Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney-client privilege always prevails. They are not required to report anything
That’s what I thought. So it’s not unethical of his attorney to have been paid and retained prior to all of this. You can literally commit a crime, call attorney, confess, then say will you represent me and that’s that. Thanks for the answer

That’s what I thought. So it’s not unethical of his attorney to have been paid and retained prior to all of this. You can literally commit a crime, call attorney, confess, then say will you represent me and that’s that. Thanks for the answer
The attorney can choose not to represent you but cannot say a word of it in either case.

Why would he draw attention to an account that he was associated with, though? Especially since it would connect him to the victim?
I'm not sure what a bot is, but couldn't the "follow" been some sort of delayed action that had been done at an earlier time? I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine why the perp would have done anything like that on purpose.
If anything, maybe it was just a delayed follow that coincidentally led to the perp.
Or maybe that fatherless account has nothing to do with him at all. Imo

Somebody else on here did a test. He had someone make an account private, and then he followed that private account. At the end of the day, he had that person make the account public and voila! The account showed him following it at the time it was made public again. So, she could've followed the account earlier and it showed up when the account was made public and her phone was off. I think that's how it worked.

But it doesn’t explain her sending the Lyft driver on his way. When you dispose of your other means of transportation, and move a sizable amount of luggage into your drug dealer’s car, it’s obvious that he’s more to you than just a drug dealer. So in that case, why hypothesize the drugs at all, specially since we don’t have evidence that she was into drugs:
Right, especially since she was not known to use drugs and I believe her friend said she barely even drank alcohol. Imo

I’m thinking of this lawyer subject. If you already have a lawyer on your payroll, such as a business or super wealthy person may, and that person commits a crime then immediately calls his/her attorney and confesses to it and wants legal advice. At that point, is that lawyer now bound under the attorney client privilege? Just curios what the law is. Like is an attorney required to report a crime that someone confessed to even if the said crime is not known to LE yet? I never really thought about it til now. Any lawyers here know?

No, that would betray "Attorney client privilege".

In your scenario, an attorney would more than likely stop a conversation about direct involvement, and discuss the current situation the client is in, re: bail, hearings...evidence, and defense strategies.

I’m thinking of this lawyer subject. If you already have a lawyer on your payroll, such as a business or super wealthy person may, and that person commits a crime then immediately calls his/her attorney and confesses to it and wants legal advice. At that point, is that lawyer now bound under the attorney client privilege? Just curios what the law is. Like is an attorney required to report a crime that someone confessed to even if the said crime is not known to LE yet? I never really thought about it til now. Any lawyers here know?
Client/attorney privilege

I've often wondered about this, and just a few weeks ago blurted out the same questions to an attorney visiting the office where I work. Thankfully she knows I'm just curious - not a felon/murderer - and she graciously, intelligently explained. I was gonna try my attempt a recap of her info but I'm glad others here answered officially :)

So, now that I’m pretty much convinced that she knew AA before this tragedy, my brain has switched gears to how the prosecutors are going to prove premeditation, if indeed that’s what this is. He has burned so much of the evidence. Any good defense attorney is going to go with the “accidental death, he panicked and burned her body” defense. So the digital footprint is going to be the strongest evidence, unless the ME can actually find COD. Does anyone know if phone experts will be able to tell exactly what happened to her phone at 3am? Will they know if it was turned off, or the battery removed, or the battery just died, or if it was actually destroyed/damaged in that moment at 3am? The answer to that may indicate how easily they can prove premeditation. I’m assuming whatever text exchange they have between the two of them will help explain why in the world they met in the park and not his house. That exchange may be where the kidnapping charge comes from, if it is apparent she didn’t intend to go to his house? All of this would point to premeditation.

Question...
In relation to the Venmo account, for the transaction paid to an AA, does anyone know if that is a payment to himself or is that the name of a family member (or perhaps not related)?

Another random question, I did search for this but wasn’t happy with the results...
By any chance, does anyone know the naming practices in Nigeria (ie is it the same format as here, given name, then surname, eg Mike Smith), or does it follow a different structure? I did read that they often have alternate/nicknames that appear on their official ids but I could find no concrete additional info about practices.
I only ask bc sometimes simply changing the syntax can yield a whole slew of different results when researching. I am just curious about his past, what went on before he immigrated?, was he really in London? Is any of his “book” based on real life events

Another question re his Venmo account, the transactions that there were multiples of to the same person, (he often used a book emoji for the ones I am referring to), from what I read I was wondering if anyone thought that could possibly be his editor (I believe that persons profile alluded to editing/tutoring or teaching)?
Some of these answers are probably not available but you never know what you can turn up.
Thanks for letting me ramble, something I have been pondering is all.:)
Edited for a typo, also so sorry it turned out to be so long!!

^SBM

I wondered some of those things as well, my opinion is the AA transaction was to a sibling or family member possibly.

I have friends from Nigeria and they share the same name format as we do with the last name being passed down & shared with siblings, but I don’t know if that is different depending on different tribes or groups in Nigeria or not.

As far as the guy with the book emoji, my guess was along the lines of some form of tutoring or English help, but that is just a guess. I considered it could be help on the book, but based off of how many transactions there were I was not sure...

All MOO

Mackenzie Lueck was a ‘ball of light’ who cared for others, sorority sisters say

SABBM:

Friends described her as an energetic and caring person who was always there for them.

“I will remember her as a ball of light. That’s what she was. A blond bubble of happiness,” Michelle Galison, a sorority sister told KSL-TV. “I’ll never forget seeing her face when she became a part of our little family.”

“She’s like a nurturer,” Kennedy Stoner, a sorority sister, told the Salt Lake Tribune. “She’s almost a mother to me.”

It sounds like ML would have made a wonderful mother some day.

Because of that evil monster, she'll never have the opportunity to become a mom.

Lady Justice is coming for this monster...and she's carrying a sword.

JMO.

Last edited:
I agree; I don't believe that either.
  • Why go across town from airport to a (job? Date?) with a large heavy suitcase, plus backpack and purse?
  • Where's the CCTV that shows her entering the Lyft? All major airports have these cameras at the loading/unloading areas.
No answer for question 1; For question 2, LE has not released it.

Is there any way we can get people to stop talking about the Airbnb non-connection? It has nothing to do with anything, it would be no different if AA happened to be a landlord. It's personal to me since I am a Airbnb Superhost who takes meticulous care of my guests, and I am the norm, not the exception.

People keep talking about the "creep factor" of being an Airbnb host or how they would "never" stay at an Airbnb. Being an Airbnb host does not make you a creep in and of itself any more than being a Lyft driver makes you accountable for someone else's heinous actions. There is no proof, or even a suggestion, that what happened to poor Kenzie was associated with the Airbnb aspect in any way.

It is your preference where you stay but I would be interested to know how many murders occurred at Airbnb properties as opposed to at Holiday Inns. I would guess the latter would far outweigh the former. I just don't see why continuing to bring up Airbnb, which is in no way associated with the monster that attacked Kenzie other than he happened to run one, is necessary.

Why would he draw attention to an account that he was associated with, though? Especially since it would connect him to the victim?
I'm not sure what a bot is, but couldn't the "follow" been some sort of delayed action that had been done at an earlier time? I don't know how these things work, but I can't imagine why the perp would have done anything like that on purpose.
If anything, maybe it was just a delayed follow that coincidentally led to the perp.
Or maybe that fatherless account has nothing to do with him at all. Imo

I dont think the follow of the fatherless account had anything to do with anything. The 2 phones pinged at the park at 3 am and the 2 had been texting each other.

Yes, ive gotten delayed notifications on Instagram before, so id suspect it was something like that. The cops were already searching his house before the fatherless follow happened and I would think that he already destroyed her phone in the fire by that time anyway.

I had not realized that this guy had checked in the previous Friday! I need to go back to the timeline apparently. Can this be put in our timeline?

"A man stopped by the home Thursday, saying he was staying through Airbnb and had checked in the previous Friday"
That would have made his check in Friday the 21st, I believe.

So, now that I’m pretty much convinced that she knew AA before this tragedy, my brain has switched gears to how the prosecutors are going to prove premeditation, if indeed that’s what this is. He has burned so much of the evidence. Any good defense attorney is going to go with the “accidental death, he panicked and burned her body” defense. So the digital footprint is going to be the strongest evidence, unless the ME can actually find COD. Does anyone know if phone experts will be able to tell exactly what happened to her phone at 3am? Will they know if it was turned off, or the battery removed, or the battery just died, or if it was actually destroyed/damaged in that moment at 3am? The answer to that may indicate how easily they can prove premeditation. I’m assuming whatever text exchange they have between the two of them will help explain why in the world they met in the park and not his house. That exchange may be where the kidnapping charge comes from, if it is apparent she didn’t intend to go to his house? All of this would point to premeditation.

I agree, totally. I know some have said it's not essential to know the details before because she was found dead at his house. I think it's going to be critical that the DA can prove this was premeditated by the conversations that happened before and other details about there relationship and timeline, or, the defense will claim accidental death. If the DA cannot prove this was premeditated (which IMO it was), it will be hard to convict on that charge. I expect a lot about Kenzie's past will also be used by the defense to establish a pattern to help prove accidental, unfortunately. I know LE has a lot more evidence than we are aware of so I'm just hoping they have clear evidence to prove without a doubt this was premeditated.

Is there any way we can get people to stop talking about the Airbnb non-connection? It has nothing to do with anything, it would be no different if AA happened to be a landlord. It's personal to me since I am a Airbnb Superhost who takes meticulous care of my guests, and I am the norm, not the exception.

People keep talking about the "creep factor" of being an Airbnb host or how they would "never" stay at an Airbnb. Being an Airbnb host does not make you a creep in and of itself any more than being a Lyft driver makes you accountable for someone else's heinous actions. There is no proof, or even a suggestion, that what happened to poor Kenzie was associated with the Airbnb aspect in any way.

It is your preference where you stay but I would be interested to know how many murders occurred at Airbnb properties as opposed to at Holiday Inns. I would guess the latter would far outweigh the former. I just don't see why continuing to bring up Airbnb, which is in no way associated with the monster that attacked Kenzie other than he happened to run one, is necessary.

This. Thank you. If you are creeped out by airbnb, then stay at a hotel. Ive stayed at plenty of airbnbs, some with the host in the same house, and it is a great experience. I also met a lot of cool and interesting people from hosting people in my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82