Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only read about 20 comments about the press conference, and it is making me sick, what he did to her.

I am so sorry for Kenzie, her family, friends, and kitty. I can't imagine having to listen to that crap that he did to her- the emotions have to be so overwhelming to them all. I can't even listen to it, and I didn't know the poor woman.

I'm not so sure I can stay in this thread anymore. I am grateful she has been found, so her family and friends can give her a decent burial and grieve her loss.

I just can't believe what I read. It's so sick. I can't read anymore. I just can't.

You are right about that. I grew up in a very small town. Not sheltered by my parents, just by growing up in a small town. My experience happened so long ago (late 1970's), I don't even remember where I was. It was either in El Paso or San Angelo. I met these coeds and asked them how they could afford buying all their pretty clothes and how did they afford university. Because I wanted to go to university also. My parents were not supportive. These ladies told me that they had older, rich men paying for their clothes and schooling. I don't think SD/SB was coined back then.

All of this is purely my personal view-through observation and experience-so please don't attack me-we are all entitled to our views-
First of all the above statement is so true. I am middle age and have friends/and know of others who have had Sugar Daddy relationships. They have been put through college, taken on trips, given jewelry and clothing, and yes-cash. These Sugar Daddy websites are definitely not illegal, and furthermore-they give you tips on keeping yourself safe. They acknowledge that yes, you need to be careful.
So many people have judged her and think it's all "morally wrong". <modsnip> So she was a very pretty girl and found a way to be spoiled, that's all I think. I don't believe she was a prostitute at all.
Furthermore-terrible attacks, murders and scams have also come about from meetings on "legit" dating websites-in fact I believe that is WAY more common.

My opinion is that Mackenzie probably initially was contacted by him on one of these sites-where he portrayed himself as having much more money, and being way more successful than he truly is. It is so sadly unfortunate that she did not be careful-such as meeting in a public place-during daytime hours. That's the thing I wish she had done differently. The rest happened because he is a psychotic maniac. I hope he gets the death penalty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why so many think she powered off her phone. I don't at all. IMO she did not turn her phone off. I feel sure AA did it. I think it all went bad the second she got in the car
For me, it's because it happened SO fast. Last text at 2:58, Lyft arrival at 2:59, phone off at 2:59, so really seconds after her arrival at the park, not even a minute.

8 minutes for one route, yes. We don't know which one he took but either way, he made it in about 7 minutes. It wouldn't take more than a minute to get someone who is ML's size in the trunk. If necessary, we'll have @MassGuy conduct an experiment. :)
Especially if she was already leaning in, putting her luggage in there...:(

Would this be the same renter who said he " slept like the dead"

Well that guy checked out earlier in June. Was this guy ever identified? I can’t remember if he was questioned? Surely? Wasn’t there a video of him walking up during the livestream? I think people compared the faces of the two guys and thought it wasn’t the same renter? Anyone want to validate my memory?

Ironically, through these pressers we’ve never heard evidence being gathered from cameras anywhere. His doorbell, bedroom, street cameras, other neighbors doorbells, etc. I wonder why? Not needed? Or sad details?

Y'all don't forget LE knows WAY more than they tell us in the pressers. Blood in the car? In the house, garage etc???

I'm sure what was revealed today is mere fraction of the incriminating evidence they have discovered.

We already knew there was more to it since they were able to tell us she was deceased after finding the charred tissue.

Look how much they managed to keep from the public until today!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I've truly been shocked with every presser and wonder what is next to come out?

Last edited:
All of this is purely my personal view-through observation and experience-so please don't attack me-we are all entitled to our views-
First of all the above statement is so true. I am middle age and have friends/and know of others who have had Sugar Daddy relationships. They have been put through college, taken on trips, given jewelry and clothing, and yes-cash. These Sugar Daddy websites are definitely not illegal, and furthermore-they give you tips on keeping yourself safe. They acknowledge that yes, you need to be careful.
So many people have judged her and think it's all "morally wrong". Yet if many of these people were actually honest-they certainly wish they could have these luxuries themselves, but will NEVER admit it! So she was a very pretty girl and found a way to be spoiled, that's all I think. I don't believe she was a prostitute at all.
Furthermore-terrible attacks, murders and scams have also come about from meetings on "legit" dating websites-in fact I believe that is WAY more common.

My opinion is that Mackenzie probably initially was contacted by him on one of these sites-where he portrayed himself as having much more money, and being way more successful than he truly is. It is so sadly unfortunate that she did not be careful-such as meeting in a public place-during daytime hours. That's the thing I wish she had done differently. The rest happened because he is a psychotic maniac. I hope he gets the death penalty!!

Definitely possible.

The nature of their relationship is still an open question, but there is nothing that excludes him from masquerading as a potential SD.

He could have lied about his age, his financial situation, as well as his intentions.

These apps and sites don’t typically vet the identities of their members, and nothing prevents someone from basically pretending to be, whatever the hell they want to be.

It would have been relatively easy for him to do that.

ETA: If anyone has the A&E App through their cable provider, there’s a special called “Dating App Horror: The Untold Story.”

I watched it last night, and it’s pretty shocking and enlightening.

I've only read about 20 comments about the press conference, and it is making me sick, what he did to her.

I am so sorry for Kenzie, her family, friends, and kitty. I can't imagine having to listen to that crap that he did to her- the emotions have to be so overwhelming to them all. I can't even listen to it, and I didn't know the poor woman.

I'm not so sure I can stay in this thread anymore. I am grateful she has been found, so her family and friends can give her a decent burial and grieve her loss.

I just can't believe what I read. It's so sick. I can't read anymore. I just can't.
I understand. Please take care.

He could have shown her a gun or knife as soon as she got in the car and told her to hand over her phone.

Until otherwise proven, I'm still on the side that her phone turning off at 2:59 AM was a coincidence or had another logical reason (didn't want to be bothered/low battery). I think this was probably some kind of bondage/sex session that went bad - she wanted out or screamed and he became enraged and killed her. Nothing about running out at 9:00 AM to buy a can of gas or trying to burn a body in your own backyard... his phone pings... or additional messaging evidence screams premeditation, to me.

Could be that he's just really dumb or insane... but like I said, I'm leaning more towards the above scenario.

So for my more familiar with LE and court processes friends, can you explain the initial appearance and the scheduling conference? Is the initial appearance the same thing as the arraignment or are they different? And are they typically open to the public? Also any clarification on what the scheduling conference does/is? TIA. This stuff is all out of my wheelhouse.
This should help. :) If it doesn't, I'll find another one.
What is the criminal court process in Utah? | Intermountain Legal

Utah-Criminal-Court-Process-Intermountain-Legal-2159-S-700-E-Ste-240-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84106-Criminal-Defense-Attorney-Lawyers-622x1024.jpg

[...]

4. Initial Appearance. (Class A Misdemeanors & Felonies Only) The Court officially notifies a person of the charges against him or her. The Court may also decide if a bail should be set and if any no contact orders for witnesses should be issued. The Court then sets a date for a scheduling conference or waiver hearing.

5. Scheduling Conference / Waiver Hearing. (Class A Misdemeanors & Felonies Only) After both sides have an opportunity to review the evidence, the Prosecutor and Defense Attorney attempt to negotiate a case settlement. A judge may refuse to accept the settlement but usually will accept any agreement reached by the two sides. If the case is not settled, the case will be set for a Preliminary Hearing or for Arraignment.

6. Preliminary Hearing. (Class A Misdemeanors & Felonies Only) The Prosecutor presents evidence to show that there is enough evidence to “bind over” the case for trial. If the judge believes that there is enough evidence to go to trial for each of the charges, the Court will set the case for a Pretrial Conference or a Trial. If the judge believes that there is not enough evidence, the Court will dismiss the case.

7. Arraignment. The judge reads the charges. The Defendant must then enter a plea. A judge may also decide if any no contact orders for witnesses should be issued. If the Defendant pleads guilty or no contest, the case is set for Sentencing. If the plea is not guilty, the case is set for a Pretrial Conference.

[...]

Until otherwise proven, I'm still on the side that her phone turning off at 2:59 AM was a coincidence or had another logical reason (didn't want to be bothered/low battery). I think this was probably some kind of bondage/sex session that went bad - she wanted out or screamed and he became enraged and killed her. Nothing about running out at 9:00 AM to buy a can of gas or trying to burn a body in your own backyard screams premeditation, to me.

Could be that he's just really dumb or insane... but like I said, I'm leaning more towards the above scenario.

Yeah, but if you have intentions that are not nefarious ones, then there is no reason to meet in that park in the first place.

His house was minutes away.

Police should not be allowed to just get phone records of anyone without a judge okaying it, iMO. If that were to happen, we'd be back to juries being led to forego a conviction due to police "manipulating" evidence. Nope.

A warrant is needed, it's a good thing, and that's the way it should stay. It did not take long to get the search warrants. I think the police knew she was likely already dead. The neighbors reporting fires on the morning after her disappearance would have been a big tip-off. I think the whole neighborhood knew. I mean, seriously, what would you think if the police came to a neighbor's house looking for a missing woman and you knew they'd had a burn pit the day after she went missing? It was a big story.

To keep safe, people can leave their cell pins with a trusted person...which gives immediate access. Buddy system is the best protection.
I don't even have a PIN on my cell phone. Does that mean if I went missing, LE could have immediate access to my phone?

From my perspective, the DA went down the list of major forensic evidence at this conference. He went in order, and mentioned the car. The car had a strong smell of gas in the trunk and a gas can in the trunk, IIRC.

I think he would have mentioned if there was blood spatter in the car. It's very easy to see (immediately) with luminol. It's the first thing any forensic crew would do, IMO. Since the DA described her likely manner of death (blunt force trauma to the left side of her head, with a sizable hole and missing scalp), I seriously doubt it was in the car.

I also think he took some precautions inside the house or garage (probably garage) so that blood wasn't pooled in any particular place. She may have died quickly (in which case the scalp wound would not have continued to bleed). Coroner thinks she died of internal (brain) bleeding.

I think AA is a sexual sadist and psychopath. I think it's likely she still thought she was meeting up with him for whatever reason she met up with him, up until she got into the house. I think there's a reason he tried to get rid of the mattress (which now has chain of custody issue, obviously, but will still be used as evidence if it contains any).

MOO
If she went willingly to his house, I'm wondering if she thought - why didn't I just take the Lyft to your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke