VA - Alyssa Jane Venable, 23, ARRESTED for murdering her three roommates - Fredericksburg, June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
Alyssa Jane Venable, 23, stands accused of three counts of murder in the second degree and one count of use of a firearm during the commission of a felony, according to the Spotsylvania Sheriff’s Office.

The incident occurred at a house on White Street Court in a rural area of Fredericksburg, a medium-sized city some 48 miles south of Washington, D.C. Police have not ventured a timeline for when the murders occurred but the crimes were discovered earlier this week.

On Monday night, around 10 p.m., deputies arrived at the house in question to conduct a welfare check, the sheriff’s office said.

“Upon arrival, deputies made entry into the residence to discover three adults (two males and one female) deceased from upper body trauma,” according to a press release issued late Wednesday morning, “After further investigation and evidence collection, it was discovered that a roommate had committed this heinous crime.”

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — Authorities are urgently searching for a woman they say killed three of her roommates in Spotsylvania County. But the grandmother of the alleged suspect also worries her granddaughter is a danger to herself.

On Tuesday, at 10 p.m., deputies responded to a home on White Street Court in Fredericksburg, Virginia to conduct a welfare check. Two men and a woman were found dead in the house. They were identified as Robert McGuire, 77, Gregory Powell, 60, and Carol Reese, 65.

[...]

Alyssa Venable is wanted on three counts of second-degree murder and using a gun while committing a felony. Police say she was charged with assault and battery over an altercation at a McDonald's she worked at just last month.

"If something was wrong, she'd snap at you quick," her former co-worker Bianca Smith told WUSA9. "I feel like she was in an irritated mood all the time."

While Jane Venable said her granddaughter was never a saint, she also said she wasn't violent. She's pleading for Alyssa to reach out.

Posted at 3:07 PM, Jun 06, 2024
SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. -- A woman accused of killing her three elderly roommates inside their Spotsylvania County home may have shaved her head to "evade detection," deputies said Thursday afternoon.
[snip]
Crime Insider sources tell CBS 6’s Jon Burkett that federal authorities are now involved in the search for Venable.
Woman wanted for killing 3 elderly roommates in Virginia now may have shaved head, deputies say
Wonder where she would have done that at ?
Home before she fled? Anything about a car?

I'm definitely curious about what the motive could be. How long was she living with them? It seems a tad bit bizarre that a 20 something year old would live with 3 significantly older residents, but I don't know the dynamic. This article says she was charged with assault and battery over a workplace incident last month, perhaps that sent her down a spiral. A former co-worker says she seemed irritated a lot of the time. This is so sad, 3 families grieving and a fourth trying to understand how something so heinous could have happened. RIP to the victims. I'm sure more information will come out when she is extradited. I wonder if she was trying to flee to Canada? Not too smart to take the most populous route to get there. Glad she's in custody.

I wonder if one of the older roommates is a relation. Because yes, it seems odd that someone her age with no relation to any of the three older roomies would be living with them. JMO

Was her head shaved when they got her? Just wondering.
Around 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, troopers with the New York State Police observed a gray 2009 Honda Civic matching what Vendable was known to drive and attempted to initiate a traffic stop

The driver refused to stop, and a high-speed chase ensued. At some point during the pursuit, a tire deflation device was used, causing the vehicle to crash.

ETA: mugshot is insetted in photo accompanying Law & Crime's most recent story. Cut short, not shaved, to answer your question.
Noting that the defendant was treated at a hospital for “non-life-threatening injuries,” troopers said the next step will be starting the process to extradite Venable to Virginia to face charges.

Steuben County Jail records reviewed by Law&Crime show that Venable was booked after 1 a.m. on Friday. Evidently, her head was not shaved despite the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office’s speculation on that front.

According to Spotsylvania General District Court records, Venable has a lengthy criminal history dating back to March 2019 that started with an alleged shoplifting or price-altering offense. Later that month, the original charge was amended to one count of entering property to cause damage. In December 2021, she was charged with petit larceny. In January of this year, she was charged with reckless driving. On May 17, the defendant was charged with assault and battery.

Alyssa-Venable-1.jpg

The location where she was finally stopped
Evidently she was headed east on I-86 trying to go north on I-390.

edited for new information, source and photo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay