Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she felt comfortable with him, dress-up and makeup might have been planned for in his home, rather than in an airport bathroom.

Consider which one would have sounded preferable to her, based on what she believed, not based on what we know now.

In this scenario, she would definitely have had to be VERY comfortable with him.

Tue Jun 25, 12.40 pm: Source Fox13 : LE has obtained a warrant for her phone records and is expecting to get them for her bank and social media accounts.
Tue Jun 25, 12.59pm: LE releases photos of ML at airport
I feel THIS was the turning point for AA. I don't think LE got the warrant for AA's phone until they saw ML's records and extracted his phone as the one with last contact. When LE spoke with him the morning of the 25th (don't know if it was at his house or the police station - I'm going to assume the station so as not to let on what they knew or not)......they said the party was being 'cooperative'. That was a tiny carrot to give AA just enough rope, until they got the warrant approved for his house and cell phone and everything else. They knew when they dug up the hole and only found partial tissue - the rest of the body was missing. AA may have had the body stored in the garage to dispose of already, his phone was pinged btwn 2:30 & 4:30 - but I don't think that includes the time he took to drive up to Logan and back home.

HOLD UP. Got to point something out. I don't think they met for sex guys. One thing to remember is that they got this asshat on an aggravating kidnapping charge before they even found her body. There must be something in the text messages that indicates she didn't go with him willingly or maybe even something that indicates she thought she was meeting him for a different reason, maybe even possibly threatened. I was looking up what Aggravating Kidnapping means and this came up on Google:

I can't help but wonder if he was stalking her online and maybe feared her into meeting up with him. Even @yellowmoose said back when this all started she couldn't see Kenzie meeting him willingly. Something must have made her go there for them to get him on that kidnapping charge.

BBM. That's what I've believed ever since they arrested the guy. They know he lured her to the park.

JMO

It might be a generational disconnect, but I am pretty connected to millennials, having a few kids that age.

I dont understand why she would turn off her communication device when she was climbing into a car with someone she had never met in real life. Millennial or Baby Boomer, it doesn't make a lot of sense, to me anyway.

Do we know for sure she had never met him in real life?

<modsnipped quoted post>
I don't think I am qualified to say what is and isn't normal.

What I can say that Tinder is a very popular app. And that SeekingArrangements (and similar) are very popular services. They operate openly and advertise on primetime media. If it wasn't becoming more acceptable then I doubt that would be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know she wasn't meeting AA for breakfast? Women do have friendships with males and sex isn't involved. I don't believe sex or money was on KL's mind. I think she thought she was meeting up with someone she thought she knew.

JMO
This is so true. Men and women don’t seem to think alike. Men always think about sex and think that’s all we want.

When I was in my early twenties in college I went to breakfast with male friends in a pinch to a 24/hr coffee shop or fast food.

Her phone may have been turned off before getting into his car.
She may have turned it off herself as soon as her Lyft ride pulled into the parking lot.
Lyft records show she was dropped off at approximately 2:59 and her phone was powered off at 2:59, per the charging documents.

Her last text to him was just one minute prior to that.

It's possible she turned off her phone per some agreed-upon arrangement upon arrival at the parking lot and seeing his vehicle there.

JMO.

Or she just turned it off since she shouldn't need it anymore that night now that she'd reached her destination for the time being?

(So she thought) (Horrid monster he is)

It might be a generational disconnect, but I am pretty connected to millennials, having a few kids that age.

My young daughter has to travel alone for business, and has lots of meetings with people she knows only 'online', and then meets up in real life eventually for work purposes.

Instead of turning her phone off at that time, she texts me to tell me where and when she has that meeting , and then I know I can expect to hear from her at some point afterwards to check in.

I dont understand why she would turn off her communication device when she was climbing into a car with someone she had never met in real life. Millennial or Baby Boomer, it doesn't make a lot of sense, to me anyway.

Because she wasn't scared of him. He hadn't hurt her yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc