VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment sticks out. I don't know how fm works...I guess the parties can private message as well? Can you say when this was posted?

When you gon come to the Vilee and lemme getchu high FORREAL?!
I'm here now, lol.
27 days ago

I don't think she met up with someone in relation to modeling, just think she is smarter than that, and I know it is crazy but... I am sort of on the fence that this has nothing to do with her online presence. I won't be surprised if does though.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, I may have missed it. Are there any recent ads in local media for "video vixens" in her area? Alexis is a beautiful young lady, with an active twitter etc. following, I'm sure she has no idea of the kind of predators out there, but I do wonder if she could have been flattered/stalked/encouraged into maybe trying out for an urban modelling/video vixen audition and something happened?

Again, if this has been discussed, forgive me, just a thought I had seeing her pictures.

Holy crap! I was JUST sitting here thinking "She has video vixen written all over her". I think she's the type of person who would spread the word that she has an audition though, she would be too hyped about it. Even if someone told her to keep it on the DL she would have left cryptic clues. IMO.

there's a ton of predators that do use that angle though and most of the girls end up in sex rings. It happens all the time in Chicago. she's too young to be on Model Mayhem but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a profile on there. I'm a member so I guess I could try looking. I would just think if she was "modeling", she would post those photos verses candid selfies.

She throws around a lot of slang terms although doesn't actually post the photos to prove she did it: Molly, lean and smoking weed. She has 1 or 2 photos with smoke but no proof of a bong etc. i didn't see the double cups to represent lean. I would think if she actually had these drugs, she would post proof (most do, and why? I don't know). I think it was part of her online image if you will and not really true to the person she was. I think in all honesty she was a good girl but that didn't get her the attention she craved and the online world is more enticed by a "vixen" with hood rat tendencies. She held a job, managed her sports and was in honors. These are not signs of even a functioning addict. I don't know too many people who do lean and molly that feel up to something like volleyball. Know what I mean?

I truly do not think she was a stupid girl or careless in the REAL sense. She might promise to meet up with boys but I have this nagging suspicion that she didn't. It was all for show and that could have very well caught up with her in a big way.

I don't think she met up with someone in relation to modeling, just think she is smarter than that, and I know it is crazy but... I am sort of on the fence that this has nothing to do with her online presence. I won't be surprised if does though.

I feel 100% the same way. I just don't think it had anything to do with her online persona. I don't think she would have willingly met up with someone. She might have said she would but then not shown. I have a feeling this is someone she trusted, whom she willingly either gave a ride somewhere (and things turned ugly) and they then took the car back after using it for a few days to a place close to family and work - in maybe an attempt to throw LE off. But for someone to place that car so close to family and work, they knew her personal life and they knew it well.

It would be rather simple for someone she knew to say they needed a ride somewhere and could she take them. If she was busying hanging out with someone, she wouldn't necessarily been on twitter or vine - she would be engaged in conversation. A person could snatch her phone by asking to use hers if theirs was "dead". There's so many scenarios here which would fit and seem so innocent at the time to her and most of us wouldn't think twice about giving a friend a ride, to borrow our phone etc.

Holy crap! I was JUST sitting here thinking "She has video vixen written all over her". I think she's the type of person who would spread the word that she has an audition though, she would be too hyped about it. Even if someone told her to keep it on the DL she would have left cryptic clues. IMO.

there's a ton of predators that do use that angle though and most of the girls end up in sex rings. It happens all the time in Chicago. she's too young to be on Model Mayhem but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a profile on there. I'm a member so I guess I could try looking. I would just think if she was "modeling", she would post those photos verses candid selfies.

She throws around a lot of slang terms although doesn't actually post the photos to prove she did it: Molly, lean and smoking weed. She has 1 or 2 photos with smoke but no proof of a bong etc. i didn't see the double cups to represent lean. I would think if she actually had these drugs, she would post proof (most do, and why? I don't know). I think it was part of her online image if you will and not really true to the person she was. I think in all honesty she was a good girl but that didn't get her the attention she craved and the online world is more enticed by a "vixen" with hood rat tendencies. She held a job, managed her sports and was in honors. These are not signs of even a functioning addict. I don't know too many people who do lean and molly that feel up to something like volleyball. Know what I mean?

I truly do not think she was a stupid girl or careless in the REAL sense. She might promise to meet up with boys but I have this nagging suspicion that she didn't. It was all for show and that could have very well caught up with her in a big way.

BUT, here is the problem: Her pages are all open and here is what the general pubic knows...
Her real name
the name of the county and state she lives in
the name of her school
her grade at the school
her cousin's name
her mother's name
her uniform number
where she works
when she works
where she is going and when

The list goes on & on. Any predator would have no problem figuring out her address and then physically stalking her. It is everything they need to track her movements in real life and real time :(

BUT, her is the problem: Her pages are all open and here is what the general pubic knows...
Her real name
the name of the county and state she lives in
the name of her school
her grade at the school
her cousin's name
her mother's name
her uniform number
where she works
when she works
where she is going and when

The list goes on & on. Any predator would have no problem figuring out her address and then physically stalking her. It is everything they need to track her movements in real life and real time :(

The good news is that we only have about 11,000 suspects out there with enough information to plan a successful abduction.

On the news tonight, there was an update in the Vanessa Pham case. It was revealed that the lousy creature, that stabbed her 13 times and left her to die, used a ploy that his baby was sick. He, a complete stranger, approached her. Then he told her he needed a ride to Inova Fairfax Hospital. The poor girl agreed to help him. He and his baby got into her car. Per the Washington Post, he did not rob her. Instead he said he became enraged when she turned the wrong way down the service road. When that went wrong he stabbed her over & over again. Afterwards, he exited the vehicle with his baby...................
I knew it was horrible but there are no words to describe the level of depravity that some people possess.

The good news is that we only have about 11,000 suspects out there with enough information to plan a successful abduction.

Try again- her twitter is public... how many people on the internet nowdays? :(

Some good news is that LE was issued multiple search warrants today (though sealed). It leads me to believe that they are onto something potentially big.

Like some of you, I don't believe this case has anything to do with her online persona. Well, in the sense that it was random stalking anyway. To me, it seems more likely that it was either someone she knew or a random crime of opportunity at or near the Liberty.

An article - I can't find it now - states that she was seen going in the store and then leaving with something. I suppose this implies that she bought something at the store. I wonder if it was blunts or something*? Then again, she is only 17, so she may not be able to purchase them in VA.

*Not judging her if it was. Just considering that she may have been going somewhere to smoke or to get some smoke.

if they didn't id her she could have bought blunts but i think at 17 you can buy papers (I can be wrong though). I don't think she actually smoked though.

This is an interesting news video about the AM vigil. At around the 2:20 minute part of the video the newscaster says she spoke to people who never met AM in real life only through social media and came to the vigil. I wonder if these people are people of interest? I hope that the LE was at the vigil. It just seems a bit strange IMO.
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...Attend-Vigil-for-Alexis-Murphy-218938631.html

I doubt she just took off. Sounds like she had a lot of things going on. Even if she disagreed with her mom or whatever, teens value their activities and friends and routines too much, IMO. And they don't like discomfort, if they are used to comfort. I think the worst has probably happened, either by her meeting up with someone on purpose, or a totally random event.

I hate to admit it. I too think this beautiful teen has had the worst happen.
I keep thinking about how Tweens and teens and young adults love to talk on the phone, love to text and love being with friends. They usually don't go long at all without communicating. :moo:

The timeline doesn't add up.
On Saturday at 3:14 she tweets "Burg Bound"
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23086283/alexis-murphy-timeline
But her parents say they last see her at home at around 6:00 pm.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=391565
However the Liberty station is only around 5 minutes away and she doesn't end up there until 7:15. Where is that hour and several minutes?
If she was going to Lynchburg, it is about 43 minutes from Shipman. Leaving at 7:15 would not put her there until 8:00. That is kind of late to START shopping, but the Walmart there is open 24 hours. If she ever made it there, there would be video.

The car is found 180 degrees away from Lynchburg, almost an identical distance away from Shipman as Lynchburg is from Shipman. (36.52 vs 38.62 miles). Could/would she have decided to go to a different area to shop?

She borrowed the car from her father, but did it need gas? Why was she at the station?
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Alexis-Murphys-Father-Speaks-Out-About-Search-218909451.html

The "Burg Bound" was tweeted at 6:04 pm according to her twitter timeline. The news got that wrong. Her twitter can be found under RealFolarin_.

The timeline doesn't add up.
On Saturday at 3:14 she tweets "Burg Bound"
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23086283/alexis-murphy-timeline
But her parents say they last see her at home at around 6:00 pm.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=391565
However the Liberty station is only around 5 minutes away and she doesn't end up there until 7:15. Where is that hour and several minutes?
If she was going to Lynchburg, it is about 43 minutes from Shipman. Leaving at 7:15 would not put her there until 8:00. That is kind of late to START shopping, but the Walmart there is open 24 hours. If she ever made it there, there would be video.

The car is found 180 degrees away from Lynchburg, almost an identical distance away from Shipman as Lynchburg is from Shipman. (36.52 vs 38.62 miles). Could/would she have decided to go to a different area to shop?

She borrowed the car from her father, but did it need gas? Why was she at the station?
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Alexis-Murphys-Father-Speaks-Out-About-Search-218909451.html

The "Burg Bound" was tweeted at 6:04 pm according to her twitter timeline. The news got that wrong. Her twitter can be found under RealFolarin_.

I just dont understand about her car being parked so close to family. I feel like she actually went to Cville to hang out with someone. The searching of the house if very interesting though.

I don't know if anyone has asked. What exactly does RealFolarin mean? I can't make any sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member