VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pretty strongly that the Liberty gas station area is where her phone was last used/last pinged/last registered on GPS. The reason for this is that the initial search area was 30 miles north and south (cell tower range) of that location on 29. I feel that the reason LE was surprised her car was in C-vile is because of this, as well as because she was expected to go to L-burg. I don't think a camera showed which way she went when she left.

Having said this, all of these purported sightings are interesting. What if she parked her car there herself because she wanted it to be found by family?

actually the initial search area was confined to the lovingston, shipman, and oak ridge area... all within a few miles of the gas station... and did not expand to include areas north or south by 30 miles until noon on Tuesday... I know because I was really upset that they were not looking for her outside of the immediate area around lovingston... when from what the public was told she was on the way to LB and had 30 miles of highway in which she could have swerved to miss a deer and be sitting 10 feet off the road in underbrush where no one could see her and they were only looking in lovingston area... I know because there were other people in the community walking those more southerly areas of 29 in Nelson and Amherst looking for her car in ditches wondering why the LE weren't... so to me that smells like they already knew then that something was up... hence, another reason why I think they were surprised that her car showed up in cv

I don't think a camera showed which way she went when she left.

also, that left or right turn out of the gas station is at the only stop light in the county… I would think there are cameras at the light? But don’t know if they only click on when someone runs a red or what have you… because the exit is very much downhill from the gas station, I do not believe that any cameras from the gas station or any of the stores there would see her turning, but perhaps the small gas station or bank across the street might? Big maybe… might check it out on way to vigil tonight..

Leaps and bounds is a good thing.
Cell phone inactive is a bad thing. That means they dont have it.

Rt 29- I wonder if they are thinking about the Rt 29 killer from many years ago?

agreed... alicia showalters? not to mention... wait, is it okay to post a pic here or do I have to post a link to a pic... I have a map I saved but don't know if I can find where i got it from... it shows girls missing or killed within vicinity of 29 since 2009?

Not Alexis on that "Taki" twitter. But must say, they are like carbon copies. Why don't these girls look at the contacts of their most regular followers? If they just would maybe they might see that they are just a dime a dozen. It is so degrading and unless they make outside contacts, then what do they get in exchange for providing all this to these creepy men and women?

here's another thought to, talking of possible lures that she may have fallen for, from either man or woman... seeing how beautiful she is... and her fashion interest... modeling? question and her answer:

Would u ever model for Kloud Clothing?
Yes.
20 days ago

here is the link to Kloud Clothing... www.kloudclothing.com

actually the initial search area was confined to the lovingston, shipman, and oak ridge area... all within a few miles of the gas station... and did not expand to include areas north or south by 30 miles until noon on Tuesday...

Right. Because she had a smartphone and they probably GPS'd her location to within a mile or so of the gas station, and when they found nothing they expanded the search out to tower range.

Right. Because she had a smartphone and they probably GPS'd her location to within a mile or so of the gas station, and when they found nothing they expanded the search out to tower range.

hmmm... or they expanded their search location once the phone went dead... (saturday evening to tuesday afternoon... is a long time for a smart phone battery even on standby) maybe the phone is sitting along the side of 29 within that initial radius, thrown from a window... or something... thoughts to ponder

here's another thought to, talking of possible lures that she may have fallen for, from either man or woman... seeing how beautiful she is... and her fashion interest... modeling? question and her answer:

Would u ever model for Kloud Clothing?
Yes.
20 days ago

here is the link to Kloud Clothing... www.kloudclothing.com

omg this is so possible.

1) she is interested in fashion

2) on her she has repeatedly told question askers that she will give them her cell phone number

3) she posted her outfits all the time

4) great ideas moxie!

I am wondering if she had any online modeling profiles?

oh and

5) she told her family she was going shopping for her extensions for her senior pictures, right? I think I read that upstream. So: is it possible someone met her somewhere? Lure being a photo shoot for modeling?

i am sick just thinking about it.

<just thinking at this point>:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Yes, Alicia Showalter Reynolds.

Her's an article about what they called the Rt 29 stalker.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Route_29_Stalker

So, I am a newbie to this forum. Living in Christiansburg, VA, having grown up in Nelson County and attended Nelson County High School, having spent considerable time in Charlottesville ... let's just say that the Rt. 29 Stalker and Morgan Harrington and now Alexis Murphy hit home, so to speak. It is unfathomable that these sorts of abductions have been going on for so long down the same highway corridor.

Having said that, IMO it is difficult to think that the same person would be doing the same crime for that many years. Quite simply, age and physical capability become a factor.

Having said that, IMO it might be fruitful to examine what about this geographical area might provide some explanation. It is densely wooded in many places, with few houses or businesses. It is a direct line between urban areas -- looking at a Google map you can see that from Northern VA (NOVA), you take Rte 17S to 29S all the way through Danville to Greensboro, NC. In other words, it is almost as fast a North-South route as highway 81 (to the West) and Highway 95 (to the East), but it is MUCH more secluded with large areas of undeveloped land to either side, lower traffic, and fewer lighted areas. Potentially ideal conditions for a certain sort of primate.

Speculation: Perhaps there is a connection between all of these Rt. 29 incidents, but it is one of convenient geography. Note that the Morgan Harrington suspect also attacked (per DNA evidence) another woman in NOVA, quite possibly travelling along that North-South corridor (http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412).

Of course, my heartfelt wish is that Alexis is found, and quickly, and alive; should that not prove to be the case, I can only hope that it is the same person who abducted Morgan Harrington and that the case leads to the capture of this person. A part of me really hopes that no two such people are alive and conducting their attacks in this area.

So, I am a newbie to this forum. Living in Christiansburg, VA, having grown up in Nelson County and attended Nelson County High School, having spent considerable time in Charlottesville ... let's just say that the Rt. 29 Stalker and Morgan Harrington and now Alexis Murphy hit home, so to speak. It is unfathomable that these sorts of abductions have been going on for so long down the same highway corridor.

Having said that, IMO it is difficult to think that the same person would be doing the same crime for that many years. Quite simply, age and physical capability become a factor.

Having said that, IMO it might be fruitful to examine what about this geographical area might provide some explanation. It is densely wooded in many places, with few houses or businesses. It is a direct line between urban areas -- looking at a Google map you can see that from Northern VA (NOVA), you take Rte 17S to 29S all the way through Danville to Greensboro, NC. In other words, it is almost as fast a North-South route as highway 81 (to the West) and Highway 95 (to the East), but it is MUCH more secluded with large areas of undeveloped land to either side, lower traffic, and fewer lighted areas. Potentially ideal conditions for a certain sort of primate.

Speculation: Perhaps there is a connection between all of these Rt. 29 incidents, but it is one of convenient geography. Note that the Morgan Harrington suspect also attacked (per DNA evidence) another woman in NOVA, quite possibly travelling along that North-South corridor (http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412).

Of course, my heartfelt wish is that Alexis is found, and quickly, and alive; should that not prove to be the case, I can only hope that it is the same person who abducted Morgan Harrington and that the case leads to the capture of this person. A part of me really hopes that no two such people are alive and conducting their attacks in this area.

Add to your observations, four or so colleges in a row.

Okay so now we know exactly what she was wearing the day she disappeared... but anything else??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow