Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and there are buckles on all three of her bags (backpack, suitcase, purse).

LQ2J23NJCBAVTNY6UOZO37T6RI.jpeg
@PommyMommy i put this in the media thread - I know it's going to come up again and again. Buckles were found - black fabric, etc.

Okay so with this new information I have two thoughts.
1. crime of passion...maybe thought they were something more than they were, maybe she ended things with him during the text message exchanges she gets in car he hits her, she dies and he panics
2. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Some secret he was afraid of getting out ( can't even begin to speculate what) and he lured her for the purpose of killing her.

Thoughts guys?
I dont think she was killed in the car. Gut feeling.

I don't understand why so many think she powered off her phone. I don't at all. IMO she did not turn her phone off. I feel sure AA did it. I think it all went bad the second she got in the car
Yes, I agree. Most folks never, ever turn their phones completely off anymore, especially teens and young adults...

I'm thinking she could have been struck more than once, at different times, by different means (back of hand, then with something, etc.). The fatal wound would not necessarily have been the first blow.

FWIW, I think he had to subdue her somehow. How else could he control her?

I suspect he hit her and tried to subdue her. He may have hit her hard enough to knock her out. She may have been alive, but not conscious.

JMVHO. And hope and prayer.

Okay so with this new information I have two thoughts.
1. crime of passion...maybe thought they were something more than they were, maybe she ended things with him during the text message exchanges she gets in car he hits her, she dies and he panics
2. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Some secret he was afraid of getting out ( can't even begin to speculate what) and he lured her for the purpose of killing her.

Thoughts guys?

Her hands were tied behind her back with zip ties.

I think that door is closed (crime of passion), once and for all.

This was clearly premeditated.

AA placed ML's body in Logan Canyon on Jun-25. If there is anything that says police contacted AA prior to the disposal of the body I missed it. Could anyone point that out?
Well, he was interviewed several days before he moved the body so chances are he got worried and decided to hide the rest of her remains after LE questioned him about the text messages. Imo

I hate even typing this much less thinking it...

Could the hole in her head have been caused by the pitchfork?

unlikely. It would probably have been a hand tool of some kind. Flashlight as mentioned. Could have been it. Hammers come to mind. Pipes. Stick. Garage is full of stuff like that. And he probably pulled into the garage when they got home 7 minutes after pickup. She knew what was coming. Fought him. Bam.
Head injury was 2 inches. Pitch fork would have left small holes. Besides, she’d have to lay still while he jammed her.
Come to think of it, there’d be blood evidence somewhere even with inter cranial bleeding. Any medical people know how much blood would spill after 2 inch blow to the head?
If it happened in garage, she didn’t suffer long. Hope so.

So while I'm still trying to put all the pieces together, I'm thinking maybe he thought he would be able to burn her whole body and so he tried. But given that his neighbors were complaining maybe he gave up trying to do the whole thing because he realized it would take longer than he planned so he gave up on trying to burn her completely? Or maybe he tried burning only one part and realized how long it would take and decided not to do the rest? I agree, it is strange to think that he burned her but the zip ties and rope were still in tact as well as her arms (assuming so since they said they were bound) at the least.

BBM:

I think your analysis here is spot on, Yellowmoose.

I think It started to burn ML's body and then panicked when neighbors complained.

I'm so very sorry about your friend.

"Let justice roll down like waters...."

JMO.

Last edited:
The garage has always bothered me as there was so much attention there. I think we may learn something happened there or was found there, I just don't know what. MOO
Me too - I think something went on in the garage - too much time was spent in there IMO for it to NOT be important. I can't remember if the garage was clear enough to park his car in - I will go have a look.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.

@yellowmoose ...sending you every ounce of love, empathy and care possible. My soul aches for you sweet dear...caring hugs to you and yours & Nova. Are you with your support system....? Much needed at this time and times ahead...plenty of compassion for you here as well...you are in my heart...

I am still leaning heavily towards pre-meditated, just really, really poorly thought out/executed.

My theories are still the same 2 (in no particular order)

1 - First face to face meet. His reality didn't match his online personification, she made mention of it, and his fragile narcissist psycho ego couldn't take it (not pre-planned, still pre-meditated)

2- They had some sort of relationship that may have been casual to her, but was not at all casual to him, and while she was gone he learned of her SB profiles... and his fragile narcissist psycho ego couldn't take it (pre-planned, pre-meditated)

Who knows at this point. He may have 'chosen' her for this from the get go.

Psycho! Poor Kenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member