UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New (I think) article! http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...nside-perspective/1B1tw3Lc2kqZi6DaWSpBVg.cspx

I haven't read it yet but it claims a family friend shares inside perspective. Please no one lynch me if this has already been posted. Off to read it!

ETA: The friend is the neighbor, Tim. No really new info that hasn't already been brought up in this thread. It just confirms a few things most of us have already heard.

After re-reading, I just got chills--she was likely leaving this coming Spring. Josh may have had a job, but he wasn't exactly stable from what I've gathered, especially given the bankruptcy.

I'm imagining his mind racing. Child support. Legal costs.

And then I thought about the words of a woman hating, control freak ex husband of a friend of mine. The day she left, he was calling her. The first voicemail said "Don't make me a failure".

Shudder.

For those who think this was definitely pre-mediated, why do you think he didn't come up with a better alibi? And that isn't meant to be a shot at the pre-meditated idea, I really want to know what the theories are along that line so I can tumble this whole thing around again.

He didn't think of a better alibi because 1. he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and to him, it sounds reasonable, 2. the babysitter called his family, his family called LE, Susan's friend called him and told him everyone was looking for him, 3. his plan was interrupted by EVERYONE, including LE and he wasn't able to get back to the house in time to remove the fans, wait a day or two, and call LE on HIS OWN TERMS, his OWN PLAN.

Bottom line, he's gotten this far in life BS'ing everyone and thought they'd believe him.

ala, Scott Peterson, Hacking, Cooper, Aboara, Stebic, Young, and...................

It's part of the 'play book.'

We've seen it before.

JMHO,
fran

I am still catching up, so please forgive me if someone already mentioend it but... what about the possobility that the knitting friend is somehow involved? Maybe had a "relationship" with Josh? Just tossing out ideas.

I am still catching up, so please forgive me if someone already mentioend it but... what about the possobility that the knitting friend is somehow involved? Maybe had a "relationship" with Josh? Just tossing out ideas.

It's been discussed but it seems the general consensus is not likely. (At least that's my interpretation)

You folks are amazing, thanks for all the input. It really gets the mind going. After everything I've read here's my take.....premeditated, heck it seems even Susan predicted it. Something went wrong..either (A) too much sedative and she died before he could get her out of the house..leaving the bodily fluid suggestions. Or (B) not enough sedatives and a struggle ensues. Both would result in panic for him. Original plan was to finish kill/dispose of Susan while sledding...didn't work because of panic, weather, stuck, not as easy as one thinks , I don't Imagine. His plan was to leave for work first in the morning, and then get the call...Where are Susan and the boys...mean while he left the boys alone. Lets all remember when our kids were young and you slept on edge....If we were Susan would any of us sleep through our husbands packing up the kids for a late night camping trip. Ahem.. JMHO

PRESS RELEASE 12/16/09
22:45 PST Contact:
Shelby Gifford, Cox Family spokesperson

SUBJECT: Press Conference Being Held by the Cox Family

The Cox family will hold a press conference tomorrow, December 17th at 1:00 PM PST at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 South Hill Park Drive in Puyallup WA. Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12:30 pm to set up equipment as needed.

Seven members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. We will read a statement and answer questions as appropriate.

PRESS RELEASE 12/16/09
22:45 PST Contact:
Shelby Gifford, Cox Family spokesperson

SUBJECT: Press Conference Being Held by the Cox Family

The Cox family will hold a press conference tomorrow, December 17th at 1:00 PM PST at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 South Hill Park Drive in Puyallup WA. Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12:30 pm to set up equipment as needed.

Seven members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. We will read a statement and answer questions as appropriate.

That's about five miles from me. I'm wondering if I might be able to make it over there.

Wow, seven family members, I do believe we are about to try this case in the media. I just love how Mr. Cox and his advisers roll. This guy is a MAN , a father I'm sure Susan learned a lot from and was very proud to have. I think JP's lawyer is about to get outwitted . JMHO.

Josh wouldn't let Susan's dad see the boys...he wouldn't talk to her dad or even allow him to visit? If that is so it really cinches it for me. Josh doesn't want to face Susan's dad. He doesn't want to look him in the eyes. Guilty Guilty Guilty....

Didn't the dad take a PI with him when he went to Utah? Did the PI stay or return to WA with Susan's dad?

If I was Susan's dad there would be no doubt in my mind that Josh is GUILTY.

bbm

:balloon: Josh probably didn't want the boys to tell Grandpa exactly what went on the night their mom went missing. Wanted to avoid a Balloon Boy true confession.

jmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxIjfAQKCc&feature=player_embedded

Interview w/Josh's brother in law. The first interviewer (Sheppard Smith)
I have seen ask some GOOD questions.

Well, God Bless Shep! That's the first time I have seen a member of the media ask what I'd like to know, in the way I'd like to ask it. Too bad BIL didn't give any real answers.

Just like Cindy Anthony didn't ask KC about Caylee's murder when she was out on bond, this BIL states he didn't really ask Josh anything. What is wrong with people?! Geesh!

IMHO, he's like so many of these guys, he was planning, but didn't know when or exactly how. It's like Scott Peterson,..............you could tell from going back a few months prior to Laci's disappearance that he was starting to form his thoughts, but his plan wasn't exact. It wasn't until he met Amber and she found out he was married, that his plan began in earnest.

IMHO, it's the same here. From what little we know so far, his plan began a few months ago when he, IMHO, began 'acting' the part of wanting the marriage to work out. Well, we can only, for now, see maybe two months back when it appeared their marriage was on the right track, but he wasn't going to church, (important in their particular circumstances, imo) and then going camping etc...................................but,...............Susan was 'FEARFUL' which tells a LOT!

Something wasn't right at home, although he was giving the outward appearance of Mr. Wonderful, Super Dad,..................

We've seen this before. Brad Cooper, Chris Coleman,.............outward WONDERFUL, behind the scenes their wife was terrified and then...........:(

Just sayin'
fran

PS......and I don't believe he thought she was talking. After all, the most important thing an abuser tells the victim, "What goes on in this house,......or what goes on between you and me,............is OUR BUSINESS and no one elses!"

I've seen this from a friend. I've seen it from some of these murdering husbands. It's a FACT! this is what they tell their victim...:(

Bold mine.

I've been thinking about this JoVonna character. I believe she said she sat in church with Susan on Sunday, babysat her kids on Saturdays, crocheted together, etc. Is it possible that she was a tattle-tale to Josh...telling him about what Susan was saying about her marriage at church? It just strikes me as odd that a woman JoVonna's age doesn't see right thru Josh's "stories" and think he may be guilty. She still seems to be supporting him...so I wonder if from getting to know Josh, she has been closer to him all along, than Susan. Cuz I would think she should have been closer to Susan, both being women, crocheters, etc. Thoughts? Does this make sense?

There was one interview with Josh's sister on TV, she was in tears, and when asked if she thought her brother did something to Susan she said, "I hope not!" not "NO." She seemed so very upset. Apparently, the family was close to Susan and the children. That is the only family member other than Mr. Cox, Susan's father, and Kirk Graves, Josh's BIL that I've seen interviewed.

Bold mine.

Truthfully, IMO, Josh's sister seemed to mumble almost as much as he does, which makes me wonder if she knows something. Hmmmmm.

For those who think this was definitely pre-mediated, why do you think he didn't come up with a better alibi? And that isn't meant to be a shot at the pre-meditated idea, I really want to know what the theories are along that line so I can tumble this whole thing around again.

I think alot of times the perp premeditates and plans the murder, but not the disposal of the body. They plan everything and then after they see what they have done, they go "Doh, now what do I do with her/his body?" Case in point KC Anthony. Put her baby just yards from her home and merely feet off a road. Alot of perps are just dumb. JMO :)

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility. Seems like she was the one friend he was comfortable around and the only one so far that doesn't think he's a complete *advertiser censored*.

BIL on the Today Show and didn't seem to be as supportive of Josh anymore.

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility. Seems like she was the one friend he was comfortable around and the only one so far that doesn't think he's a complete *advertiser censored*.

eww, just eww.

We just have to keep in mind that there is always a contingent that feels the perp couldn't possibly do what the evidence shows that they have done. They may not actually be involved, but they just can't take the blinders off.

Wow, I can't believe I just actually wrote that. In the past, I have been very vocal about certain parents of convicted murderers and currently an accused murderer having knowledge of these crimes prior to the police investigation beginning.

As odd as I found JO to be, I am wondering if she was more of a parental figure for the family.

Maybe I missed something and need to go back and read more.

eww, just eww.

We just have to keep in mind that there is always a contingent that feels the perp couldn't possibly do what the evidence shows that they have done. They may not actually be involved, but they just can't take the blinders off.

Wow, I can't believe I just actually wrote that. In the past, I have been very vocal about certain parents of convicted murderers and currently an accused murderer having knowledge of these crimes prior to the police investigation beginning.

As odd as I found JO to be, I am wondering if she was more of a parental figure for the family.

Maybe I missed something and need to go back and read more.

I'm leaning more toward her being a 'family figure' or a 'mother hen' type. I wasn't saying that they definitely have a relationship, just that it's not something that should be ruled out. Stranger things have happened. Overall, I think this is one friend that Josh actually trusted. He may not have seen her as a threat. After all, a lot of Susan's friends were telling her to just leave him. Not JoVonna, though. She seems to have a good relationship with both of them.

Whoa! Ok, I know I'm way behind but,...............what a BOMBSHELL!

I bet Josh is truly upset!

Ok, I'm going to go back to trying to catch up. LOL, you all are moving so fast, I may not make it 'til morning.

WoW!!!
fran

PS..........GOOD for Susan! She did take precausions!

If that notebook does contain 'details', then LE better get rolling. I'm sorry but all signs point to this guy.

Fran, thank you for doing the list. You do good work, and I admire your insight to start it when you did.

Can you add to the list: the dinner he made was a pancake dinner (per JO on HLN/JVM). Lets see this dinner was at 4 or 5 and at 5:30 or so he decided to take the kids out to eat. Tell me what kids don't like pancakes and tell me how these kids became hungry in an hour or so?

Taminator, I just found her interview on JVM odd. Then, when I was reading the posts about her, and that one idea was that she may have been feeding info to JP regarding what Susan was saying outside the home gave me the willies.

I agree with you, she probably sees herself as an advisor of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879