Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The 'Bring Paul Home' Facebook page has posted that they believe Paul is alive, well and is thanking everyone.

They need to refund that money. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 'Bring Paul Home' Facebook page has posted that they believe Paul is alive, well and is thanking everyone.

They need to refund that money. moo

They've changed what it will be used for. Now it will be used to care for the wife and baby...

It was originally going to pay police overtime until people pointed out police don't take donations.

[h=1]Family of missing American Fork man shifting focus of search efforts[/h]
The family stated via the “Bring Paul Home” Facebook page that they are changing the focus of their efforts.

“We are adjusting volunteer efforts as the focus of our search changes. We have shifted from daily searches out of Salt Lake City to a nationwide scope as investigators continue to follow various leads.”​

Family members say they are hopeful about the outcome of the case.

“We believe Paul is alive and will come home to us safely,” they stated. “We are here as a family to say thank you.”
http://fox13now.com/2017/08/04/family-of-missing-american-fork-man-shifting-focus-of-search-efforts/

I am from Slc and have been following this case from the beginning. It is so strange as the days go on and the story from the family keeps changing. Many people, including myself donated several hours out searching for him. The the limited amount of information being provided by the family, and law enforcement is really fueling a lot of speculation. I feel like in most cases the police are the ones who call off the searches... not the family. Does anyone else find that strange? <modsnip> Everyone's demeanor was uncomfortably upbeat. The Go Fund Me account that they set up got several complaints that it was fraudulent. I'm not sure if it was temporarily frozen or people were very upset, but last time I checked there hadn't been a donation in over 24 hours. <modsnip> So many suspicious circumstances surrounding this case! Regardless of what did or didn't happen, I like many others, still pray he is safe... wherever he may be.
I find it very odd. I used to be on a search and rescue/recovery team and it was usually LE that called it off. The family were usually the ones thst wanted to keep going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They've changed what it will be used for. Now it will be used to care for the wife and baby...

It was originally going to pay police overtime until people pointed out police don't take donations.

That sounds just a bit sketchy to me. Crowdfunding to raise money for police overtime? WTF?

I find it very odd. I used to be on a search and rescue/recovery team and it was usually LE that called it off. The family were usually the ones thst wanted to keep going.

I *think* that the searches which have been called off were being organized by family, & not LE. My SPECULATION is that family have been advised by LE that said searches were not necessarily being useful/helpful.

So, I've been trying to put together a basic timeline using ONLY MSM links posted here, or information provided by the family-run Bring Paul Home FB page. It's very bare :( My comments/unsubstantiated info in Italics.

Thursday 27th July
- In the morning, Paul sees a doctor because of chest pains
- last seen by his wife ~3pm (at home?) when he leaves for an appointment. Before he left his behaviour/demeanour was not normal. Unknown (or not reported) where or with whom nor whether he kept the appointment.
- In the evening, his phone allegedly* last pinged in the Millcreek area
- - Thursday evening, Paul reported missing by wife.

Friday 28th July
- In the morning (?), car Paul was driving is located in the vicinity of Park View Elementary**. Possibly items in the car which did not belong to Paul.
After that, various unconfirmed possible sightings around SLC

Wednesday 2 August
- LE state there has been a credible witness report of contact with Paul, but gives no details other than that he seems "confused" (my word not theirs

*I've included this even though I can no longer find the MSM/official FB page mention, but it's in my "can be verified" notes, not in the "speculation" notes. Yes, I'm a bit anal when I start to follow a case ;).

** <modsnip>

Do we have any mappers following the thread? A map would be great!

I'm visiting Salt Lake City, hence my interest in this case. As of Friday afternoon, the electronic billboards were still running. I saw flyers hung up all over the place in Salt Lake City.

Here is specific language for locations for mapping:

He was last seen leaving his home in American Fork, Utah, and told family members he had an appointment in Salt Lake, about 30 minutes away. But American Fork police believe he never made it.

His car, a black 2016 BMW X6, was found the next morning “under suspicious circumstances” near an elementary school in Salt Lake’s Glendale neighborhood, authorities said.

Inside the vehicle, police found several items they contend belong to someone else.

http://people.com/crime/utah-dad-paul-swenson-missing-blogger-wife-ashlee/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Here is specific language for locations for mapping:

He was last seen leaving his home in American Fork, Utah, and told family members he had an appointment in Salt Lake, about 30 minutes away. But American Fork police believe he never made it.

His car, a black 2016 BMW X6, was found the next morning &#8220;under suspicious circumstances&#8221; near an elementary school in Salt Lake&#8217;s Glendale neighborhood, authorities said.

Inside the vehicle, police found several items they contend belong to someone else.

http://people.com/crime/utah-dad-paul-swenson-missing-blogger-wife-ashlee/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Although that article is mostly a hodgepodge cobbled together from other MSM reports, I thank you for it because it's allowed me to retrace the Millcreek reference!

Yes. Very strange.

Having just one page to reference is better and more efficient than 2?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Was his help find page disabled?

Most likely do to the trolls. They obviously have enough drama to deal with than to have to answer to where every penny is being spent or address why a statement had being changed.

Maybe this thread should be as well. There seems to be more speculation about what his wife, family and friends are doing (or not doing) and casting judgement on someone who's put in a position no one would want or know how to 'act'. Plenty of victim shaming to go around. If people stopped focusing on the one who ISN'T missing, Paul Swensen might have been found by now.

I really have some reservations on people's attacks of AS. We must remember that it was PAUL who seemingly took off, it is PAUL who may be suffering from apparent mental breakdown, it is PAUL who is seemingly trying to hide and abandon his life, wife and child. But really, where is the support for his wife? It's really bothersome that people feel the need to demand so much information about a person's private life, like it is owed to them because they invested time to search. This woman's husband was obviously the very center of her life along with their child.

LET'S FIND PAUL SWENSEN.

All JMO.

Its all very sad for her and the poor little baby. I hope he is found and given the help he needs mental health wise if that is the issue.

Most likely do to the trolls. They obviously have enough drama to deal with than to have to answer to where every penny is being spent or address why a statement had being changed.

Maybe this thread should be as well. There seems to be more speculation about what his wife, family and friends are doing (or not doing) and casting judgement on someone who's put in a position no one would want or know how to 'act'. Plenty of victim shaming to go around. If people stopped focusing on the one who ISN'T missing, Paul Swensen might have been found by now.

I really have some reservations on people's attacks of AS. We must remember that it was PAUL who seemingly took off, it is PAUL who may be suffering from apparent mental breakdown, it is PAUL who is seemingly trying to hide and abandon his life, wife and child. But really, where is the support for his wife? It's really bothersome that people feel the need to demand so much information about a person's private life, like it is owed to them because they invested time to search. This woman's husband was obviously the very center of her life along with their child.

LET'S FIND PAUL SWENSEN.

All JMO.

Well stated and I agree [emoji817]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads