VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any new info on her uncle being missing as well? Someone posted something about that last night. When I read that my mind went to that other case where an uncle went missing at the same time as a girl, is it Brittney Wood? I dont' even want to go there, though.

Someone had stated they saw a tweet from a presumed family member of AM's saying "we miss you Uncle Tony, come home!" or something to that effect.

is there any new info on her uncle being missing as well? Someone posted something about that last night. When I read that my mind went to that other case where an uncle went missing at the same time as a girl, is it Brittney Wood? I dont' even want to go there, though.

Just an edit to say that the comment was about a Twitter post; not a Facebook comment. I found it. The person mentions the uncle twice. But there is no context to tell us what it is about. And I would expect LE to tell us if they had an idea who she might be with. I'd expect us to have a name and a car description.

To me - that aerial google photo proves to me that she was NOT there for the shopping obviously. That she did not place the car there. Look how far back that parking lot is! That looks like the overflow parking lot IMO and not the place a young lady would park even if they were meeting their friends at the cinema/going shopping.

Her car was parked about 35-40 miles from her house and about 500 feet from her grandma's apartment. It seems like the chances of that are one in several thousand.

I agree, theres no way it was random. All of the side roads and different parking lots she would have passed by.

I cant find any more on this crime, so wondering where MSM got the information from? Must be out there somewhere.

Well, with the way Virginia works...he was likely out in 12.5 years which would fit with the Appomattox arrest that began in the early 2000s. I didn't find the 1991 charge in the counties that I checked. It is possible that it occurred in another county or he was a minor at the time of the offense. That was 22 years ago and isn't he like 40 years old?

Well, with the way Virginia works...he was likely out in 12.5 years which would fit with the Appomattox arrest that began in the early 2000s. I didn't find the 1991 charge in the counties that I checked. It is possible that it occurred in another county or he was a minor at the time of the offense. That was 22 years ago and isn't he like 40 years old?

IIRC he is 49 years of age.

I found this on Cheatham:

http://www.vawd.uscourts.gov/OPINIONS/SARGENT/208CV8RAR.PDF

The Google snippet:
[PDF]
I:\SARGENT\Opinions & Orders\SS cases\Cheatham ssi rpt.wpd
www.vawd.uscourts.gov/OPINIONS/SARGENT/208CV8RAR.PDF‎
Plaintiff, Sylvester M. Cheatham, filed this action challenging the final decision .... 1991). -6- to the Appeals Council.5. Cheatham saw Dr. Leonard J. Cohen, M.D. ...

Some sort of appeal.

It's just for disability benefits.

Is SC even a suspect in this case?

Can someone please advise as to whom this person is that you are posting about and how they are connected to this case? Please and thank you.

Can someone please advise as to whom this person is that you are posting about and how they are connected to this case? Please and thank you.

He (Sylvester Matthew Cheatham) is wanted by police after his wife was found murdered in a hotel on Route 29 (Madison Heights), the day before Alexis went missing.

Alexis tweeted on Wed 31st July she was off to or in Madison Heights. We don't know why she was there, but do know Cheatham had booked himself into that hotel at the very least that day. He arranged to meet his wife that night to sign divorce papers that he had been stalling on doing.

If he does not connect to this case at this time it is just best to stick to what we know so far.

eta: okay Jelly! I see now. Yes that is okay then. For some reason my internet is slogging along like a slug right now.

His name has come up because he is suspected in the murder of his wife the day before AM disappered. That occurred within a few miles of the Liberty gas station. I guess some fear he carjacked AM or somehow lured her into meeting him...

This case is being watched by all available LE...my page loads on this thread are very sluggish, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member