Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bed and massage table are incredibly different!!!
I do want one though, not the most nefarious thing in the world, but it does strike me as odd given the situation..
Seems like the bed is just badly named. The link says it’s a queen size. I have a very similar bed to the one delivered. It’s adjustable and you still put a mattress on top of it and possibly even a bed frame around it. I’ve never seen a “massage” bed like that before, I imagine it’s an incorrectly named product, perhaps something that got lost in translation to English. It looks exactly like my bed that I sleep in.

The bed delivered is described as this on Walmart's website. I took the model number from the Tweeted picture of the box.

Product Highlights
Add the Adjustable Bed Base and transform your bedroom into the most used room in the house. Enjoy lifestyle benefits, including watching TV, reading, working on laptop and more. Unwind with the relaxing head and foot massage. This adjustable bed base is a low-cost alternative to the more expensive ergonomic brands with the same features included.

Feature
Weight capacity reach 750lbs
Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed Base
Comfortable
With folding feature, convenient for storage and saving place
With two built-in USB ports
Elevate your head and feet, simultaneously or separately
Speed separate dual head and foot massage
Adjustable legs for three different height options 4, 6 or combined for 10 inches
The Zero Gravity Position simulates weightlessness and is similar to sleeping in a recliner
Assemble requirement

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Costway-...red-Wireless-Remote-USB-Ports-Queen/724411126

Can't remember which case LE had to return to crime scene. I would secure the place myself unless they already have enough and they really have him pinned down in some room. Or don't think he is the guy but in either case this is relevant that the address of huge interest is left unattended. Mabe a trap? Not knocking LE, just asking if someone else thinks its odd?
This is EXACTLY why I am so confused! It’s like no one was ever there. Is it possible they ruled out the house as a crime scene? If it IS a crime scene, it should be guarded by LE at all times, right? No change in POI status of homeowner, no police presence at home that was searched last night - just leaves a lot of questions that I hoped would already be answered.

I’m confused. What does it matter that the package was delivered? We know that he gave away one mattress and box springs (the possible evidence) and perhaps this is to replace it, but I don’t see any real significance beyond that. Maybe I’m missing the point.

Can't remember which case LE had to return to crime scene. I would secure the place myself unless they already have enough and they really have him pinned down in some room. Or don't think he is the guy but in either case this is relevant that the address of huge interest is left unattended. Mabe a trap? Not knocking LE, just asking if someone else thinks its odd?
His house may be unattended but I don't believe that he is. MOO

Finally caught back up let's see how long it lasts.

#1- I've seen a couple posts about this. When you use LetGo and other Apps for selling your items, you have a "Free" button you can check, so it's not what I call "curbside" like it use to be where you just put a sign out on some stuff that said "FREE" and someone stopped and picked it up. It's putting the items on the website saying they are free and usually (at least in my experience) someone told me they were coming to get them and I'd put them out for them. So even though the items are "free" there SHOULD be a digital footprint.

#2- I really don't think this matters, but I'd be willing to bet lots of money the POI is not from Somalia, based solely on his appearance. Somali's and Eritreans have a look that is different than other African countries and you can tell immediately if someone is from one of those countries. I have no sources to back this up except friends from those countries.

#3- I'm a female, older than Kenzie and in a completely different life stage (kids, house, husband, all that good stuff)... But during my college days if car services were popular and used and I wanted to have one pick me up and take me to a park at 3:00 am and the driver questioned me I would have made a complaint and thought that was creepy. Why would you care where I'm going or what I'm doing your job is a taxi and if I wanted to answer questions I would have called my grandma for a ride? I don't understand why people feel the Lyft driver should have said something to her about her drop off point, it isn't his/her business in anyway shape or form, especially because it doesn't appear she was drinking. I get it if she would have been stumbling falling over drunk, but a sober person going to the park is really not the drivers business.

It is one thing to order another box spring and mattress. It's another to order an adjustable massaging bed. I have not once stayed in an Airbnb with one. IMO, it is for his own personal use.

yes which suggests the mattress/boxspring were his personal ones and looked in good shape
which is suggestive to me that he wanted to get rid of dna, not that he was replacing his bnb furniture

At the very beginning of this case, the park was referred to as an ‘unfamiliar’ location. The context seemed to be that she had not been dropped off there by Lyft, before.

Remember how this happened. She arrived in town at 2:00 am. She needed a ride. She called Lyft.

She had a driver’s license and a car. Under ordinary circumstances, if she’d wanted to go to the park, I’m sure she’d have driven herself, not taken Lyft.

She didn't have her car at the airport and likely assumed whomever she was meeting could just drop her at home after whatever they were doing.

I know the Lyft driver has been cleared , but I was just thinking how easy it would be for the driver to stop at the park and politely inform ML that he contacted another Lyft driver to bring her to the rest of her destination due to some excuse.He could have easily been working as a partner with POI.
In a deserted park , ML would probably comply and get in the other car believing /trusting it was another lyft .
Interesting theory but still the drop off destination has to be made by the passenger through their version of the app. Even if the driver agrees to change it they always (in my experience) have to tell you to resubmit or request a new location, I'm pretty sure (definitely with Uber, and I'm thinking I've done this with Lyft before too)

Well, he obviously would have had to get a new bed to replace the one he gave away, so it's not that weird really.

The thing that is odd to me is that this is replacing the frame part of the bed. Appears to have given away the mattress and box springs. Maybe burned an old wooden frame? If there was DNA type evidence on the frame, I’d imagine the scene would have had to be pretty messy (hard to fully clean up or just “give away.”

in

In trade talk while she's in the car or shortly thereafter
If he does that while she's in the car, what's stopping her from calling police to report it? Her phone was still on at that point. And if he does it after, I think there's a good chance she and whomever they met would have already exited the park. It seems like it is a bit out of the way, on the far north side of town.

I really don't think the Lyft driver had anything to do with this.

I'm not sure they can, if he isn't arrested it might be seen as harassment? I'm not sure what the laws are, they probably have a gentlemans agreement with the journalist to let them know if anything happens, which he did. They guaranteed have u/c on the POI.
It wouldn’t be harassment, unless Utah has some random law I’ve never heard of.

Parking on the street wouldn’t be intrusive.

I suppose they could just be doing regular patrols, although I agree that there could be some sort of “gentleman’s agreement” in place.

Years ago when John Wayne Gacy was a POI, he used to lead the police officers who were monitoring his movements, on high speed chases through the Chicago area.

He had the gall to call what they were doing “harassment,” even though he did in fact murder over 30 men and boys.

Last edited:
Just my opinion: Perhaps the homeowner is a classmate or coworker (even former). We do not know if ML was into drugs and I don’t mean hard core I mean recreational and pills. She is down bc of grandma and knows where she can score. Maybe she wasn’t planning on this but received a message from the homeowner saying he was sorry for her loss which is what made her think she wants to get something to boost her spirits.

ML & homeowners text and plan to meet. Perhaps it is ML‘s idea to meet at the park because she doesn’t want to go to his house. She arrives at the park, they do a first round and decide to go to his house. From there, something gets out of control. He makes advances towards her and she turns him down and says it’s not like that. Knowing of her alternative lifestyle he gets upset “so you will be with an old SD but not me” ... Forces himself on her, hence mattress is sold days later, and things spiral resulting in death.

All my opinion of course. I have personally never thought the SD SB has anything to do with this. The whole point of those relationships is to be wined and dined— a 3am park and this place does not fit the bill. I have always thought this was drug related (no not a drug mule or hauling drugs in her suitcase) just pills and such.

This again seems very possible. IMO

Two more comments have come under this reporters quote- some folks are freaking out, thinking it's Kenzie.
EDIT- could be nothing, but check JMP's comment. Either they're wrong about the last place she was at, or.....someone's got some splaining to do.[/QUOTE
I think that LE maybe waiting on DNA results before any arrests can be made.

I cannot even imagine what KL family and friends are going through reading all these updates. I am so sorry for all of you.

I also think its horrible that the Lyft driver keeps being talked about so poorly. So unfair. This person was doing their job driving an adult that asked to be dropped off. He had no idea what would happen or that he needed to pay close attention to who she was meeting. Just out of line imo.

Utah has fast DNA. It only takes 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke