Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me

Ah, but I don't see her as savvy. I don't think she is as sophisticated as she thinks she is.

jmopinion

I agree. Savvy people don't meet online acquaintances at parks at 3:00 AM. They might meet friends, exes, study-buddy in those circumstances, but not someone they've been texting with online only or even someone they'd dated once or twice.

I dated a guy one time - dinner with his friends, another couple. Everything seemed fine. Next date, he invited me to his (unfinished) house in Malibu. I drove my own car there, and the house was in a canyon, very dark, neighbors far away. Literally, the kitchen didn't even have appliances installed yet and he "cooked" dinner for me on a hot plate (dinner was horrible). I was super uncomfortable the entire time. After dinner, he told me he was going to take a shower and I could join him in the bedroom, which was through an opening cut out in the wall becasue he had no doors yet. I declined and as soon as he went through to the bedroom to "take a shower," I hightailed it out of there. Ran all the way to may car and took off. LOL Looking back, it was not "savvy" of me to go to his house for dinner after just one date. But, yeah, I did stupid things back in the day...

Who’s texting at 2:30am? I’ve done it numerous times with friends. I’ve been on various websites chatting with people also.
Received some interesting pics via text during those hours too.
Some guys wait until their wives go to bed to get frisky online.
JMO

INTERFERENCE. Exactly. The question is: Why interfere?
Why investigate, before there is evidence of wrongdoing?
"She has to be accountable". Whoa!!! Says who? A woman has certain liberties in this nation.
It sounds to me like Mackenzie has been extremely accountable..... for years. If not, she wouldn't have reached Senior status, or held down a job at Grifols.
Maybe ML is exhausted and burned out. Maybe she has found a partner, and they plan to be together....but again,
It's Her Life.

Why investigate? Maybe because a MISSING PERSONS REPORT has been filed and people who know her say this is out of character to vanish? Just a wild-a---ed theory.

If there's been a crime against a young woman, why hasn't the community been given statements of caution?
This is a city with 32,000 students attending University of Utah!

Because the fact that a crime may have been committed against a woman in no way means the public is in danger. In fact, the likelihood is that it is an isolated event:

"In 64% of female homicide cases in 2007, females were killed by a family member or intimate partner. In 2007, 24% of female homicide victims were killed by a spouse or ex-spouse; 21% were killed by a boyfriend or girlfriend; and 19% by another family member."
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvv.pdf

"Among non-IPV [intimate partner violence] related female homicides with known suspects, the victim’s relationship to the suspect was most often that of acquaintance (19.7%), stranger (15.7%), another person known to the victim in which the exact nature of the relationship or prior interaction was unclear (15.2%), or parent (15.2%) (Table 3). Non-Hispanic black victims were significantly more likely to be killed by an acquaintance (29.0%) than were non-Hispanic white victims (14.9%). A/PI and Hispanic victims were significantly more likely to be killed by a stranger (28.6% and 24.1%, respectively) than were non-Hispanic white victims (13.9%)."
Racial and Ethnic Differences in Homicides of Adult Women...

[bbm]

what do you mean by that?

My 23-yr old son has so many friends who are "fifth-year seniors," or living at home, or are back in grad school living off student loans, or who can't find jobs, or who have jobs but can't afford to move out (we're in So Cal - super expensive.). What ML is doing is not unusual or "depressing" at all for someone her age. Sounds like she's on track.

Last known person texting with missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is cooperating with investigation: police
[...]

He continued, “We're combing through all of that digital evidence that we have accumulated through search warrants and looking into her life.”

[...]

When Smith asked if Doubt had access to her digital history, Doubt said, “We do.”

“If you have access to her digital history, was there a moment when she said to someone else, I'll meet you in the park?” Smith asked Doubt.

“We don't have that. We don't have any of that,” Doubt answered. “We know that she was texting someone at the airport and we’re trying to follow up on that right now but with these apps nowadays that you can secure down, that are secret and you can have different identities, it's just really hard to track.”

[...]
So the contact they have is texting ? Is this traditional texting ? My guess is yes because if they are trying to get access to WhatsApp snapchat and all the other apps where you can pm - well that may take awhile IMO- so who is it and are they really cooperating and when ? It’s been so long So why wait to contact LE? Hmmm I do feel something is going on here can’t think what yet!

Young adults and kids are into all kinds of trends that they get caught up in. Most of them grow out of it and consider it an experience, they don't go missing or completely off the grid. I think something has happened to her and I think the police and FBI know way more than they are reporting. It's frustrating to us, but might be good in the search for her. I hope she is ok and and they find her soon.
Oh definitely! Her lifestyle/choices doesn't give someone the right to harm her. She is someone's daughter, sister, friend, loved one.

I am one of those that keeps losing touch with the younger generation. Morals, values, and social norms are what have changed the most. It's hard to relate yet some people of the same generation impress me all the time.
IMHO, there are always more similarities than differences. In any generation or any demographic group or any geographic location, you can find good, bad, horrific, and inspirational. Again, JMO, but I don't think KL's motivations or vulnerabilities are unique from other young women. At least, that's how I look at this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova