VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If AJ's phone did ping Monday night in WH's hotel room and then Tuesday morning in Carrsville, what possible innocent explanation could there be?
Pings are not exact locations. So LE could have been testing him. Or their phones pinged from the same tower while he was at his hotel. But they cant say that it was pinging from the hotel itself unless they actually had a tracking device which gives the exact location. So in the court of law; A lawyer can argue that even though her phone had pinged in the area; It still doesn't place her in the hotel.

Is it possible? Yes, of course it's possible. When you consider his criminal background, current drug usage, and current marital status being separated, it's definitely possible one or both of them assumed the public might think something ELSE was going on, and just wanted to keep that private.

Unfortunately, it all backfired when they started playing games, deleting things, changing timelines, not disclosing info until days later, etc. JH signing off on a totally separate fund raising effort to help find OTHER people's kids is something I can't wrap my mama-brain around. Of course I care about other people's kids but if one of MINE were missing, there's no way I'd get involved in something like that before they were even found. AFTER, maybe. Lots of parents have done that AFTER the fact (John Walsh and Marc Klass immediately come to mind but I know there are so so so many others), but 4 weeks into AJ being missing with no resolve yet? No. Just... no.

I don't want to sound all cryptic but I also don't want to violate TOS so if this part has to be deleted, please do: It has been made public via a friend of the Hadsell family (found by searching for the twitter hashtag #bringajhome) that JH and WH's mother have signed their names to a $50,000 fundraising campaign to essentially re-invent the wheel with a new venture to do what there are already tons of other organizations & individuals doing with no cost whatsoever: using social media to find missing loved ones.

The new venture has an FB page that started March 15th. I feel the same!

I agree,

They're fundraising to start this organization
They talk about how they will use ALL available local mainstream media news channels to ensure maximum exposure.
They talk about gaining national publicity.
They talk about how a parent should not have to spend countless seconds and minutes waiting to get their family members face out into the public's eye.
They talk about how they will work with local search and rescue teams, police departments.

People would go out and search for AJ if "someone" would just ask.
Someone could have taken advantage of the Huffington Post offer or the Dr. Phil Offer. (and all local media offers for that matter, we know they ran 1 media outlet off)

People post on the BAJH page asking why there are so few posts on the page and the answer they get is -
maybe so few posts because we know nothing and there are no leads - (ugh!)
Maybe you would get more leads if you would flood the media with her story and appeal to the public for help with searching for/finding her.

There isn't a lot of media coverage about AJ where I live (North Chesterfield, Va.). The coverage that does stick in my mind (besides the fact that she is missing) is the video and story about her mother screaming at the media to leave her alone, and the story about AJ's step-dad being arrested and his prior criminal record.
Someone needs to fix that.

Somebody posted on the BAJH page asking if they need volunteers, they get no answers, they are ignored "crickets"
Somebody posted on the BAJH page and ask if there is a donation page and bam - here you go, the link is posted right away.
:moo:

It also makes me angry because the organizations that already exist have the funding, resources, equipment, manpower, and connections already established. They are reputable and many have lost a child of their own, such as the Harrington's "Help Save The Next Girl." I'm not saying JH or other family members can't or shouldn't found their own organization, but if they spent as much time looking for AJ as they did looking for money and harrassing peple trying to help, maybe they'd actually get media coverage and not so much "hate"

Yeah, that one is a real head scratcher. Like those 3 are some sort of social media experts at spreading the word about missing persons. I guess now that they are "done" with AJ they can move on to helping other families. I know that a lot of the organizations that help find the missing are started by people who lost loved ones, but none of them started their groups less than 40 days after the loved one went missing. Not to mention it was AJ's friends who really got the social media stuff going.

But they say they have a real opportunity to help other missing persons cases.
They say their mission is to make an impact in other families situations; Not sit behind the shadows and spread hate.

I'm not spreading hate, I'm just saying maybe they could focus on and "Help their own missing child" first.
Instead of wasting valuable time finding ways to drum up more donations. Get your own child story in the media.
Have someone speak for you if you can not speak yourself, but put yourself out there in the public, put AJ's story out there, hound the media everyday to mention AJ's story (someone) speak up for AJ (lord have mercy)
No one has donated to their other fund in 8 days. I think this fund is a waste of time. :moo:

Hey Zach. If you want full custody of your kids; Then this is the best time. I hate the circumstances; But this is your best time slot. The court will agree because none of this is healthy for your kids.

Okay so because I live pretty close by, I had the hubby drive me down this evening to where they searched the pond. The road is Rt 258 which if you were coming from Windsor (we were) you would be traveling south to Franklin right past the pond. The pond is actually on Rt 258 and the home is on Joyner's Bridge Road. If you were traveling south, the pond would be on your left. You could throw a cell phone out the window and maybe make it into the pond but probably not the middle. You would have to give it a good throw but hubby said he thought he could probably get it there. If you were coming from Franklin you would be driving north and therefore the pond would be on the right and well it would be hard to throw a phone across your body and get it even close.

I drove over to the Carrsville Elementary school. We took Joyner's Bridge Road and went down Rt 641 Collosse Rd and let me tell you there is tons of fields and wooded areas just like Ballahack Rd is in Chesapeake. We came back up Carrsville Hwy and took a right on 258. It's very rural out there you guys. Rt 258 runs between Windsor and Franklin which I can see that it could have some traffic on it especially in the morning since it might be a main travel road to get between the towns. It would be hard area to pinpoint an area to search without having something to go on. If the white van the neighbor was talking about was driving down Joyner's Bridge Road there are probably a lot of areas that you could hide stuff. Joyner's Bridge Road has closer homes down towards the pond they searched and also right by those other two ponds you see on Google Earth there are homes right by those ponds but as you go further down towards rt. 615 and 641 there are places where you wouldn't see a home but lots of fields and woods. I just wanted to kind of give you guys an idea from me traveling there. There weren't any new construction homes that we could see between Joyner's Bridge Road and Rt 641 and didn't see any construction going on at the school but we didn't drive around to the back of it or anything.

WAVY article http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/
"Hines said detectives showed him a picture of a white truck belonging to Quality Plumbing. Hines said he distinctly remembers seeing the truck driving slowly down Joyners Bridge Road, but not stopping."
“She asked me if I had seen that van in the area lately, and I told her that probably within the last week and a half to two weeks, I’ve seen it come down this road and go back out,” Hines said.

Agree totally. The thought of one day Wes being at the helm of that organization is sickening. He will be the one you call when you need to plant evidence and intimidate suspects while lying to the media on behalf of your family. Lol. I would just donate to another organization thank you.

This nonsense will never fly. No way in hello people will support an ex-con charged with kidnapping (regardless if he was ever convicted) running a missing persons social media venture. IMO, none of these people actually gave this serious thought.

I don't want to violate TOS either, but I did see this "endeavor" on social media when it was "conceived". And it was definitely the family friend's "idea". I was pretty amazed when this was first being mentioned on social media, that this guy really felt that he had thought of something original and new.

Some people, due to whatever reasons you might want to consider, see a traumatic/tragic event and also see personal gain dollar signs. It's EXTREMELY common, unfortunately.

Sprint has a Family locator option, and a "Family Wall" app, but one needs to be signed up for it/them.

Apple devices have Find my iPhone, which can be accessed via the Cloud and used even if the app is not installed on the phone, but one needs the Apple ID and password to access the Cloud.

I'm also signed up for the Google/android location services for daughter's cellphone, in case I every need to track her down. I think I used it once, when she was later than expected and hadn't responded to a text query. It was pretty accurate.

I have the iPhone and I can only find the Find iPhone app too. I wonder if there is something else I can get for our phones. My son and I have iPhones and hubby has a new Galaxy S5. My son can actually text me his exact location but I don't know how I would track him without him knowing. I guess it's something we all should look into for safety purposes.

This nonsense will never fly. No way in hello people will support an ex-con charged with kidnapping (regardless if he was ever convicted) running a missing persons social media venture. IMO, none of these people actually gave this serious thought.
I would imagine it's hard to give serious thought to anything when a loved one is missing. :(

Where the heck was the neighbors during the break in and beating of the dog? I know neighborhood watch programs are still in effect in most places. Or atleast the nosy neighbor program. The cops is probably mad that Wes has contaminated all evidence that is really linking to him. I would throw his butt in jail too. He is truly playing an aggressive game of chest with LE. Now with the break in he is screwed. But he will have a fighting chance on a murder case ( God Forbid ).

WH admits to JF in the jailhouse interview he broke into the house at 2pm. Most neighbors were probably at work? Out running errands? Napping with baby? Composing replies on WS? ;) I'm not sure about the demographics of the street but on mine, it's a mix of younger working class, stay at home/work at home moms (like me) and retired folk. Based purely on google street view, the street looks identical to my own, so I'm guessing it's a mix of the same (roughly) demo. Honestly, unless I were actually outside, I'd never notice if someone were breaking into the house next door or across the street at 2pm on a weekday.

To bail Wes out so he doesn't snitch on the others.

I had just poured a glass of wine after reading several of our posts....this one almost caused me to choke on it. I was in desperate need of something lighter in nature! :laughing:

It also makes me angry because the organizations that already exist have the funding, resources, equipment, manpower, and connections already established. They are reputable and many have lost a child of their own, such as the Harrington's "Help Save The Next Girl." I'm not saying JH or other family members can't or shouldn't found their own organization, but if they spent as much time looking for AJ as they did looking for money and harrassing peple trying to help, maybe they'd actually get media coverage and not so much "hate"

The thanks button just wasn't enough. Honestly, JH needs to put all her cards on the table with LE AND WITH MEDIA , Hadsell family and external influence be damned. If she really wants to "bring AJ home", she will.

Okay so because I live pretty close by, I had the hubby drive me down this evening to where they searched the pond. The road is Rt 258 which if you were coming from Windsor (we were) you would be traveling south to Franklin right past the pond. The pond is actually on Rt 258 and the home is on Joyner's Bridge Road. If you were traveling south, the pond would be on your left. You could throw a cell phone out the window and maybe make it into the pond but probably not the middle. You would have to give it a good throw but hubby said he thought he could probably get it there. If you were coming from Franklin you would be driving north and therefore the pond would be on the right and well it would be hard to throw a phone across your body and get it even close.

I drove over to the Carrsville Elementary school. We took Joyner's Bridge Road and went down Rt 641 Collosse Rd and let me tell you there is tons of fields and wooded areas just like Ballahack Rd is in Chesapeake. We came back up Carrsville Hwy and took a right on 258. It's very rural out there you guys. Rt 258 runs between Windsor and Franklin which I can see that it could have some traffic on it especially in the morning since it might be a main travel road to get between the towns. It would be hard area to pinpoint an area to search without having something to go on. If the white van the neighbor was talking about was driving down Joyner's Bridge Road there are probably a lot of areas that you could hide stuff. Joyner's Bridge Road has closer homes down towards the pond they searched and also right by those other two ponds you see on Google Earth there are homes right by those ponds but as you go further down towards rt. 615 and 641 there are places where you wouldn't see a home but lots of fields and woods. I just wanted to kind of give you guys an idea from me traveling there. There weren't any new construction homes that we could see between Joyner's Bridge Road and Rt 641 and didn't see any construction going on at the school but we didn't drive around to the back of it or anything.

WAVY article http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/
"Hines said detectives showed him a picture of a white truck belonging to Quality Plumbing. Hines said he distinctly remembers seeing the truck driving slowly down Joyners Bridge Road, but not stopping."
“She asked me if I had seen that van in the area lately, and I told her that probably within the last week and a half to two weeks, I’ve seen it come down this road and go back out,” Hines said.
But again, "a week and a half to two weeks ago?" Not only not specific, but pretty sure Wes was locked up. Has anyone dive the "stupid" check to find out how many jobs the plumbing company had out that way recently?

And just how sure was the guy that it was a company van and not just a white van with some writing on it?

I would imagine it's hard to give serious thought to anything when a loved one is missing. :(

Exactly why people like JH should be surrounded by people that GENUINELY want to help HER, instead of helping themselves.

I think there was something going on in that home and AJ got stuck in the middle of it.
JH and WH have all the answers.
JMO

Everything both of them continue to do leads me to no other possibility but this. JMO.

But again, "a week and a half to two weeks ago?" Not only not specific, but pretty sure Wes was locked up. Has anyone dive the "stupid" check to find out how many jobs the plumbing company had out that way recently?

And just how sure was the guy that it was a company van and not just a white van with some writing on it?

Both of our grandmothers lived off rural roads in the Midwest. When we heard someone coming down the road our grandmothers usually took a glance. They usually knew by looking at the vehicles if it it was someone they knew going past their house. Here in VA it is a little different. For some reason or other I frequently see old TV's, furniture and even an occasional mattress or box spring in the ditch. I see them all the time bike riding the rural roads. I've found most folks out that way on the lightly traveled roads pay attention to vehicles - especially those slowing down. That means they are not local - either lost OR looking to dump something in a ditch and run.

I can see a local paying attention to a slow moving vehicle coming down Joyners Bridge Road. Either they are looking for an address or up to no good.

Sadly, eyewitness accounts in criminal cases are notoriously unreliable. I generally don't put too much stock into "so and so is sure he saw such and such on this day". As much as such folks in this case like Wavy Loved Kid, Smokey Porch Neighbor and now Country Bridge Witness strike me as neutral, no agenda-witnesses. It's far too often proven inaccurate. Hard, physical evidence however, has no agenda, has no fault of memory, eyesight or hearing. That's where I tend to hang my hat.

The thanks button just wasn't enough. Honestly, JH needs to put all her cards on the table with LE AND WITH MEDIA , Hadsell family and external influence be damned. If she really wants to "bring AJ home", she will.

At this point, based on her actions, deletion of any posts that ask any questions about anything at all, and lack of pushing for information, I can't help but think she's involved somehow or at least knows more than she's admitting to.

Both of our grandmothers lived off rural roads in the Midwest. When we heard someone coming down the road our grandmothers usually took a glance. They usually knew by looking at the vehicles if it it was someone they knew going past their house. Here in VA it is a little different. For some reason or other I frequently see old TV's, furniture and even an occasional mattress or box spring in the ditch. I see them all the time bike riding the rural roads. I've found most folks out that way on the lightly traveled roads pay attention to vehicles - especially those slowing down. That means they are not local - either lost OR looking to dump something in a ditch and run.

I can see a local paying attention to a slow moving vehicle coming down Joyners Bridge Road. Either they are looking for an address or up to no good.

I lived in the country for 12 years. Even our dogs would jump up and run to the back door if they heard a vehicle they didn't recognize coming down our lane way. If they heard any of the barn workers trucks or farm equipment they'd just lay there on the deck and do nothing. If they heard our van or our car, both of them would jump up and run around the house to greet us in the driveway. I get that rural folk notice things that maybe city folk don't ( I certainly did - remember that movie SIGNS with Mel Gibson where they lived in a cornfield? That was OUR HOUSE, not literally but exactly the same scenario) , but even with that there's just something about eyewitnesses that often proves to be unreliable in cases like this.

So, I never completely discount them (because sometimes they're spot on) but I don't put too much credibility into them, unless other evidence bears them out to be legit.

moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member