Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thoughts that may be helpful or not...I’ve given away things on Freecycle including, once several years ago, a twin mattress that was old but rarely ever used. I hesitated offering it as I doubted anyone would want a used mattress but I thought I’d try in case someone was desperate or wanted one for animal rescues. I got so many sad, begging emails from people saying they or someone they knew had kids sleeping on the bare floor that it astounded me—and made me incredibly sad. I still am so sad to think of it. I picked the saddest story and when the woman came and was so grateful, I learned a valuable lesson about what others may be grateful to take. It broke my kids’ hearts, too, and they wanted to give away their mattresses and sleep on the floor, which was sweet. I directed the others to places I thought might help but I wish I’d had more to give. :(

Regarding burning mattresses and box springs, where I live in the country, it’s done all the time. It’s even easy as the mattresses burn fairly quickly and picking any remaining collapsed coils out afterward is not a big deal. It makes a large fire at first but not for long. Same with sofas, although they are very, very scary IMO and make huge, fast, scary flames, maybe due to chemical fabric protectors, cleaning solutions left from when people cleaned the sofas, or the foam or stuffing.

While I’ve never known anyone to try to burn materials like luggage, I can see how that might take several attempts and take longer. I’ll also say that I’ve never known the farmers to burn carcasses although no laws would stop them here. They get a backhoe and bury them, which makes me think it’s not easy to burn a formerly living thing in a bonfire kind of fire. A tire recycling place in another city burned for days.

This is so sad. Thank you for giving it to the woman who needed it the most. I’m sure she was truly grateful.

I read an article recently about a successful business man who gave up his career to do something more meaningful in life. He started a ministry and he builds single beds and bunk beds (and provides new mattresses) to children who don’t have a bed to sleep.

Last edited:
Michael Locklear on Twitter

NEW: UPS driver dropped off what appears to be an adjustable massage bed at the person of interest’s house. I called the #MackenzieLueck tipline and got a busy signal twice. Finally got through after waiting 10 minutes, and police just arrived to check it out.

D-FsAoMUwAAxOTy.jpg

A massaging bed? Arrived today? You just can't make this stuff up.

Sounds like we have different views of what sleuthing means.
I don't make assumptions about someone until the information is given to me.
Clearly , neither does LE . This man is free to move around the city today.
While being followed 24/7 by police, without a doubt.

Sleuthing means "to investigate someone or something." That's what is being done here. Information is being gathered and shared. Information released by police is being discussed.

We're *not* cops. We *don't* have to withhold information to protect investigations. We are regular people on a website about sleuthing....sleuthing.

It may mean that they’re not worried about him returning to the house.

Atleast right now.

He may be at the police station still.

Can't remember which case LE had to return to crime scene. I would secure the place myself unless they already have enough and they really have him pinned down in some room. Or don't think he is the guy but in either case this is relevant that the address of huge interest is left unattended. Mabe a trap? Not knocking LE, just asking if someone else thinks its odd?

Are we even sure the Lyft driver is a “him”? I’ve only seen the driver referred to in gender neutral terms. I would think people might think differently if the driver was a “her”.
It's been discussed before. People combed through past PC footage and it was slipped "he" when referring to the Lyft driver.

I think that LE maybe waiting on DNA results before any arrests can be made.

I cannot even imagine what KL family and friends are going through reading all these updates. I am so sorry for all of you.

I also think its horrible that the Lyft driver keeps being talked about so poorly. So unfair. This person was doing their job driving an adult that asked to be dropped off. He had no idea what would happen or that he needed to pay close attention to who she was meeting. Just out of line imo.

Can't remember which case LE had to return to crime scene. I would secure the place myself unless they already have enough and they really have him pinned down in some room. Or don't think he is the guy but in either case this is relevant that the address of huge interest is left unattended. Mabe a trap? Not knocking LE, just asking if someone else thinks its odd?
It is odd that they’re apparently not monitoring it in some way.

You’d think they’d have a car parked right outside.

It doesn’t seem to jibe with the major search that was just conducted.

Are we even sure the Lyft driver is a “him”? I’ve only seen the driver referred to in gender neutral terms. I would think people might think differently if the driver was a “her”.
During one of the earlier pressers held by LE, the chief said "he" once. It may have been a slip up, but was discussed by WSer's on the board.

Unfortunately the reporter that tweeted about the call volume said that LE credited the large volume to unhelpful calls about the mattress :(
Nestled somehere in there between all the pointless, useless calls, however, are going to be 1 or 2 legitimate tips that do lead LE to the mattress.

It's tedious work.
But it will bear results.

JMO.

I have literally missed entire threads on Kenzie's case, so apologies if this has been mentioned already.
I'm wondering if her IG 'like' yesterday points to motive.
If she and POI were casually dating, outside of the SD/SB dynamic, and he discovered her involvement in that lifestyle - maybe a jealous rage? He then later accesses IG from her phone and likes the Fatherless page. Because symbolism.

*shrugs*

That 'like'/follow has been chewing up my brain, and I don't think it was her - the above is all I can come up for why bother at all, and why that particular page.

i see where you are going with this - nothing to do with the driver but rideshare technology allowing us to learn more about this drop-off location and if there is an relevance besides this one occurrence. as a ride share user, ik you can def see a log of your history. this info is def on MLs phone and LE will be able to know if shes been dropped there before.

if it turned out ML had been dropped there before, im sure ride share companies can sort their data by drop-off locations and dates if LE wanted to cross reference. obviously wont help if someone meeting ML was in their own car.

even with a POI, this is definitely an interesting idea IMO and could help solidify events/motives potentially.

At the very beginning of this case, the park was referred to as an ‘unfamiliar’ location. The context seemed to be that she had not been dropped off there by Lyft, before.

Remember how this happened. She arrived in town at 2:00 am. She needed a ride. She called Lyft.

She had a driver’s license and a car. Under ordinary circumstances, if she’d wanted to go to the park, I’m sure she’d have driven herself, not taken Lyft.

Nestled somehere in there between all the pointless calls, however, are going to be 1 or 2 legitimate tips that do lead LE to the mattress.

It's tedious work. But it will bear results.

JMO.
Yup. That, and probably some calls involving women who have interacted with him in the past.

I suppose that’s one benefit of labeling him a POI.

It is odd that they’re apparently not monitoring it in some way.

You’d think they’d have a car parked right outside.

It doesn’t seem to jibe with the major search that was just conducted.

I'm not sure they can, if he isn't arrested it might be seen as harassment? I'm not sure what the laws are, they probably have a gentlemans agreement with the journalist to let them know if anything happens, which he did. They guaranteed have u/c on the POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke