Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She called her parents to say she’d landed....not that she was “home.” As a parent, in the middle of the night, I want to know my daughter is HOME. But she called “early.”

But perhaps she did that because she didn’t plan to go home. Perhaps someone was supposed to pick her up. But when she calls that person after landing, he says he has car trouble, take a Lyft. In that case, he’d walk out and meet her when the Lyft arrived..and that may be what the driver saw.

It was dark...the “caring” thing to do.

She may have been at her destination..where she intended to stay the rest of the night. I’d be most interested in the people who live in those townhomes.

Are there really that many Lyft riders at 3am on a Monday morning that he immediately got other customers? Something isn’t sitting right with this.

I’ve requested Uber many times at that hour. When you need to be at the airport 2 hours early and the flight takes off early, that is a good time to use a ride share. But any time I log in to my app, I see lots of drivers nearby me. IMO they wouldn’t be out driving around if there was nobody using the service.

Although it does some odd to some I can tell you as a Lyft driver myself that many request come in 24/7 there are people working all hours of the day and night along with other reasons. I myself do a lot of airport runs and get plenty in the middle of the night then catch a few rides from late night shift workers. So this doesn't seem odd to a fellow driver at all. But you never know. I would still keep the driver on the mind until she is found.

Does the driver get the rider's destination after pickup ? Also aren't you tracked by gps ? Why are you thinking it might be the driver ? Thank you !

Thanks to all for letting me review this before bed. It clears the mind....

A 23 year old is delivered to a dark, deserted location with broken cameras, at three AM. Lyft driver had her in vehicle from 242 to 259 am.
Lyft driver saw meet up person at the park; and apparently a sketch is being worked? (Reason for delay..?...)

One thing for sure. The person Kenzie met...if she did... is not about "love", not romance, and not a true friend.

The time and location is too cold, too dark , too heartless for this to be a love affair. "Meet me in the park, in a taxi, in the middle of the night."
Who does this, if they care for someone? Hell no!

This meet up ...if it occurred...was business . No doubt in my mind. The type of business is one of the vital questions that needs to be answered.

I am in no way judging the victim; quite the opposite.
My heart breaks at the traps women fall into sometimes, when we are vulnerable.

Have daughters myself. Sending out love to u dear Kenzie... wherever you are tonight. Peace everyone +++

I called in the tip and spoke to an SLCPD officer. I told him about this website, her second insta account and the Ninja Kiwi website with the username and timestamp, he seemed decently interested and asked me to go more into detail on how I found everything and about her other Instagram account. That was about it though
Well Done!!!!! Thank you- you just never know, and that was a great catch!

I also think the Lyft driver is likely in the clear and that a third party is responsible, but it might be worthwhile to explore the idea of the Lyft driver a bit more since he (or she?) is the last person verified to have had contact with Mackenzie.

The only scenario I can come up with that could possibly work for the Lyft driver being responsible is complicated and VERY unlikely, but possible. Say the Lyft driver saw that he got a call from a woman needing to be picked up at the airport that late and he assumed she might be alone, so he calls up a friend to be on standby in case this is a woman they can take advantage of -- again unlikely but possible.

The driver manages to get Mackenzie to the park (which is the opposite way from her house, which she would have known -- maybe she was asleep? maybe he somehow incapacitated her and/or took her phone so she couldn't call for help?) where he meets his accomplice, trades off Mackenzie, and continues to take another ride or two to give himself an alibi while Mackenzie is with his accomplice.

Obviously this is far-fetched and would require a) a prior knowledge that the cameras were down at the park (maybe he lives near by?) and b) two people willing to abduct a young girl who are willing to keep quiet about it during national news coverage.

I don't think this is likely the case -- it usually seems like the simplest scenario is the real scenario in cases like this -- but possible.

ETA: a great big "this is only minimally possible IMO", if I didn't make that clear in the post

That's exactly what my son suggested. That the driver changed the location on ML's phone to the park location, but wouldn't her original location have already been entered and recorded?

I called in the tip and spoke to an SLCPD officer. I told him about this website, her second insta account and the Ninja Kiwi website with the username and timestamp, he seemed decently interested and asked me to go more into detail on how I found everything and about her other Instagram account. That was about it though

Welcome Be54nsCafe.:):):)
Thanks for phoning in your tip.
Any info is valuable in MK's disappearance.

A date in the car itself?

jmo

If the person ML was meeting was male, maybe they just wanted to talk. About future meetings (could be romantic, could just be more friendship-based).

I can see meeting in a vehicle if the male was highly visible in the community, and could not afford to be seen in public with any young female who was not a family friend.

JMVHO.

Does the driver get the rider's destination after pickup ? Also aren't you tracked by gps ? Why are you thinking it might be the driver ? Thank you !

The driver gets the rider's destination at the time the call goes out for the car. So the driver already knows when he accepts the ride where the rider is going.

I don't know how Lyft works so this may seem like a dumb question...when someone requests to be picked up do they also see the drop off address? Is there anyway the Lyft driver could have "helped" her put in the drop off address? Like she gets in the car(and maybe had some drinks on the plane or airport so she is not all 100% coherent) and he uses her phone to put in the drop off location for her.

Although it does some odd to some I can tell you as a Lyft driver myself that many request come in 24/7 there are people working all hours of the day and night along with other reasons. I myself do a lot of airport runs and get plenty in the middle of the night then catch a few rides from late night shift workers. So this doesn't seem odd to a fellow driver at all. But you never know. I would still keep the driver on the mind until she is found.

There are probably not a ton of riders, but probably not a ton of drivers either, so I'm sure they stay busy. I take Lyft a lot and Ive talked to lots of drivers that tell me they work through the night into the morning.

Great! I do find it very interesting and a good catch.

That's exactly what my son suggested. That the driver changed the location on ML's phone to the park location, but wouldn't her original location have already been entered and recorded?

That's what I'm wondering, too. I've only ever used Uber. There have been a few Lyft drivers on this thread though, so maybe this is something they could answer?

Is there any chance of any of the following: **PURE SPECULATION MOO**

ML found out she was pregnant and told the guy while she was in CA and they met up to talk about it and things went very poorly?

OR

ML was feeling unnoticed or not important or not cared about and decided to disappear for a day or two to get people to worry and give her some attention, and nobody reported her missing for what? 4 days? Which didn’t help matters since nobody noticed she was gone, so now she just hiding out like eff you all?

OR

She meant to just hide out with a guy for a bit and she didn’t expect anyone to care. But now that everyone is looking at her and her personal life is being dissected she is just too embarrassed to come back?

These are all just speculative questions and are not facts or even rumors, just ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413