Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just makes no sense to do the things that he's done. Who leaves stuff in the alley to just be found?
This guy for one.

None of this makes sense to a person who is somewhat intelligent, and thinking logically.

If this behavior made any sense to us, that probably wouldn’t be a good thing.

I do think some of it can be attributed to panic, and a rush to dispose of evidence.

That doesn’t explain the rest though.

This is the thing that bugs me, as it goes to his state of mind (highly disorganized). Or, perhaps he thought he was invincible and that the window of police taking an interest had passed. I will say that I'm doubtful that he followed true crime stories very much or at all.

Perhaps he was outright psychotic by then.
It is as if he just didn't care to cover his tracks- I mean thank goodness- but I cannot figure out where his mind may have been during this whole brutal and sick ordeal and the aftermath.

View attachment 193610
The boots are all I can make it. They are in the lower left corner sitting like a pair.
The other black item looks like a black crossbody bag. I can see the strap. That could be a bag she wore at the funeral perhaps with a dress. It’s not the same bag she had at the airport. I usually bring two purses when I travel.

It is as if he just didn't care to cover his tracks- I mean thank goodness- but I cannot figure out where his mind may have been during this whole brutal and sick ordeal and the aftermath.

He seemingly did make an effort to cover his tracks in his pre-crime behavior.

This effort was ultimately unsuccessful, but he tried his best. :eek:

I think it’s probably a mistake to look at what he did to pull off the murder itself, and conflate that with the coverup effort.

It was the fact that he texted her that led to his identification, but it was his attempt to destroy and remove evidence, that was the really sloppy part.

He had a plan to commit this crime, and that part went off as he intended (ignoring his huge mistake). This part was organized.

It was the rest of it that will ultimately bury him (disorganized).

ETA: Clarification between fact and opinion.

Last edited:
Someone who is careless. I don't think he placed them there; more than likely, he dropped them. MOO

I agree -- he dropped them. I believe much of AA's activity with evidence and his vehicle took place with his car parked in the alley, and not in his front driveway.

He had a huge back garden, and his activity in the alley would not be visible even to anybody inside his own home.

MOO

He did make an effort to cover his tracks in his pre-crime behavior.

This effort was ultimately unsuccessful, but he tried his best. :eek:

I think it’s probably a mistake to look at what he did to pull off the murder itself, and conflate that with the coverup effort.

It was the fact that he texted her that led to his identification, but it was his attempt to destroy and remove evidence, that was the really sloppy part.

He had a plan to commit this crime, and that part went off as he intended (ignoring his huge mistake). This part was organized.

It was the rest of it that will ultimately bury him (disorganized).

Did something new come out in the news, or are you speculating as fact?

The only 2 things I know of are...

1) meeting at the park - which could be something, but we have no idea how/why that was arranged.
2) ML's phone turning off when she got in the car - which we have no idea what the circumstances were and there are plenty of conceivable non-murder plot circumstances that could explain that.

Did something new come out in the news, or are you speculating as fact?

The only 2 things I know of are...

1) meeting at the park - which could be something, but we have no idea how/why that was arranged.
2) ML's phone turning off when she got in the car - which we have no idea what the circumstances were and there are plenty of conceivable non-murder plot circumstances that could explain that.

Great point. There could be a completely innocent explanation for that park meeting, the fact he didn’t pick her up at the airport, and why she wasn’t dropped off directly at his house.

There could also be a completely innocent explanation for her phone going dead, almost as soon as she entered that vehicle.

I’m sure he’s also got a completely innocent explanation for lying to law enforcement about his previous contact with Kenzie (texts and location data).

And those pictures in his phone.

And her partial remains in his backyard.

And his trip to the canyon that led law enforcement to her body.

And all the rest that we aren’t privy to yet.

We’ve been discussing the park pickup for days, and debating whether this was premeditated or not.

Taken as a whole, it isn’t a stretch to see it as an organized effort to make his connection to Kenzie not only a dead end, but nonexistent to begin with.

But no, we won’t know until later as to if he intended this.

@MassGuy

relax.

nobody is saying he's "innocent." it's pretty clear he murdered her, then sloppily (and probably hastily) tried to cover it up. the point you made was that he tried to cover his tracks before the crime... you're right, it has been discussed a lot here. but, as you seemed to be stating it as fact (which it is not) - i wondered if there had been new evidence released.

@MassGuy

relax.

nobody is saying he's "innocent." it's pretty clear he murdered her, then sloppily (and probably hastily) tried to cover it up. the point you made was that he tried to cover his tracks before the crime... you're right, it has been discussed a lot here. but, as you seemed to be stating it as fact (which it is not) - i wondered if there had been new evidence released.

what points to covering before crime IMO is he appears to have set out to avoid cameras at airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member