VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm REALLY confused here. There was the search at Northside Park for AJ'S phone (not sure when that ping occurred), and
there was this IOW search for some cell phone that pinged on March 3 @ 8:00. So, are people getting these 2 phone searches confused, or am I?

The search at Northside Park was conducted by LE March 12th (during the night). It was never specified whether they were searching for her phone or something else. The search followed a tip. Nothing was found. Or LE didn't say whether they found anything.

WH & Co organized a search March 13th in the Tidewater Drive area because, according to WH, her phone pinged there.

LE searched pond in IOW county April 3rd, following a tip which didn't come from the tip line (I'll refrain from wisecracking), which may - according to locals interviewed by the media - have been a phone ping.

Clear as mud? I thought so :(

Love how MSM can take circumstantial evidence and turn it in to "fact." There is absolutely nothing released to the public that says the van was WH's. A witness said he recognized a van from the company WH works for, but that's the only thing connecting him to the van. The company said the van had reason to be in that area as well for jobs, so it would explain why it was there. Paper thin until something a heck of a lot more concrete comes out regarding the van.

Maybe someone could clear something up for me, how does WH know where AJ phone pinged at?

This is Verizon's and Sprint's info on the E911 tracking, which is just interesting reading. I don't know what service AJ have but we know that she probably didn't place a E911 call which would only track a phone to around "50 to 150 meters depending on the environment." I would think that just using her cell phone pings would be less precise than the E911 tracking because even that sometimes doesn't give precise locations.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/e911-compliance-faqs/

http://www.sprint.com/business/newsletters/articles/e911how_federal01.html (there is also a link for more E911 info http://www.sprint.com/business/newsletters/articles/e911where_federal01.html )

And it's important to note that the best you should expect is 50 meters in "town" and 150-300 meters in less densely populated areas (aka "the country").

I suspected the tip might be from cell provider records that just came in but pinpointing it directly IN or near the pond is far too specific. A ping can show the intersection or a reasonably accurate area but it's not going to show the phone being in a pond.

And didn't the news reports say LE was there for 2 days and the first day they were searching along the road and in the ditches?
(maybe I'm wrong but I thought they said something about ditches and brush)

This is likely why WH has told us over and over that he does heating and air (not plumbing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it said he Occasionally works for this company

Here's some perspective on the ping searches. Tidewater (on the right) is where WH & Co searched on March 13 following an alleged phone ping in the area. Location on the left shows where LE was searching yesterday re: an apparent phone ping.

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.58.19 PM.jpg

You can see the Chesapeake area in the bottom right where some of her belongings were supposedly found.

Love how MSM can take circumstantial evidence and turn it in to "fact." There is absolutely nothing released to the public that says the van was WH's. A witness said he recognized a van from the company WH works for, but that's the only thing connecting him to the van. The company said the van had reason to be in that area as well for jobs, so it would explain why it was there. Paper thin until something a heck of a lot more concrete comes out regarding the van.

That's what they do, ESPECIALLY in the UK where the journalistic standards are different.

Those who have encountered me on other threads may recall my disdain for this particular MSM outlet.

It's widely known as the "Daily Fail". For good reason. I'll try and refrain from my usual rant about their "reporting"...

They do often have good photos.

Maybe I just really want to believe JH and WH aren't involved but I am wondering if the lack of details (lies) in the beginning was due to them not wanting to air their dirty laundry (separation and possible drug use by WH). Is it possible that they were so busy trying to look like the Brady bunch they came of looking shady.
As for JM, I just wonder at this point if she does not know what else to do in finding AJ so she is throwing herself into this new project to keep her busy and out of LEs way until there is a break?
It is so easy to peg the elephant but really feeling in my gut there is more to this.

Here's some perspective on the ping searches. Tidewater (on the right) is where WH & Co searched on March 13 following an alleged phone ping in the area. Location on the left shows where LE was searching yesterday re: an apparent phone ping.

View attachment 72324

You can see the Chesapeake area in the bottom right where some of her belongings were found.

BBM: pedantic mode: where WH alleges some of her belongings were found. LE has not confirmed WHAT was found, NOR who whatever was found might belong to. /pedantic mode.

Sorry-not-sorry.

You know what, gang? I want to recant my thoughts on JH/WH being able to track AJ's phone. I think it's quite possible I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5, drawing a connection from the media report and what Zach mentioned about tracking her cell phone. I don't want to muddy the waters with a conclusion based on so tenuous a connection...the waters are muddy enough as it is. And now that I've removed that supposition from my various scenarios, I'm going to go back and see how it affects them...and I'll probably end up with 150 scenarios as opposed to the 100 I started out with this morning. :facepalm:

Totally easy to do. I've been guilty of it myself a few times. Or, just can't manage to put my fingers on that one missing piece of info. There is so much to keep track of in this case, with all the twists and turns and changing stories. :facepalm:

Maybe I just really want to believe JH and WH aren't involved but I am wondering if the lack of details (lies) in the beginning was due to them not wanting to air their dirty laundry (separation and possible drug use by WH). Is it possible that they were so busy trying to look like the Brady bunch they came of looking shady.
As for JM, I just wonder at this point if she does not know what else to do in finding AJ so she is throwing herself into this new project to keep her busy and out of LEs way until there is a break?
It is so easy to peg the elephant but really feeling in my gut there is more to this.

I think there was something going on in that home and AJ got stuck in the middle of it.
JH and WH have all the answers.
JMO

It's the Daily Fail. You didn't expect journalistic integrity, right? ;)

A ping can show the intersection or a reasonably accurate area but it's not going to show the phone being in a pond.

And didn't the news reports say LE was there for 2 days and the first day they were searching along the road and in the ditches?

Yeah, news reports did say they searched "properties" on Thursday - so they were searching more than just the pond.

"Detectives went out to the area Thursday night to search and returned Friday morning"
"Detectives took pictures Thursday night, talked to neighbors and searched properties, Sutton said."
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/04/after-tip-norfolk-police-searching-missing-teen

I have just been watching the thread for a while since I have run out of things to say or speculate because this case just seems to be a rollercoaster ride with no end. But I just wanna say you guys are so persistent and never stop coming up with possible motives, explanations, etc and I think it's really cool :) okay back to being quiet!

I don't know about iphones because we're one of those families that is 100% Android. But I'm SURE iphone has the same kinds of things...

That being said, on all our devices, mom, dad, kids, cats, dog (just kidding, the pets don't have devices, yet) we have BOTH Google location reporting, and Android device manager activated. They're both EXTREMELY accurate, as long as the phone is on. Not too long ago my hubby went out to run errands and he went to a city north of us that has his favorite dvd store. He never said he was going there, but because he was gone longer than he should have been for these errands, I *knew* where he was ;) I pulled up the Google location history and the time stamp for the current time, and sure enough, it showed his phone right AT the dvd store. So I texted him...

"put that one down, it's a stupid movie and a waste of money" He replied: "LOL!!! How did you know?!" (funny thing was, he had just put a movie back on the shelf he thought was stupid)

I confessed I was totally stalking him via google location reporting :great: He knows I know how to do this but he never expected me to bust him at the dvd store.

Really, the only people that wouldn't want to use these services are people that sneak around and have things to hide. I strongly recommend using them, especially on kid's devices, and making sure THOSE apps are turned on at all times as a condition of them even having the device in the first place. It keeps them accountable and gives parents peace of mind, and God forbid they ever need to access them for a missing kid, can open the account up for LE to take a look at.

IIRC, neighbors did mention they were there from about 3pm until 7pm the day prior, looking along the road and in the brush. Yesterday they focused solely on the pond.

Wasn't it said he Occasionally works for this company

I don't recall seeing anywhere that he occasionally works for them. Before his FB went *poof* he had on there he'd been working for them since last year.

Those who have encountered me on other threads may recall my disdain for this particular MSM outlet.

It's widely known as the "Daily Fail". For good reason. I'll try and refrain from my usual rant about their "reporting"...

They do often have good photos.

Yep. It's hard to take a newspaper seriously when they print stories like Was 19th Century "apewoman" a yeti? :crazy:

OTOH, a lot of information in the article comes directly from WH, JH and residents, along with a mashup of local msm articles. Without statements from LE it's just a global game of "telephone" anyway so maybe bad press is better than no press in this meshugenah* case.

I agree about the photos though.

*Yiddish word for "crazy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members