Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by brenchen
I'm just wondering if Angelica called the police or went to a police station and said "I'm fine, I just want to disappear from the whole situation. I don't want it known that I came in either" would the police honor this?

Originally Posted by mermy
AJ isn't a criminal. Leaving home is not a crime, especially at 18 which is adult status.

Even for a minor teen, running away is not a crime in Virginia.

And, everything that has transpired has been completely out of her control in regard to the actions of JH, WH, the media etc.

Even the NPD, they have been doing what was needed in response to leads, behaviors of others as a result of that initial report so and so on. Once it was on file, they had to follow through with anything and everything.

Bolded above: I feel that the NPD would honor such a request from AJ as long as they could confirm it was in fact her. The *missing person report* would be cancelled along with any other alerts out there (Virginia State Police and anywhere else). I cannot imagine them doing anything else.

In situations with the runaway teens I worked with, reports were cancelled all the time once the teen returned home. There were also times the reports were cancelled once contact with the teen had been reestablished by a parent and the parent agreed to some other living arrangement.

Adult AJ would not have to return home. And, NPD would not get involved or interfere with AJ's wishes to stay away temporarily or actually reside elsewhere.

These would all be legal decisions by AJ.

Now, keep in mind that I cannot speak for the NPD.

But, everything I've stated here stems from my knowledge of how it all works.

And, I would encourage AJ to contact the police and go there and make such requests to bring all of this to an end.

Now, you mentioned earlier how the media coverage is predominately very local. It is. And, IF AJ is actually away from this area or in another state; she might not have any idea how HUGE all of this has become.

I just wanted to add to the above quoted:

IF AJ is actually away from Hampton Roads or in another state; she could go into any police station that is local to where she is at any point in time and identify herself. She could let any police station know that there is an *open missing person report* regarding her and request that the report be closed. They would be able to contact NPD on her behalf and let NPD know that she is safe.

I don't. If anyone knows WH, it's mama.

I agree with you. I think she was in full "Mama Bear Mode" defending her cub...right, wrong, or indifferent. It's not hard at all to see where WH get it, she's just lacking his charm. (Not that he is charming, he just has a certain way about him that is a bit more likable.)

Just jumping off your post. How many organizations for the missing were founded by parents of missing children, one month into looking for their child? I follow a lot of cases but have never seen this. Just wondering if this is something common or another one of "their" things?

After a considerable amount of research, culling google quotes and totally reliable wikipedia copy and paste and consulting my air horn and biodegradable balloons.... exactly none.

This is nothing more than disgusting, inexcusable, shameful profiteering. I'm glad there are STILL zero donations.

moo.

After a considerable amount of research, culling google quotes and totally reliable wikipedia copy and paste and consulting my air horn and biodegradable balloons.... exactly none.

This is nothing more than disgusting, inexcusable, shameful profiteering. I'm glad there are STILL zero donations.

moo.

I feel bad that you did that because so did I, I feel bad that we both did the leg work. But at least we can both say we found nothing. Everyone I found was started because the child wasn't found years later or was found and the parents used their experience too assist others. Just making sure I'm not over reacting I like to try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but dang if it isn't a struggle with this case.

Agree and I don't know what to think anymore. This case has me going bonkers.:gaah:

So Mama Bear H. says there were reasons to believe that AJ was in the 'texty kid's' house after she went missing? Who could have told WH that? Wouldn't we have heard if there was a credible witness to that 'fact'?
I am thinking that the source of that 'fact' is, once again, Wesley.

IMO if you say you need $20K for home remodeling and on same day launch a FB site that soon starts a fundraising site for its cause seeking $50K, is reason to ask questions..... Just saying IMO

Post #881. Is Brenchen (who i think is related to bio dad) on to something?

Post #881. Is Brenchen (who i think is related to bio dad) on to something?

No. I don't think LE would have spent 2 days in an expensive search for her cell in a pond, if they already knew she was safe somewhere. JMO :cow:

No. I don't think LE would have spent 2 days in an expensive search for her cell in a pond, if they already knew she was safe somewhere. JMO :cow:

Maybe she is too scared to do it since WH is in jail. But it would be a nice thought if she did go to check bio dad out. I just took Brenchen question as odd.

I hope it's okay to post this, but if not, mods please remove:

There is a BRAND NEW missing persons organization looking for volunteers to help create a simulated abduction video. https://www.facebook.com/SMMPASS/ph...2194203973612/365378676988498/?type=1&theater

Just for my own clarification;
The plan is to have volunteers do a 'real time' mock abduction, film it, and make a 90 sec promotional campaign, to show how their SMMPSS alert system can roll out...right?

Is there more to the 'alert' system than twitter and FB?

The plan is to have volunteers do a 'real time' mock abduction, film it, and make a 90 sec promotional campaign, to show how their SMMPSS alert system can roll out...right?

No. I believe from reading the page is that it's simply a place for people to post about missing loved ones "after four hours." So, essentially doing what the BAJHFB page did, only for some reason this one costs $50k. Unbelievable.

WOW! Just when I think the people involved in this case cannot possibly get any lower, they reach a new nadir of disgusting.

I've never been accused of being the most politically correct person in the world, but even I can see that this is insensitive, disrespectful to what may have happened to AJ and far, FAR too soon.

STOP trying to take the focus off of A.J, where it belongs.

There is now is "support WH" Facebook page started by His sister an hour ago

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you for making me feel welcome. Sarcasm. If you only knew how much it would have meant to at least be acknowledged.

So sorry, this is a fast moving thread, and being Easter weekend, I for one have not been able to keep up to date with reading all the posts. I do however check several times a day to see if there have been any major developments, always hoping that AJ may have been found safe and well.

Only just starting to catch up now, at nearly midnight in the UK.

We welcome you wholeheartedly, and thank you for joining us here. Please accept my apologies for not welcoming you sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But wait, there's more!

They will also appoint someone to come out of your door from time to time and yell at the media or anyone else who is in front of your house to "Get off my lawn before I call the police!"

The organization will also ensure that any comments posted to social media that do not meet the rigorous standards of blind and unquestioning support will be deleted while ignoring offers of help from "strangers" that are outside your trusted circle of friends and family that might try to interject common sense or contradict any intentions you might have of finding your missing person!

Lastly, this organization will ensure that you get the least amount of time with the public, turning down any and all offers for interviews and opportunities to tell your missing loved one's story.

All of that is included if you act now, but the deal is time sensitive! The web page is standing by!

Creepy crawly missions and dog punching classes available for an additional fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova