Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t have to be inside the car it was at park no one there and fake cameras. There could have been a struggle outside the car. She was a thin girl. You can bet he had, a hammer, a pipe, bat, a big maglite flashlight like cops carry whatever in his car to Incapacitate her.

Why though? Why in the car straight away?
Seems unlikely, when this guy is a sex pest. He'd likely take her home, everything is fine, phone is off so she isn't disturbed, doesn't have to answer anymore texts. Disagreement occurs in the throes of some sexual encounter or attempt at a sexual encounter.
As per the Utah statute ;
(b) acts with intent:

• (i) to hold the victim for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage, or to compel a third person to engage in particular conduct or to forbear from engaging in particular conduct;

• (ii) to facilitate the commission, attempted commission, or flight after commission or attempted commission of a felony;

• (iii) to hinder or delay the discovery of or reporting of a felony;

• (iv) to inflict bodily injury on or to terrorize the victim or another;

• (v) to interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function; or

• (vi) to commit a sexual offense as described in Title 76, Chapter 5, Part 4, Sexual Offenses.

There's literally no reason for him to whack her in the car, when it's pretty obvious that he wanted some kind of sex.

I don't think he hit her over the head in the car either. It's so unlikely with the torque that is required to cause a decent penetrating head injury, as is evidenced by the 5cm fragment of skull missing.
Nevermind the fact that if a wound is to that degree, you will likely have brain matter coming out. Her scalp was gone. He is going to have to carry her inside the house with brain matter and blood leaking from her head? The police would have seen evidence of that on the driveway, no matter how hard this creep tried to scrub it away. It would have leaked *everywhere*.
It's just isn't logically or logistically reasonable.

Given that he gave away the mattress, he probably had some kind of sex with her or had her on the bed, committed the "kidnapping" aspect in conjunction with this and then in some kind of rage - he belted her over the head.

JMO, but logically and by the letter of the Utah State law, I just can't see how any of it occurred any other way.

I’m listening to the DA again. Someone asks him about the motive. He says that issues of motivation will come out as they go through the legal process. He doesn’t say anything like ‘we may never know.’ I suspect that they think they already know.

I don't think so, at least not from the autopsy. If they can figure out at what point the blow to the head was delivered they might have an approximate time, but not an exact time of death.
It may have been some time between 3:00 am and maybe 9:00 am, if she was dead when he bought the gas can. Imo
From my perspective, the DA went down the list of major forensic evidence at this conference. He went in order, and mentioned the car. The car had a strong smell of gas in the trunk and a gas can in the trunk, IIRC.

I think he would have mentioned if there was blood spatter in the car. It's very easy to see (immediately) with luminol. It's the first thing any forensic crew would do, IMO. Since the DA described her likely manner of death (blunt force trauma to the left side of her head, with a sizable hole and missing scalp), I seriously doubt it was in the car.

I also think he took some precautions inside the house or garage (probably garage) so that blood wasn't pooled in any particular place. She may have died quickly (in which case the scalp wound would not have continued to bleed). Coroner thinks she died of internal (brain) bleeding.

I think AA is a sexual sadist and psychopath. I think it's likely she still thought she was meeting up with him for whatever reason she met up with him, up until she got into the house. I think there's a reason he tried to get rid of the mattress (which now has chain of custody issue, obviously, but will still be used as evidence if it contains any).

MOO
I think he could have knocked her unconscious outside the car then took her back to his place knowing she would not go willingly to have his way with her alive or dead. This guy is a sick perverted monster.

If she planned on going to his house willingly which I don’t believe for one second wouldn’t she have questioned and thought how strange this was a single unmarried guy not have Lyft take her straight to his house only 6 min away from the park.

This just does not make any sense to me. Why Why Why? Was he blackmailing her to lure her in? I just don’t understand why?

I watched the PC earlier today however this is my first opportunity to post.

Sigh...it's just as horrible as I thought and I am sure that more gruesome details will be revealed over time.

Ted Bundy was very adept at disabling his victims either in the car or just outside of his car. He typically used a tire iron and hit his victims in the head. He also slapped handcuffs on them. I just finished watching the Bundy Tapes on Netflix and found Carol DaRonch's testimony and interviews fascinating. If AA was looking to disable ML quickly he may have gone the same route.

Head wounds bleed like crazy even if they're not lethal. Blood splatter or pooling must have been found somewhere.

I am speechless that it appears he actually tried to cremate ML's entire body. Speechless. What a moron. In his own backyard no less. I have no words for this.

I am even more speechless that AA's phone pinged in Logan Canyon. How stupid can you be, especially when you are purported to be an IT guy? OMG! Come on! SMH

He had no exit strategy. I wonder if she died before she was supposed to or that it came as a surprise. Maybe his plan was to keep her alive and captive for a long period of time. It's been done before. Even if he didn't have his special "room", it could have been his longterm plan and something went wrong. His roommate claimed he had a volatile temper. Maybe ML didn't play along as he wanted. His temper may have taken over. I shudder at the thought. He was disorganized and had no plan to get rid of the body. I am convinced this is his first kill.

This may be as simple as ML was catfished. She thought she was meeting with someone she wanted to be with and it turned out that she met up with evil beyond words.

This guy is evil personified. I am so glad LE found ML's body without his co-operation. Game over buddy - you are done like dinner.

MOO

As for the question of whether the killing was premeditated, Gill reminded journalists that a charge of aggravated murder can be filed in Utah whether there is intent, or whether the defendant acted in such a way that the intent was to kill the victim, but it is not necessarily to prove it was a premeditated action.

Gill also stressed that the case is still ongoing and active.

"It has not come to a conclusion," he said.

Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say

Lueck began texting Ajayi on the evening of June 16, before she flew into Salt Lake City after attending a family member’s funeral in California, Salt Lake police say. She also exchanged texts with Ajayi on the morning of June 17 after landing, the charges state. Her last text to him was at 2:58 a.m., one minute before her Lyft dropped her off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake, according to investigators.

Police found a human bone, charred muscular tissue, part of a scalp with hair, a cellphone and other charred personal items in the excavation area in Ajayi's yard, according to charging documents. More charred items were found in an alley next to Ajayi's home.

As police continued to analyze Ajayi's cellphone data, they learned he was in Logan Canyon on June 25 between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., charging documents state. Investigators found Lueck's remains on July 3.

Snipped:
Police found a human bone, charred muscular tissue, part of a scalp with hair, a cellphone and other charred personal items in the excavation area in Ajayi's yard, according to charging documents. More charred items were found in an alley next to Ajayi's home.

Here's another article that states they found the same things in his home.
I'm not sure if this was just poor wording, or not.
My guess is yes, because I don't know why he would have taken parts of her charred body back in the house.
I do think he may have taken the part of her scalp out of his house after he burned her body, because imo there wouldn't have been hair on the scalp if he burned that piece at the same time he burned the body. I believe she was killed in the house, and not in his car, but that's jmo. Mackenzie Lueck's alleged killer is formally charged as prosecutors reveal more crime scene details
snipped:
A search of Ajayi’s home before his recent arrest uncovered a human bone, charred muscle tissue and part of a scalp with hair on it, Gill said.

Catch me up - AA was in contact with ML before the incident? That's news to me.

jmo
Well, all we know for sure is that he was texting with her the day before.
We don't know how they met or how long they knew each other.
A reporter who talked a friend of hers claimed she met AA on a dating App. He had her profile picture from a dating app so they may have connected that way or maybe he just had it in his phone.
Kenzie was open about dating casually so we don't know if he was someone she knew for awhile or he was someone she never even met in person yet, but was just communicating with before she agreed to meet him.
She must have felt comfortable enough to meet him at that hour in an isolated spot, though. Imo

Last edited:
What reason do you think he gave her for meeting at the park if she went to his house willingly, especially once she saw that the house was closer to the airport and in the airport direction?

So they drove miles back towards the airport to get to his house? That is strange. I wonder what she did think of that.

If the murder occurred on 6/17 and AA did not dispose of the body until 6/25, what was he doing that whole week with the body?

On 6/25 he contacted an attorney, after speaking to police who mentioned cryptically that the last person (AA) who texted her was cooperating. Next day 6/26, the police descended on his property.

Websleuths have surmised that AA guessed on 6/25 he was the prime suspect. Only then does he get rid of the remainder of the body.

What was happening during that week?.

I think he spent the week believing he got away with the perfect murder.

JMO

Snipped:

Here's another article that states they found the same things in his home.
I'm not sure if this was just poor wording, or not.
My guess is yes, because I don't know why he would have taken parts of her charred body back in the house.
I do think he may have taken the part of her scalp out of his house after he burned her body, because imo there wouldn't have been hair on the scalp if he burned that piece at the same time he burned the body. I believe she was killed in the house, and not in his car, but that's jmo. Mackenzie Lueck's alleged killer is formally charged as prosecutors reveal more crime scene details
snipped:
A search of Ajayi’s home before his recent arrest uncovered a human bone, charred muscle tissue and part of a scalp with hair on it, Gill said.

I wonder if Gil just used home as all inclusive, like “at his house” but actually he means anywhere on his property?

Seems unlikely, when this guy is a sex pest. He'd likely take her home, everything is fine, phone is off so she isn't disturbed, doesn't have to answer anymore texts. Disagreement occurs in the throes of some sexual encounter or attempt at a sexual encounter.

There's literally no reason for him to whack her in the car, when it's pretty obvious that he wanted some kind of sex.

I don't think he hit her over the head in the car either. It's so unlikely with the torque that is required to cause a decent penetrating head injury, as is evidenced by the 5cm fragment of skull missing.
Nevermind the fact that if a wound is to that degree, you will likely have brain matter coming out. Her scalp was gone. He is going to have to carry her inside the house with brain matter and blood leaking from her head? The police would have seen evidence of that on the driveway, no matter how hard this creep tried to scrub it away. It would have leaked *everywhere*.

Given that he gave away the mattress, he probably had some kind of sex with her or had her on the bed, committed the "kidnapping" aspect in conjunction with this and then in some kind of rage - he belted her over the head.

JMO, but logically and by the letter of the Utah State law, I just can't see how any of it occurred any other way.
If it's all about a rage that arose during sex, I'm not sure he would have had a pipe or hammer handy.

I think it's quite possible that he preferred a subdued, controlled, or even incapacitated victim, particularly if she didn't realize his house was the destination. He would not have wanted a hassle or upset victim in a moving car. That doesn't mean he inflicted the blow to the head at that time. He could have gotten her under control in any number of ways. I do wonder about the two types of bindings. I don't believe he needed them for transport. That's just more work with a body that he already failed to destroy in his bumbled burn attempt. Behind the back strikes me as part of his heinous crime.

Excellent post and this is how I see it too. AA did not use all his wiles to get her there just to kill her immediately and have the disposal of a corpse to deal with.

He had a sexual motivation. Maybe killing her was always part of it...maybe not. But I don’t think he attacked her in anyway in that car. Too soon. IMO.

I just don't believe she would meet up at 3:00 am in a park with someone she'd just met online that day, especially without notifying someone first. Also, if the shaking man is to be believed, she'd already told him about AA and so must've been in contact with him previously.
I wonder if there had been a planned first time meeting between AA and KL that had to be cancelled due to going to her grandmother's funeral. He might have convinced her to meet him in person as soon as she returned, maybe including some pretense of offering comfort.

Just getting caught up again today. MacKenzie's threads move so fast.

I'm also confused about hair, zip ties, and rope NOT burning.

And as others have speculated, I'm also wondering if the fatal blow occured at the home. At first the car made sense, due to her phone being turned off so quickly. But it seems all evidence mentioned is coming from the property vs the vehicle.

Also, he got rid of those mattresses for a reason. I suppose he could have put a dead body on it, but I think that's doubtful. It would have required him to bring her down a flight of stairs if that set came from his rental rooms or he put her on his own bed afterwards. I just don't feel that's the case. I'm thinking either she had been there previously for consensual sex or that night began as consensual sex or more than likely, a sexual assault occured there that evening.

I don't feel she suffered for a long period of time due to the dates the neighbors have for the fires, however I don't think it began and ended in the car either. (I hate typing that)

KSL 5 TV on Twitter
Police remove doors from the home of Ayoola Ajayi, suspect in the death of 23-year-old #MackenzieLueck. https://ksltv.com/category/lueck
D_Jq6P3UcAE5NOQ.jpg

6:30 PM - 10 Jul 2019
So they are back? Is he talking or did they miss something ? If they took the door IMO it’s because there is DNA - if he isn’t talking perhaps they are doing a painstaking analysis to determine what happened sequentially once she stepped foot in his vehicle ? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes