Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad the Lyft driver has stayed out of the media fray, he's dangerous to someone, imo.
Not to mention, they could be in danger themselves, if they are in front of the camera. Hopefully whoever she is with didn't make a note of the model of car, license plate, what the driver looked like. Scary thought.

Venmo shows both outgoing and incoming payments (pending both users have the privacy set to public). It’s very possible she has more payment history that is private. (You can edit each item, too)

(This is lame imo, I wouldn’t want my financial transactions out there, not that I’m hiding anything, but gosh why does everything have to be so darn public these days? I hate it! Why would someone want their payments public, should they elect this feature? Just venting...I wish I could go back in time...:( I hate all this SM crap, moo. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s good for a lot of things, family, friends, work, but...)

That still does not explain why he has not come forward.
At this point we don't know whether there was intent or not, but it might explain why he picked her up at that particular location at that particular time. Imo

I don't necessarily mean something unintended or unplanned, like an accident. I mean more like an argument that led to violence, a drugging, forced kinky sex/rape she wasn't down for - those are crimes. Maybe he didn't intend any of those things to happen when they met up, but they did. Things went south and now he knows he's in big trouble if he steps forward. He's probably hoping he's never caught. Or maybe he panicked and abducted her and doesn't know what to do now - that's at least what I'm hoping for now.

I cant imagine too many college aged adults even knowing what a payphone is. I've flown out of that airport a ton of times, and I couldn't even tell you if there are pay phones or where they would be at. On the other hand, I have landed in other cities with a dead phone and had to sit for 15-20 minutes to charge my phone so I could request a Lyft.
The question was raised about what good would the airport camera's footage of her be. If she was on a pay phone then who was she calling at 2 am Or unlikely, was the call incoming?

I'm 27 and I use Venmo frequently and have used emojis to pay people back for things. If you scroll through the Venmo feed of friends of mine and their transactions, 99% of them are emojis. It is just easier to do that that specifically type what everything is for. A computer most likely means she was paying a roommate a portion of money for internet. A house emoji is often used for rent, a light bulb for electricity, shower head for water, etc. I don't think it is for drugs or anything negative... IMO.

The Venmo is useless... any transaction she wouldn't want people to see would be either be set to private or coded to look like a normal transaction.

Coming from someone who used to buy weed on Venmo lol. Trust me its not going to say "$100 for fun (; " . It'll be set to private or coded as rent or dinner out or something less conspicuous.

Unfortunately, it makes me think that there’s not been any breakthrough—none that they’re willing to discuss, at least. :(
See, and I had just the opposite reaction:

My mind immediately went to the thought that LE may now have information that they want to release sooner rather than later in order to expedite the process of generating useful tips, etc., from the public.

Yes, however I have zero firsthand information to support that Kenzie used drugs. She also paid this commonly talked about person one time using the word "internet" instead of emojis. I am assuming her steady payments to him are to pay for internet/wifi.
I totally understand, but what I don’t understand is why she’d be paying this person for internet? Is he a roommate? @yellowmoose

Someone else paid him and called it internet fibers, another used the plant emoji common for weed.

One thought about the casualness of the outfit - I know at a certain point when I've just gotten comfortable with a new person (date or friend), I just say to myself "F it." If they don't like casual me, they don't deserve to be my friend/in my life. It has to happen sometime. I imagine the person she met at the park she knew - maybe briefly, but she may have reached that point where she decided to show up in casual clothes. I can especially imagine that happening at 3:00am, just after a flight, from an emotionally exhausting weekend.

The Venmo is useless... any transaction she wouldn't want people to see would be either be set to private or coded to look like a normal transaction.

Coming from someone who used to buy weed on Venmo lol. Trust me its not going to say "$100 for fun (; " . It'll be set to private or coded as rent or dinner out or something less conspicuous.
Exactly... because there are apps and api’s tracking those purchases. Likely if someone was a dealer they would say use this code.. do not put in comments.

Coming from someone who used to buy weed on Venmo lol. Trust me its not going to say "$100 for fun (; " . It'll be set to private or coded as rent or dinner out of or something less conspicuous.

(Ah my kind of friend! A friend with weed is a friend indeed!)

Welcome Cyclones22mv :)

My thoughts on digesting this. She got a message while up in the air for an impromptu meetup. Got the message when she landed. There are many rich people on the NSL mountain with very nice homes who are probably lazy enough to just drive down to the park instead of going to the AP. They don’t want a Lyft just showing up at their home, so that park location works. THEN something happened. What, who knows.

This is pretty accurate. As a Uber/Lyft driver, I can say that you do see the passenger's name, but only the first name, no picture. When they request a ride, you have a few seconds to accept, and it only displays their rating, first name and time/distance to their pickup point.

They know the passenger's first name, but that's right, only the passenger can edit their destination or add stops. The driver does not know where the passenger is going at all until they are in the vehicle and they swipe to start the ride.
Thank you so much for that clarification! This was very helpful, and I hope and pray this lays to rest all the silliness about the poor Lyft driver being involved.

I totally understand, but what I don’t understand is why she’d be paying this person for internet? Is he a roommate? @yellowmoose

Someone else paid him and called it internet fibers, another used the plant emoji common for weed.

I have never met Kenzie's roommates so I don't know for sure. Honestly if there was some kind of payments to and from a person she wanted to hide (although I don't know what/why) she would just make the payment private so no one can see it. I think we're reading too much into the venmo. I only use emojis to describe what I'm paying in venmo. And using venmo does not inherently mean you pay for drugs. I don't know why we have these so linked right now. She could be paying this guy for internet which is what I believe. What he does in his spare time has nothing to do with her unless there is a LE backed link between the two of them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413