Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/...rican-fork-man-despite-few-tips-checking-out/

A new article, which clarifies - a bit - about some of the information/speculation which has been floating around, such as:

- drug rumours have not been substantiated
- alcohol wasn't found in Paul's car
- he had access to a large amount of cash but left it at home

Snipped...
...“We’ve not been able to substantiate that whatsoever,” he said. ”But we haven’t ruled anything out: kidnapping, homicide, drugs, suicide.”

Where are you Paul???

:candle:

Snipped...

Where are you Paul???

:candle:

I'm seriously concerned about Paul's wellbeing :(

I'll admit that in the early days I thought his disappearance was possibly voluntary - for whatever reason. I'm not so sure anymore.

ETA: I'm concerned about his mental state primarily, not necessarily thinking of foul play - yet.

Not off the top of my head! I can get the gist of the report, would have to watch it several times over to transcribe/translate all the details. Generally I'd say nothing new, except possibly identifying a last seen/last place phone pinged location (which has been floating around as a rumour anyway).

ETA: I'm not confident enough about my Spanish skills to be sure I wouldn't make mistakes :(.

Do they mention "a guy on a bike"....as they show "a guy on a bike"...???

Do they mention "a guy on a bike"....as they show "a guy on a bike"...???

I did not hear anything regarding a guy on the bike. My Spanish is a bit rusty so don't want to
Commit to translating incase of mistakes .:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not hear anything regarding a guy on the bike. My Spanish is a bit rusty so don't want to
Commit to translating incase of mistakes .:)

Agreed. Particularly in this case, where accuracy must be paramount give the amount of nonsense/wild speculation that has been thrown around (NOT referring to this thread).

I'm ok with written Spanish or face to face communication where I can check/verify, but a newscast without a transcript is more than I'd feel comfortable about putting my name to.

I put a Case Map together. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yTuhfjvJHRG5gz7SMcIxAcfBywc&usp=sharing

As you can see it's very sparse at the moment, did I miss anything verified that can go on there?

Thanks Skibs! There was a confirmed sighting of him:

The last lead that could be confirmed was a sighting of Swenson on Friday at 2900 S. Main St. in Salt Lake City, said Sgt. Josh Christensen with the American Fork Police Department.
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...cle_9b72289e-57b0-5166-9ecc-a8fa2a3729c5.html

Bumping this for Skibs' map. I think the first link has his address.

(2nd link is probably not relevant since it was in 2009/2010)

I may have colluded with Skibs about the map concerning a home address. ;)

Given some of the loony theories & those posting them etc "out there", I suggested NOT using anything close to what *might* be an accurate home address.

I may have colluded with Skibs about the map concerning a home address. ;)

Given some of the loony theories & those posting them etc "out there", I suggested NOT using anything close to what *might* be an accurate home address.

As a compromise as it's a few miles off from where I had it, I've dropped the marker in the middle of a field near the address but not so it could be identified from the map. Sound ok?

I can only get about 70%. I'm including the spanish and my translations in case anyone wants to review for accuracy. JMO.

... su carro fue encontrado cerca de la novecientos sur y la novecientos west (his car was found near the 900 South and 900 West?)

y su telefono celular se encontraba cerca de la tienda de autopartes en las ??? quatro mil seis cientos ochenta y novecientos east el mismo jueves (and his cellphone was found near the auto parts store in the ??? at 4680 and 900 East that same Thursday)

se acuerdo que la ultima conversacion que tuvo con su esposa, ella comente que ??? manera extran~a y sospecha que el tuve alguna crisis mental. (they know? that the last conversation was with his spouse, she commented that ??? strange manner and suspects that he had some mental crisis).

la policia ha declarado que no hay signos de uso de drogas ilicitas ... (police have declared that there are no signs of use of illicit drugs) ...

Here is specific language for locations for mapping:

He was last seen leaving his home in American Fork, Utah, and told family members he had an appointment in Salt Lake, about 30 minutes away. But American Fork police believe he never made it.

His car, a black 2016 BMW X6, was found the next morning “under suspicious circumstances” near an elementary school in Salt Lake’s Glendale neighborhood, authorities said.

Inside the vehicle, police found several items they contend belong to someone else.

http://people.com/crime/utah-dad-paul-swenson-missing-blogger-wife-ashlee/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Would it be probable that Paul did make it to SLC but not with whom family thought it was? Deception to hide an affair?

Could Paul have met this person and somehow came to an unsettling departure from his car? Yes, since someone else's clothing and items were found in his car.

Prayers are for his complete safety and solid answers to this mystery for his family.

I have a family member that has some mental issues that go undiagnosed because he refused to admit to himself and others that he needs "help"! He doesn't want it on "paper' that he has a mental illness. In the past psychiatrists have thrown around the terms "schizophrenia" "OCD" Schizoaffective disorder"... Anyway it seems like he is up and down and back again every year! When he starts going "down" he deletes all of his social media accounts and shuts off the modem... Last year after one of the times he deleted all his social media he took off with no word to anyone! Just left in November and was gone until May!!! He never called his parents as he was afraid that they would lock him up in a psychiatric hospital and throw away the key!! He didn't have a car at that time! He basically just hung around in the town over at gas stations,coffee shops,train stations,etc! A local bus driver that he ended up befriending even gave him money for a train ticket and he took a train to LA! 3,000 MILES AWAY! He came back a few days later.. finally ended up going home to his parents and never said a word about his "trips"! The parents only knew about the train trips because they went to train station and the guy who sells the tickets knew exactly who they were looking for by his description! Just saying that maybe Paul is having a psychotic break and maybe his doctor appointment made him very scared of possibly being locked away for life in a psychiatric hospital! There is no rational thinking when a psychotic break is happening!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969