VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever have any questions we are here to help :rockon: We are glad you are here!

O/T: I just noticed you are from Deutchland! I lived three years in Kirchgoens and three years in Mannheim! I LOVE and MISS Deutchland!

Thanks so much! Oh awesome! I just moved back here in July near Cologne my husband is in the German Airforce and we were stateside in NM for the past 5 years. I love it here too, it is very peaceful and the scenery is gorgeous, reminds me so much of VA. The food is awesome too! :cheers:

I agree, unfortunately.... but I also think that we need to also consider that it may not have been a man used to rope her in... just meaning that we should keep the line of thinking open to all possibilities...

I agree, she seems to have quite a following of women on her account or at least those who said they were female. On her twitter account she had a lot of women hitting on her too it seemed.

I agree, unfortunately.... but I also think that we need to also consider that it may not have been a man used to rope her in... just meaning that we should keep the line of thinking open to all possibilities...

There was a case not long ago where two girls killed their friend. I don't remember the details. I just read a little about it. LE probably shouldn't rule out the involvement of a girl about the same age as Alexis.

http://www.wset.com/story/23084374/...route-29-corridor-in-search-for-alexis-murphy

Nelson Co., VA - Investigators are releasing a little bit of new information in the search for missing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

The search for the 17-year-old is now in its fourth full day, and Thursday, investigators say they are focusing their search on the Route 29 corridor.

Here's what we learned overnight in the Alexis Murphy case:

1. Investigators are pulling every surveillance camera along the Rt. 29 corridor trying to find anything that may tell them where Alexis Murphy was and when she was there.

2. Her cell phone still is not active.

3. Investigators have narrowed down a specific time frame for when her car was left at the Carmike Cinemas, however they are not releasing that time to the media.

4. If the search continues much longer officials say they will likely begin to expand their search outside the state.

5. They have already received tips from other states, but none of those have panned out to be anything.

6. For now, investigators are still acting under the assumption that Alexis is in Virginia.

7. Investigators acknowledge they are not releasing a lot of information to the public, but they are asking everyone bare with them and they say they are making progress and the case is moving in leaps in bounds everyday.

On WVIR NBC28 FB page a guy thinks he saw her with 2 other girls on Sunday in a best buy in Christiansburg. (reported) That is farther south past Lynchburg and just a little more than 2 hrs from her home. Interesting if it turned out to be true.

Leaps and bounds is a good thing.
Cell phone inactive is a bad thing. That means they dont have it.

Rt 29- I wonder if they are thinking about the Rt 29 killer from many years ago?

Hey ya'll! :) Just thinking out loud here ---

Didn't an article mention that the police were rather "Surprised" that they found her car where the did? Could it be that surveillance from the gas station showed turning to go to bourg - yet found her car in the opposite direction? I think that could very well "surprise" police.

I agree... I think she was burg (LB) bound as she said... she often said where she was going in her tweets... I think her car ending up in CV was due to influence from another or maybe even being driving by another, after leaving the gas station.. JMO

She could have left with or met up with other women who might have ulterior motives. Best Buy might be a place to get a new phone. I found another twitter page that has a different name and is active. Looks like the someone who is posting could either be Alexis or be using her media.

One of her last videos she said maybe "I should just be a stripped." She also replied to a sk.fm request to run off together... Saying something like that's all I've been thinking about lately.

She could have left with or met up with other women who might have ulterior motives. Best Buy might be a place to get a new phone. I found another twitter page that has a different name and is active. Looks like the someone who is posting could either be Alexis or be using her media.

One of her last videos she said maybe "I should just be a stripped." She also replied to a sk.fm request to run off together... Saying something like that's all I've been thinking about lately.

You should call it in imo. Can they track that?

I know she has a vine that talks about the fake pages and she also states that on her twitter and FB. Is there anyway you can post the link to the other twitter account?

I found another twitter page that has a different name and is active. Looks like the someone who is posting could either be Alexis or be using her media.

there was a post on here, way back at the beginning I think where someone had said they read on one of her SM that a lot of people had set up fake accounts pretending to be her? is this possibly one of them? either way should still be called in, as suggested, for certain... imo

It's a Nissan...they have been known to lock themselves after a few minutes. Not sure that is what happened here but from personal experience, I know it does happens.One thing that really bothers me...the scent leading to the clubhouse. In the 2005 Fairfax Rape & vicious attack...the victim was dragged to the clubhouse. The sketch, in Morgan H's case comes from that case and DNA linked one man to both the FFX victim and MH.

I checked the court records for SMC and he has lots of arrests for minor offenses in Appomattox County but it does not appear as if he was incarcerated at the time of MH's death. I checked court records for Nelson, Albemarle, Fairfax and Orange Counties in Virginia and found nothing further.

His last arrest was for leaving the scene of an accident...not sure if that was a felony or not. AFAIK, Virginia requires DNA for felonies and possibly not Misdemeanors. However, the Fairfax County Police arrested Vanessa Pham's killer on a simple retail charge of something similar to changing a tag on an item. But the value of the item may have made it a felony. With that arrest they actually had forensic evidence linking him to VP's murder. Had to have been DNA because, it seems, he would have been fingerprinted for his other earlier arrests.

I have a Nissan Xterra, so yes, it does lock back by itself if I unlock it with the key FOB and don't enter it within a certain amount of time. But if I get out of it and walk away, it doesn't lock by itself. I have to use the key FOB to do that.

If you're talking about the one I think you're talking about that isn't her.

She stopped using her account a few days before she disappeared. I wonder if that's meaningful.

I feel pretty strongly that the Liberty gas station area is where her phone was last used/last pinged/last registered on GPS. The reason for this is that the initial search area was 30 miles north and south (cell tower range) of that location on 29. I feel that the reason LE was surprised her car was in C-vile is because of this, as well as because she was expected to go to L-burg. I don't think a camera showed which way she went when she left.

Having said this, all of these purported sightings are interesting. What if she parked her car there herself because she wanted it to be found by family?

I feel pretty strongly that the Liberty gas station area is where her phone was last used/last pinged/last registered on GPS. The reason for this is that the initial search area was 30 miles north and south (cell tower range) of that location on 29. I feel that the reason LE was surprised her car was in C-vile is because of this, as well as because she was expected to go to L-burg. I don't think a camera showed which way she went when she left.

Having said this, all of these purported sightings are interesting. What if she parked her car there herself because she wanted it to be found by family?

Wouldn't the dogs have caught her scent then? JMO.

the dogs caught a scent... we just don't know whose scent it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow