, the DA can always bring more charges later on if/as more evidence comes to light.

Investigations are always ongoing, so I don't see why that would necessitate a delay in charges being filed, either.

JMO.

I think that at that time, they had not discovered her body. But maybe had strong leads and thought that discovering her body would be extremely helpful in keeping this guy with no bail.

Arrested Friday, hearing Monday, extended for a week, then they found her Wednesday, but did not reveal that until Friday. Right timeline, anyone?

Anyway, point of all of this is: the judge probably will not set bail for AA.

Last edited:

SABBM:

JMO.
My guess would be so they have everything lined up as airtight as possible so the evil man is not able to have a chance yo do this again...EVER! JMO though.

The only reason I can think of for an extension to file charges is that evidence flooded in after the retrieval of the body, so that substantially more can be alleged against the defendant. It's true the DA can always file more, but may want to bolster the existing charges with new evidence.

In some jurisdiction, the defendant has to agree to it (through their attorney) or at least not put up a fight. The defendant's attorney should be given the opportunity to go over all the evidence, which may be one reason they didn't fight an extension.

If I were that defense attorney and the evidence is what it appears to be, I'd be running around trying to assemble a team of experts for the arraignment, which should come next (and could be delayed for a very long time if the evidence keeps piling up).

Could also be further tests of evidence (DNA especially). Do we know that the defense attorney opposed this extension? If not, it's kind of a done deal.

I think it was relative to this? @loganlocal ...

Found Deceased - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

I wonder if we'll find out that his car was modified so passengers could not get out?

moo

BBM:

I've wondered the exact same thing.

It would explain the aggravated kidnapping charges if his vehicle was found to have the passenger's side door handle removed or disabled. He may have done something with the locks, too.

It would increase his level of control over her while he drove.
It would prevent her from being able to jump out of the car.

However, disabling the passenger door would make it more difficult to get her out of the vehicle, as he'd have to drag her across the driver's side.

Of course, if he had a gun, as many of us have speculated that he did, that would be a moot point.

She'd have no choice but to comply with his demand to get out of the vehicle and to do it quietly if she was staring at a gun pointed toward her at point blank range.

JMO.

BBM:

I've wondered the exact same thing.

It would explain the aggravated kidnapping charges if his vehicle was found to have the passenger's side door handle removed or disabled. He may have done something with the locks, too.

It would increase his level of control over her while he drove.
It would prevent her from being able to jump out of the car.

However, disabling the passenger door would make it more difficult to get her out of the vehicle, as he'd have to drag her across the driver's side.

Of course, if he had a gun, as many of us have speculated that he did, that would be a moot point.

She'd have no choice but to comply with his demand to get out of the vehicle and to do it quietly if she was staring at a gun pointed toward her at point blank range.

JMO.

Poor thing, the horror that she must have endured. Put me on the jury. I'll fix him!

He wouldn't have to drag her if he could simply jump out and open her door (she'd have to attempt to crawl across while he did that to escape him). He just opens the door, grabs her by the arm and drags her inside.

Obviously, a gun would make this somewhat easier, but the risk of the victim screaming their head off would be quite real.

Whatever reason she had for interacting with him in the first place and making arrangements to meet him may have been enough to get her all the way to the house.

SABBM:

JMO.
I think this article explains it well. Still, I am tapping my foot as well, GK! Let's get this show on the road... MOO

https://ksltv.com/417105/extension-granted-on-formal-charges-against-lueck-murder-suspect/
[...]

"Here’s the thing. This is a tragic event that happened in our community. The goal here is to now do our due diligence and to do a thorough job,” said Salt Lake County’s District Attorney Sim Gill.

Part of doing that thorough job is sifting through, analyzing, and cataloging all the evidence investigators gathered in the case.

Since investigators worked so fast on the case, prosecutors and law enforcement haven’t really had a chance yet to sit down, screen the case, and go over it all from a prosecution standpoint.

“Law enforcement was actively engaged in that search last week. They’re trying to catch up with all the information that they have gathered. We want to put it together as neatly as we can,” said Gill.

[...]

I think this article explains it well. Still, I am tapping my foot as well, GK! Let's get this show on the road... MOO

https://ksltv.com/417105/extension-granted-on-formal-charges-against-lueck-murder-suspect/
[...]

"Here’s the thing. This is a tragic event that happened in our community. The goal here is to now do our due diligence and to do a thorough job,” said Salt Lake County’s District Attorney Sim Gill.

Part of doing that thorough job is sifting through, analyzing, and cataloging all the evidence investigators gathered in the case.

Since investigators worked so fast on the case, prosecutors and law enforcement haven’t really had a chance yet to sit down, screen the case, and go over it all from a prosecution standpoint.

“Law enforcement was actively engaged in that search last week. They’re trying to catch up with all the information that they have gathered. We want to put it together as neatly as we can,” said Gill.
I believe they are giving 100% to this. I'm so impressed (and thankful) and I know they must all be exhausted both emotionally and physically.

I have no doubt they have (will have) all the evidence they need when the minute comes and don't think they'll stop there.

SLC police department: KUDOS

All moo

Kenzie is in my heart !. Ye gods i live in a different country. Scotland. Never heard of lyft or sugar baby daddy before. I wander about freely around the countryside,
mountains alone no thoughts about safety never crossed my mind!.But just takes one psychotic nut job!.

I had stated a day or so ago that I believe that he could have been posing as the “driver” to take her to meet the SD. If in fact she believed he was the SD himself, I doubt she would have gotten in a car that wouldn’t be consistent with what a wealthy SD would drive. Further, knowing a few SBs myself, most SDs order the high end cars to pick them up in and take them to a swanky pricey hotel. I cannot imagine he was posing as the SD and she got in the car with him much less voluntarily enter a house that was anything less than a 5 star hotel. I feel very convicted on this. MOO no less.

Me too! MOO
Pavers are very expensive my friend has recently got a bunch of estimates.

Where does he get all this money? I used to get all these emails from people that said they were from Nigeria trying to scam me out of money. Could he be doing this? Scamming people maybe not by this method.

Last edited:
Please let Kenzies legacy be that other young ladies never need to tread the path she did! Not victim blaming more she was so nice and trusting. No one wants to discuss why she did what she did. Richer countries hold things and labels importaint. All crap. How do we teach young ones values?

RSABBM:

Whatever reason she had for interacting with him in the first place and making arrangements to meet him may have been enough to get her all the way to the house.

Absolutely.

That scenario is entirely possible.

If that's what happened, and she went willingly with him to his house, then which of them turned off her phone at the park, and why?

Great Salt Lake area holds about 2.4 million people and three major universities, so lots of young people. Also the SD/SB thing is relatively new and emanates out from...California (IMO). Of course it's also on the East Coast. Even 5 years ago, young women who wanted that lifestyle were pretty quiet about it. And it's still quite rare, especially for a woman to be so open about it.

It's an outgrowth of online dating apps, IMO.

Of course, the US has an overall higher murder rate than Scotland or UK or most other places in Europe, sadly.

Please let Kenzies legacy be that other young ladies never need to tread the path she did! Not victim blaming more she was so nice and trusting. No one wants to discuss why she did what she did. Richer countries hold things and labels importaint. All crap. How do we teach young ones values?

By them observing what we DO, not what we say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc