Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: unnecessary> I can't help but wonder why the news feels the need to drag this poor girl through the mud.
I could see how only going after older rich men could upset a guy/guys in her past maybe an old flame that cared for and was really into her but wasn’t old or rich enough for her and had built up a deep seated anger and resentment towards her wanted to meet up at the park and talk but lost it while doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's even more depressing when you are living on a Latter Day Saints' dominated campus.... and you have not practiced that faith in years.
Also a dry campus, no alcohol allowed...
She didn't live on campus, fwiw, but off campus. It was discussed awhile back that she lived far enough way that it was out of walking distance and she drove. So, her residence wouldn't be dry.

jmo

In order to get warrants to search her property/records they have to have probable cause that a crime has occurred or there's a risk of imminent harm
If there's been a crime against a young woman, why hasn't the community been given statements of caution?
This is a city with 32,000 students attending University of Utah!

This may have been discussed before and I missed it, if so I apologize., but the fact that LE are not disclosing if the meet up was a male or a female and the choice of clothing could indicate that she was, in fact, meeting a woman, maybe a friend?
I don't know, this is one of these cases that gets you guessing...

IDK, but I think it's a sick joke by somebody. Fatherless = no more SB/SD could b a cruel joke.

Spooky.

I mean, if she has control of her phone, would that be what she would do with it after being offline for so long...suddenly follow a fatherless hashtag? That doesn't make sense.

But being a bot or a glitch seems a bit too coincidental just as LE announces they are looking at her accounts.

Is it someone playing cat and mouse? Or someone unrelated to the case trying to be cruelly funny?

I'm trying to dismiss it as a red herring, but it's nagging me as weird.

jmo

I'm over 10 pages behind on this thread, so maybe this has been solved by now, but I wanted to comment that I agree with the above. It feels like shades of when KB and Charlie Carver were missing and there was weird fb activity going on. :eek:

If there's been a crime against a young woman, why hasn't the community been given statements of caution?
This is a city with 32,000 students attending University of Utah!
I would hope most people would consider the all the news coverage as an indication to be cautious about meeting people in a park at 3am.

jmo

I still don,t get why 5 years !. UK 3.5 years? Not doing her down just i do not get why so long?. Doctor yep i would get length of time nurse no!. I,m a nurse in UK not doing her down. I,m an old goat retire in 7 months!. X

In the US, it takes an average 8 years to get your MD degree. 4 years is the "normal" time for bachelor degrees, but many people take an extra year to spread out their classes

Yeah, I approach it the same way.

What is most probable?

As more information becomes available, those probabilities change.

What began (in my mind) as a likely voluntary scenario, has now flipped to involuntary.

That’s how I see it anyway.
Following so many cases I felt this was an abduction (although known via sm or something) gone wrong - can’t shake the feeling JMO

I think of this case and similar cases in terms of likelihood. When someone goes missing, there are a few possibilities: accident, suicide, stressed out and wanted to disappear for a while, abducted and being held against her will, or abducted and killed.

It has been over a week since ML disappeared. ML is/was a young woman going to college, with a job, a pet, roommates, friends, and a loving family. She texted her mother to let her know that she'd arrived safely in SLC. What is the likelihood that she just left to go on a walkabout? What is the likelihood that she met with foul play? IMHO, I'm going to say 5% for voluntarily disappeared and 95% involuntary.

We've had a couple. Interestingly, they can somehow leave kids or pets they adore and sometimes the family says their disappearance is out of the ordinary. Not to add fuel to fire.

Usually there are some signs. Ivy Merck left notes saying she needed to work things out, for example.

A good rule of thumb: Be who you say you are, where you say you are, when you say you are, and if you post those things online, expect everyone to be able to see that. Otherwise, you are living a lie, and if something goes wrong, that is the last impression your life will have on this world. MOO
Exactly right!

That's why I am here known as GordianKnot.

Because that's who I am, both online, and in my everyday life.

That's my true identity.

Not gonna' lie.

JMO.

Last edited:
Why is it that LE is only sending out one update per day?
They said they will not do another PC unless they have a break in the case. Which is good to know because if we hear there is one coming up, we know it's going to be something big. In the mean time they will hopefully keep providing updates. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova