UT UT - Tina Marie Jones, 52, Endangered, bi-polar & schizophrenia, Homeless, frequents SLC, last seen Clearfield, 16 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1693736984879.png

CLEARFIELD — Clearfield police are asking the public for help in finding a missing woman who is considered at risk.

Tina Marie Jones was last seen on Aug. 16 in Clearfield, Clearfield police said on social media. Jones is 52, has short, brown hair and blue eyes and is 5 feet 5 inches tall.

Police said she is homeless and frequents the Salt Lake City area. Jones is at risk due to her having bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, police said.

If anyone has information on Jones, they are asked to call the police department at 801-525-2806.

Clearfield City Police Facebook:

1693737143908.png

Lewis said her mom was most recently staying with a man that she met at his apartment in Clearfield. However, she said he didn’t report her missing for about a week when he realized her cellphone was still in his apartment. Clearfield Police say that everything he’s told them so far checks out, and that right now there’s no reason to suspect foul play.

“It just seems like she had intentions of coming back because all of her things are here,” Lewis said. “She’s very protective of her things.”

More at link

She would have called by now. It’s been over a month,” Lewis said. “It’s been really hard. I’ve been struggling a lot. You know, we need answers. We need something.”
surveillance.jpg

surveillance2.jpg

These images from surveillance video are the last time Tina Marie Jones was seen.

NamUs Case Created
December 1, 2023

Circumstances of Disappearance
Tina was last known to be living with an acquaintance in Clearfield, UT for a few days. She was known to have been living a transient lifestyle. Based on the acquaintance's testimony and surveillance footage, she was last seen walking away from the acquaintance's apartment. She left behind multiple suitcases full of clothing and her cell phone. She had been asking multiple people for money so she could travel to St. George, UT. She was last seen wearing a dark-colored shirt, dark-colored pants, and carrying a white wallet. It was reported that she did not have any scars, marks, or tattoos on her body

March 7, 2024

“Help us locate Tina Jones!” the Clearfield Police Department asked Thursday night online.

Tina has been missing for over 200 days, and we need the community’s help to find her. She was last seen in Clearfield on August 16, 2023, walking near the Center Street Bridge with no belongings.”

In a hopeful, bittersweet at best anniversary post, Clearfield police are asking for the public’s help locating Tina Jones, now missing for a year.

“Help us locate Tina Jones!” reads the Friday announcement online, a year to the day Jones was last seen.

“Tina has been missing for one year, and we need the community’s help to find her. She was last seen in Clearfield on August 16, 2023, walking near the Center Street Bridge with no belongings.”

SEP 21, 2024
[...]

“I did get married yesterday,” Lewis said. “Right before I was about to walk down the aisle, I broke down in tears. I saw my mom’s corsage. I got her a corsage.”

Her mother, Tina Jones, couldn’t be at the wedding because she has been missing for 13 months.

[...]

The Clearfield Police Department said detectives are still investigating the case, even looked into it as recently as a week ago, but there are still no answers or updated information.

[...]

Last edited:
Tina had made the news in 2011 for offering one of her kidneys to her school’s sweetheart, whom she then married. She is really a great person and I hope for her family to get answers

ETA
Unfortunately her husband died in 2019, must have been very difficult for Tina seeing the love they had for each other

Last edited:
Her maiden name is Tina Marie Nielson

More photos and info at official FB group

1727015011156.jpeg

According to the below tweet, Tina was last known to be in the area of the Clearfield Junction Apartments, at 101 North Main Street, Clearfield, Utah on August 16, 2023.

In the first CCTV she is here:

1727016309807.jpeg

In the second and last CCTV if you look closely she is looking to the left.

She was here (see red circle), same building but farther sec cam.
1727016384755.jpeg

She was looking left IMO. Left you have a pedestrian crossing, and an auto parts shop/garage.
There is thus a possibility that she crossed left

1727016521034.jpeg

On the left you have then the City Hall, while on the right atnthe crossing, a Health service

Last edited:
I noticed the mention of bipolar and schizophrenia, but unless I missed it, there was no mention of whether she was on/had prescription medication for either condition. When someone with mental illness is missing (especially when they're described as homeless/transient), my mind immediately wonders about meds/treatment. JMO

police believe she may have been trying to get to St. George.

ETA if this was the case, she may have gone straight in that road, and picked up by a car to get to the nearby highway

Why would she however leave everything behind (namely phone and clothes) is strange to me.

IMO she wasn’t on any medication, otherwise it would have been indicated “in urgent need of her medication” or sth similar. I also read some FB comments from above that you cannot force an adult to get help (whether for homelessness or disease), so I think this indicates no medication unfortunately. JMO of course.

Last edited:
That is correct. If they are a threat to themselves or others you can have them committed for evaluation but that doesn't guarantee treatment beyond a few days.

You can petition the court to have them removed if they cannot care for themself. My neighbors did this to my ex. Then the ex neighbor who was a council member for years bought the house and flipped it. It was more about them than getting help for my ex.

However, my ex is now institutionalized and on meds and not suffering like before. The downside is she is lonely and in a behaviorally disturbed unit where it is hardly possible to have a conversation with a resident let alone get to know them.

My heart goes out to these people. If Tina had a psychotic break she may be in a facility in another state with no name attached to her file. After a year though it is likely she will have been regulated on meds and released. I'm not sure how that works. I do know they can't stay in a mental hospital indefinitely.

Did Tina have any known connections to St. George? If not, I'd agree this was probably a psychotic break. Also, most transients/homeless  are very attached to their belongings (including those with mental illness), as it gives them a sense of security, imo. I'm guessing she got lost or injured and wasn't able to return to her things. JMO

• She had been asking for money to travel to St George, but we do nit know if she managed to have enough.
  • She was last seen with her white purse in her hand
IMO she went out to buy sth, could it be a travel ticket or whatever, intending to come back to pick up her things , but sth happened in between. What surprises me is the absence of additional footage, IMO suggesting she entered a vehicle at some point after the road crossiing.
Personally I do not believe in a psychtic break because she took her purse and she probably thought she would be back soon, hence notbtaking her phone. Maybe it was left charging or sth.

I could not find any info on potential links to St George, only past addresses in UT.

• She had been asking for money to travel to St George, but we do nit know if she managed to have enough.
  • She was last seen with her white purse in her hand
IMO she went out to buy sth, could it be a travel ticket or whatever, intending to come back to pick up her things , but sth happened in between. What surprises me is the absence of additional footage, IMO suggesting she entered a vehicle at some point after the road crossiing.
Personally I do not believe in a psychtic break because she took her purse and she probably thought she would be back soon, hence notbtaking her phone. Maybe it was left charging or sth.

I could not find any info on potential links to St George, only past addresses in UT.
Good points.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back