Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome MoxieThyme and FrauShan78 and anyone else I missed!!!!! :rocker:

the phone: they did mention this in the presser yesterday and I also read it in articles but I will have to find the link.

I also would hazard a guess (imhoo) that the phone could have been one of the "items of interest" that was found in the car. jmhoo of course.

I bet the perp turned it off.

I also really appreciate your detailed description of the area MoxieT! I, too, agree with you that something happened right after she got gas.

You can get an ariel of the location if you use the address of 1642 Rio Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA, and the 2nd location just type in the Carmike theaters, on Garden Blvd and it will pull up the address. You can see in the ariel that the Arden apartments in between the two. Sorry I am new to this site and don't know how to post the image or even save it to my computer it seems. Hope that helps!

Yes. I am looking at an aerial view. It might be 0.8 miles by car. But it's only a stone's throw on foot if her grandma lives at the back of the complex and she parked in the lot to the south of the theater.

But it could still be the gas station, what if it was someone she knew that was also stalking her via Twitter and . If she was willing to give away her personal information via social media, then maybe she was really a friendly person in real life too. It could have been someone who had visual of her from a location near the gas station too and may know about her family. Also, the location of her car is not exactly beside her Grandma's house it is 0.8 miles away, you can get a view of the map by typing in the two addresses. The newscaster in the interview kind of made that seem like it was next door but it wasn't they Grandma's house is parallel to the movie theater. I don't know if that is of any help but it made it seem more realistic to look at the actual map with the locations. I think you are on the right track with the gas station location.

It is misleading to say google it to view how far away it is imo. In the link I posted yesterday the Uncle showed the path from to get from their place to the general location of the car. It is 20 yards behind their residence!

Can anyone provide a media source telling us exactly where her car was parked? I didn't even realize that there is a long parking lot to the south of the theater. For some reason, I imagined her parking to the west of the theater. If she parked at the south end of that lot, it would jive with the statement about her car being 50 yards from grandma's apartment. There is that short sidewalk leading directly to Rio Hill Apartments. It's about 150 feet long. I'm going to track down the photos of her car and see if I can distinguish the area based on the background and foreground.

Here is a link to when the car got found and audio interview with the sheriff. Notice how he said the tip was anonymous, I thought the news said it was a family member? There are pictures of the view of the car I am not sure if you can see it fully and maybe match it to the arial of the map. I will see if I can find anything else.
http://www.blueridgelife.com/2013/0...r-located-in-alexis-murphy-missing-teen-case/

Of course... that doesn't explain why her car wasn't there until after 11am Tuesday.

I am just musing...

but... Could she have really gone to Lynchburg...

and car was driven to Charlottesville by perp to throw case off?

I wonder if the Liberty gas station video shows her leaving towards Lynchburg...

Or towards Charlottesville ... On the 29?

:waitasec:

It is misleading to say google it to view how far away it is imo. In the link I posted yesterday the Uncle showed the path from to get from their place to the general location of the car. It is 20 yards behind their residence!

The ariel map shows that Arden place apartments is in between Rio Hill Drive and Carmike theaters. Using google maps give you a precise distance, the newscaster if I remember said it was about 20 yards. I find it is is better to research the exact distance because news teams seem to guesstimate a lot. I apologize if you consider a map misleading over a statement from a newscaster but I do not. Unless she had an actually ruler that measured the distance then I would take her word. I am trying to get a saved image of the map but my computer does not allow me to save the image so that is why I said that it needed to be googled to get a view. If you zoom in on the ariel of the map you can see the places that were in between the two location. I do not think anything is misleading when nothing is really known.

I am actually also wondering (considering what moxieT said about a right from gas takes to lburg and a left to cville) if she changed her mind on where she wanted to go shopping and drove to cville? Or maybe she was going to stop by her work for something?

just throwing that thought out there.

The ariel map shows that Arden place apartments is in between Rio Hill Drive and Carmike theaters. Using google maps give you a precise distance, the newscaster if I remember said it was about 20 yards. I find it is is better to research the exact distance because news teams seem to guesstimate a lot. I apologize if you consider a map misleading over a statement from a newscaster but I do not. Unless she had an actually ruler that measured the distance then I would take the word.

Google maps gives you the main address of the apt. complex, and it covers a good amount of area. I have been in that parking lot and it is indeed about 20 yards from the place where the car was found to the back of the apartment complex. It is a short little road that goes from the parking lot to the complex.

Yes. I am looking at an aerial view. It might be 0.8 miles by car. But it's only a stone's throw on foot if her grandma lives at the back of the complex and she parked in the lot to the south of the theater.[/QUOTE

Why would anyone walk between or around apartment complexes to get to a location, unless they wanted to be hidden. Someone just said that maybe the perpetrator parked the car there to throw authorities off. That could definitely be a feasible possibility.

Here si a screen shot of where the apartments are and of the lot that her car was found in, to the best of my knowledge, based on MSM. Please note the scale.

alexismurphycar_zps9f95458e.png

The blue "P" is the lot her car was found in, the red pin is the Arden Apartments, as I understand it.

Google maps gives you the main address of the apt. complex, and it covers a good amount of area. I have been in that parking lot and it is indeed about 20 yards from the place where the car was found to the back of the apartment complex. It is a short little road that goes from the parking lot to the complex.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I do not live in Lynchburg anymore since going on 7 years now and the last time I was there was in 2012 to visit family.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I do not live in Lynchburg anymore since going on 7 years now and the last time I was in that area was in 2012 to visit family. I only have the arial map to use.

Officers questioned merchants in the square Wednesday and continued combing the U.S. 29 corridor in a radius around Lovingston. Called in to help by Nelson County authorities, the FBI issued a new "seeking information" poster online and in print and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children posted an updated "endangered missing" flier with new photos.
Authorities said they were pursuing leads, but were tight-lipped about the details. A judge sealed search warrants in Nelson related to the case.
Nelson County Sheriff David Brooks urged people to call with information.
"Someone has seen Alexis in the area," he said. "We want to bring Alexis home."
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_9e3f8e9e-001f-11e3-9c33-0019bb30f31a.html

Yes. I am looking at an aerial view. It might be 0.8 miles by car. But it's only a stone's throw on foot if her grandma lives at the back of the complex and she parked in the lot to the south of the theater.[/QUOTE

Why would anyone walk between or around apartment complexes to get to a location, unless they wanted to be hidden. Someone just said that maybe the perpetrator parked the car there to throw authorities off. That could definitely be a feasible possibility.

IF she was indeed kidnapped (and before arriving at the apartment complex) the perp would have to be familiar with her family to pull something like this off. There is NO WAY it was a random person. IMO.

BBM

I'm pretty sure he was sent down for 25 years in the early 90's according to MSM. Did you find that term at all?
No, the furthest back I found was the early 2000s.

One was a manufacturing/distribution charge. But if he served time for that he was out and getting vehicular tickets by the mid 2000s. I read in one article that said he was married, to the wife he killed, for somewhere around 20 years...can't remember the exact number.

The latest charge which sent him to jail and for which he was just released from jail, iirc, occurred in 2011. Maybe it was 2.5 versus 25 years.

The way sentences are shortened these days it could practically be one and the same. ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member