Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my perspective, the DA went down the list of major forensic evidence at this conference. He went in order, and mentioned the car. The car had a strong smell of gas in the trunk and a gas can in the trunk, IIRC.

I think he would have mentioned if there was blood spatter in the car. It's very easy to see (immediately) with luminol. It's the first thing any forensic crew would do, IMO. Since the DA described her likely manner of death (blunt force trauma to the left side of her head, with a sizable hole and missing scalp), I seriously doubt it was in the car.

I also think he took some precautions inside the house or garage (probably garage) so that blood wasn't pooled in any particular place. She may have died quickly (in which case the scalp wound would not have continued to bleed). Coroner thinks she died of internal (brain) bleeding.

I think AA is a sexual sadist and psychopath. I think it's likely she still thought she was meeting up with him for whatever reason she met up with him, up until she got into the house. I think there's a reason he tried to get rid of the mattress (which now has chain of custody issue, obviously, but will still be used as evidence if it contains any).

MOO

Police searching for Mackenzie Lueck converge on Salt Lake home

I think this is still his garage - and someone needs to look at something high up - he's standing on something? I wonder if there is blood spatter up there?

Yes, there are many disgusting human beings here ,but the truth is he got $30,000 to get a free education as a foreign student here. BUT , he lied and lied and never fulfilled his student commitment. He obviously wasn’t the type of individual in good standing that deserved this privilege.
He should have been tracked and made sure he was a full time student and in good standing .He was even caught stealing an ipad on campus and banned from USU!The school should have reported him then instead of turning a blind eye.
There are many foreign individuals who deserve to get education and become wonderful contributing citizens.
With this guy it was apparent early on that he was a liar and criminal and was NOT fulfilling his student visa requirements.
It’s obviously always a case by case situation and this is a perfect example of a person who slipped through the cracks early on but should have been sent back to his country . ML (and possibly others) would still be alive. IMO

Yes - a totally undesirable person. Clever though, only traffic tickets on his record prior to this.

He had a renter from ..(I think it was) June 21st to when the police went to his home on 26th, correct? So he somehow unburied her unbeknownst to the renter? Could the renter have stayed there with her buried and not smelled anything?

Would this be the same renter who said he " slept like the dead"

It would be difficult to bind someone's hands behind their back within the confines of a vehicle.

He either bound her w/ the zip ties outside or in his house, most likely in his house.

JMO.

It would be easier outside the car, but it’s definitely possible that he could have done it inside the vehicle as well.

It would take seconds, and could have been done with force, or with the threat of force (weapon).

I think there could be several reasons to meet up with a relative stranger in a park at 3 am, and a bunch of them have been explored here on WS.

Someone mentioned just yesterday that AA could have used any number of ruses to say he needed to meet her at that park (clearly, he didn't want to pick her up where there were cameras and he didn't want her phone tracking her to his house - he stupidly forgot about his own phone).

Simply put, both of them could have had reasons why they didn't want digital evidence of her being at his house.

There is absolutely no evidence that they had sex or intended to have sex in the park. The DA indicated today that he drove 7 minutes to his house. He was busy driving during those 7 minutes. It's possible she was already incapacitated, surely. But it's also possible that she wasn't.

It would be easier outside the car, but it’s definitely possible that he could have done it inside the vehicle as well.

It would take seconds, and could have been done with force, or with the threat of force (weapon).

Possible. Risky, but possible.

Wish we knew how long that vehicle sat in that parking lot.

Although this article doesn't mentioned the items found in the burn pit, I think it's the most thorough one I've seen today.

Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say
[...]

After she was killed, prosecutors say Ajayi poured gasoline on her body and burned it. Her charred remains were found by police in a shallow grave under a grove of trees in Logan Canyon on July 3.

"Mackenzie's arms were bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope. A 5-centimeter hole was located on the left side of her skull with part of her left scalp missing," according to charging documents filed in 3rd District Court.

An autopsy conducted by the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office determined Lueck died from blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull, "resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging which would have been fatal," the charges state.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill declined to say Wednesday if or what kind of weapon Ajayi might have used to cause a 5-centimeter hole.

[...]

While some questions about what happened to Lueck were answered Wednesday, there are still many that remained unanswered, such as how Lueck and Ajayi first met, his motive, and whether Ajayi ultimately gave police information that led them to her body in Logan Canyon, about 85 miles north of Salt Lake City.

[...]

As for the question of whether the killing was premeditated, Gill reminded journalists that a charge of aggravated murder can be filed in Utah whether there is intent, or whether the defendant acted in such a way that the intent was to kill the victim, but it is not necessarily to prove it was a premeditated action.

[...]

Lueck's cellphone was powered off at 2:59 a.m. and never came back on, the charges state. Forensic evidence collected by police placed Ajayi's cellphone back at his Salt Lake residence, 547 N. 1000 West, at 3:07 a.m., according to charging documents. That's about the time it would take to drive directly to his house in the Fairpark neighborhood from the south Davis County park.

[...]

On June 26, a large number of police officers served a search warrant on Ajayi’s home, collecting multiple bags of evidence. They were also seen digging holes in his backyard near the area where neighbors had previously seen him pouring gasoline on items and burning them.

Police found a human bone, charred muscular tissue, part of a scalp with hair, a cellphone and other charred personal items in the excavation area in Ajayi's yard, according to charging documents. More charred items were found in an alley next to Ajayi's home.

While serving the warrant, a neighbor reported noticing a "horrible smell" that was coming from the fire Ajayi set in his backyard on June 17 and 18, the charges state. Police say further investigation revealed that Ajayi had purchased a gas can at a nearby store at 9 a.m. on June 17, just six hours after picking up Lueck. That gas can was found in the trunk of Ajayi's car, according to police.

[...]

Investigators put DNA evidence they had collected on the fast track to be tested, and on the morning of June 28, a SWAT team surrounded an apartment complex at 1028 S. West Temple and took Ajayi into custody at gunpoint.

As police continued to analyze Ajayi's cellphone data, they learned he was in Logan Canyon on June 25 between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., charging documents state. Investigators found Lueck's remains on July 3.

An initial appearance in court is scheduled for Monday, and a scheduling conference for the high-profile case has already been scheduled for July 29. Ajayi is being held without bail.

With a charge of aggravated murder, Ajayi could potentially face a possible death penalty if convicted. Gill said it was too early to say whether his office would seek the death penalty, and by law that decision doesn't have to be made until after a preliminary hearing and an arraignment.

[...]

Last edited:
how could the phone have been powered down THAT quickly though? Did he convince her to turn it off during the last text? Why would she though, under the circumstances? Did he ask her for her phone immediately and power it down? How could that have happened so quickly - within 60 seconds of her last text and right after the Lyft driver dropped her off? I've role-played, but I can't imagine a scenario that includes turning off your phone. If the phone was off within that 60 seconds, IMO she must have been subdued IMMEDIATELY. Which is premeditated FWIW IMO.

MOO if someone is threatening and/or pointing a gun at another person, demanding the putting on restraints or going somewhere else, they have plans of something terrible for their victim.
Hopefully she fought, even if she paid for it by being killed by a blow to the head.

I just needed to stop by this thread and drop JMO that after reading those documents/charges, I have no doubt that AA is a sociopathic self-entitled monster. The fact that her phone was powered down at 2:59 and he was already back home at 3:07 lets me know just how raring to go he was. What a predator. Truly deserves to be locked away from society and endure long lasting torture in prison daily for about 50 years, then should be put to death like the rabid animal he is.

I certainly hope not but I've been wondering about the possibility that he burnt her only belongings at first, and that she was still alive (reason for zip ties) for awhile...

He’d need the zip ties anyway, no matter how long she was alive.

I don’t think her being zip tied, extends the amount of time she was living.

I think its far more likely that her body was burned, beginning at the time of the initial fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke